Real Betis Balompie [R]

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by BrianCappellieri, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good translation. Losing a 0-3 lead like that is the beginning of the end for Betis. At least you're close to Lopera's magic 43 points that he builds his teams to achieve. You should be safe for one more year in La Primera. :p

2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Either you are just being or just plain stupid. The last time I looked at La Liga Table, Betis was fifth out of twenty teams. To me, that shows a team on the move, getting stronger. Now if Betis was 15th, then I would be worried. W/ a comment like that, I know that you are tripping off Betis coming from behind you. What happens when Betis finishes the season ahead of Sevilla?? I hope you won't jump off a bridge. :eek:

3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Well, Well, Well (or should I say Bueno)....Betis is in 3rd position after punkin' Deportivo. I do recall reading somewhere on this board that Betis was going down this weekend to in form Deportivo. Hah, what happen Sevilla scum??? Cat gotcha tongue?? Have fun lookin' up to Betis this week[​IMG]

4. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Rumor has it that on Monday the Sun came up and the sky was a bright green and white in Sevilla!

El Pichi

5. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: Minor setback

The VerdiBlancos slipped this week vs. Valencia. To me, Valencia had to win that match. They are a team in Crisis. The VerdiBlancos put up a excellent match & it only shows how strong the side is. A team will have to play their A game to beat Betis.
    [​IMG]

6. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Well well Betis sure has exceeded my expectations. They are doing a fine job. Oliveira has been quite a gift. They should make the UEFA at least. And what's more, rival Sevilla had higher goals and they are not delivering (and they have a good team)

Good year for the ver-dee-blahn-koss!!

BTW I remember Doblas the GK playing for Betis B in 2B against Granada in 2002... that dude was a freak that day stopping bullets... I didn't think he would outseat Prats and Contreras though. Good G...

Viva er Beti

7. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Betis has only exceeded the expectations of those who do not remember or did not follow Betis when Don Lorenzo Serra Ferrer was their coach for 3 1/2 years from early 94 through June 97. When he took over Betis was languishing in midtable in their 3rd consecutive season in Segunda. They won 10 out of the last 11 games and finished second to Espanyol and were promoted. Their first season back in Primera they finished third and that was before the CL expanded. Their next year they finished 4th and lost in the UEFA Cup to Zidanes Girondines of Bourdeaux. In his last season they finished 7th went 3 rounds in the UEFA Cup and lost to Barca in the Copa del Rey final in OT with Figo bagging the winner.

All of us were demanding that Lopera bring back Serra Ferrer but he was too bull headed and we had to suffer with Luis Fernandez for two additional years of crapola. Now that Don Lorenzo is back things are back to normal.

As for Doblas Contreras was injured at the beginning of the season so Prats started he got injured and it has been Doblas since then. Just another of those gems found in the Betis organization.

viva er beti manque lopera!

Pichi

8. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Serra Ferrer should keep the job like Wenger and Sir Ferguson do in their clubs. Ferrer Forrever!

9. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Hey La Viola, I remember at the begining of the season how you were trippin' on Betis losing a couple of matches. I told you then that the pride of the VerdeBlancos would come through. Obviously w/ your name, you have other issues to worry about. So don't trip off the VerdiBlancos if they make it the PRESTIGIOUS CHAMPIONS LEAUGUE. In my book you can join those doubters of Sevilla, stare & wonder, why it didn't happen for your favorite side.

10. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Barca-Betis (R)

Week 30 scheduled for Sunday 3 April in the Nou Camp.

Betis needs the 3 points and so does Barca is they want to keep a safe distance between themselves and the grounded galacticos. This game should be on GolTV and will signify the return of Don Lorenzo Serra Ferrer to Barcelona since his move back to Betis.

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

Pichi

11. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Whoa, easy, Robbie Cubbie...

So at the time things looked bleak and I was moody, OK?

Have you seen where it says on the left the word Team??? What does "Various" mean, dude??? :rolleyes:

Yeah, maybe I should change the nickname. People get the wrong idea, more so when they are close-minded Spaniard wannabes like you!

I happen to be a fan of BOTH Fiorentina (yeah they sucked this year) and Betis... different country, different league... and it's common to have more than one fave team if in different places. Sevilla??? WTF??? I don't hang around with death row thugs...

I don't need some sissy toy poodle to bark at me like you do. More so when I'm half ANDALUSIAN and I truly know what a Betis team means! Are you one of those poser Fake Salt Lake American types??? Guess so.

No me toques los co jones. :mad:

12. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Whatever. If you mad, then stay mad. You are the one that typed that stupid shit in the first place. I just wanted give you a reminder. You can call me all the names you want. You can criticize me. I gives a fuck, but you know that I am Real Betis fan. I come correct & suggest maybe you should change your name too.

13. jrod69

jrod69 Member

Feb 19, 2005
    NYC
    betis-barcelona sunday at 11pm GOLTV

14. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No its not at 1100 pm it's at 1100 hrs EDT 0800 hrs PDT and don't forget to move your clocks one hour ahead Saturday night or you'll miss the first half.

11.00 am ET Barcelona x Betis

good news is that Puyol will be out due to his ankle injury from the WC match against Serbia. That should give Betis more chances to attack and penetrate the Barca defense.
    I am sure that Betis would like a tie but they should go for the victory. My prediction 1-2 Betis with goals from Edu and Assuncao.

viva er beti manque lopera!

El Pichi

BTW-Fiorentina were you born in Spain or one of your parents is Andaluz? I was born in Rota and my mother is from Merida (Badajoz).

15. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Guys,

Lets quit the name calling and insulting, you both sound like a bunch of Sevillistas :eek: and I know that your aren't.

Thanks in advance y como no viva er beti manque lopera!

El Pichi
    Spanish Soccer Moderator

16. mdrite

mdrite New Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Miami
    Oh my lucky stars...
    This is absolutely the last straw. How blatantly obvious does it have to get? Do people now see that Barcelona games are refereed unfairly?! You have got to be kidding me! On their way to an exquisite double over the lucky dogs this season they were stopped dead in their tracks by a referee which had Barcelona written on his forehead with invincible magic markers...
    How do you give a penalty when someone trips over air? I guess this isn't a contact sport anymore... and Where on god's green earth did they pull out 5 minutes from? It should've been 2 minutes, at the most!

2 goals by Joaquin and 1 by Ricardo Oliveira, just mesmerizing. I've never seen Barcelona so happy over a point>2 frustrating penalties and 1, yeah, well, you know what that was...
    Forget Valencia, Real Betis along with Villareal should represent Spain in the Champions League from now on..., they both beat gasping-for-a-point barcelona and looked good while doing it...

This day will live in infamy in the 2004-2005 season, unfortunately for all the wrong reasons

P.S. Look out for my new unofficial rule book regarding refereeing in barcelona games... :cool:

17. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are you talking about the Belletti dive? It seemed like his momentum made him trip with just the slightest contact. That was a harsh call.
    I agree. With the stoppages for goals and cards, 3 minutes would have been more than fair.

The red card was probably the right call early in the game. Deco was DOGSO, the clothesline around the neck looked nasty. The CR could not have called it any other way.

But I was amazed at how Betis were able to score on 2 quick counters with just 10 men. Oliveira and Joaquin were fantastic on the counter and converted their chances.

Betis fell asleep during injury-time. Deco's long ball was sent on a hope and a prayer, sailed over Maxi's head, and whoa, van Bronckhorst was there to slot it home. Tough way to settle for 1 point when Betis could almost smell all 3 points.

18. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I must agree 100%, but the performance from Betis was remarkable. Down a man to stretch the lead?? Now those boyz were playing. I just hope Los VerdeBlancos don't lose a CL because of this result. :rolleyes:

19. Lemieux

Lemieux Member

Aug 19, 2000
    Baltimore Federal Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My brother will be in Sevilla on May 8th of this year. Isn't that the date of the derby between Real Betis and Sevilla? If it is, how can he get tickets? Which stadium will it be in, etc.? thanks

20. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Please tell me your brother is not a Celtic supporter like you! Go Gers! :p The game will be played in the Betis stadium "Benito Villamarin" or as it is now called the "Ruiz de Lopera". Tix are hard to come by since for the derby they either sell extra tickets only to season ticket holders or they charge such a high price that it basically prevents the chorizos from getting into the stadium. Although this year may be different. Tickets are sold at the stadium beginning on the Monday prior to the game.

Your brother will not want to miss Betis kicking some Sevilla ass and sending the sorry lot back to their pigstye which resembles Parkhead! :D

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera and Go Gers!

El Pichi

21. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    it's not just Barca games its also against Madrid, the difference here is that it was so obvious that it made a mockery of Spanish referees and continues to add fuel to the never ending speculation that the big boys tend to get 4-7 points a season based on biased refereeing as most of us saw this past Sunday.

The point here is that Betis did not walk into Nou Camp with their tails between their legs but with cojones the size of boulders and were not intimidated at all by the lousy ref, the Barca players or the crowd. Don Lorenzo Serra Ferrer is a genius and he proved it with what Betis did on the pitch with one man down and a shite ref!

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

El Pichi

22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Gol TV has provided us w/ another hook-up...

The match at Villarreal will be shown live @ 8am(PDT) on Sunday. If you have GolTV, check your local listings :D

Viva VerdiBlancos :D

23. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Gol TV has provided us w/ another hook-up...

This Thurs., the Copa del Rey match vs. Athletic Bilbao will be shown live on GolTV. Twice in one week, what a treat :D

24. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Re: Gol TV has provided us w/ another hook-up...

1200 hrs PDT, 1500 Hrs EDT, plus it will be rebroadcast on Friday.

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera y por la copa!!

El Pichi

25. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: Real Betis Balompie should have done better[R]

Just finished watching the 0-0 draw vs. Athletic Bilbao for the Copa del Rey. I know it's a 2 leg series, but man I was hoping for a 2-0 scoreline. Denilson looked pretty good at times. Fernando sucked, but left in too long. Why?? I don't like the look of things in the next leg.