Real Betis Balompie 2010-2011 Official Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Pichi, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As promised here are the video highlights:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybtiezJR6G0"]YouTube - Real Betis - Numancia 4-1 [HQ] highlights from Spain - Segunda Division 2011-04-30[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aBGYvPr8fc"]YouTube - BETIS numancia 4-1 Afición[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNOz-Zbhn6I"]YouTube - betis 4 - 1 numancia 2010-2011[/ame]

Ese Beti Oe!!

2. BarcaFan

BarcaFan Member

Nov 14, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: Real Betis Balompie fans Estan Bueno!!!

Awesome goals!

3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Hey Pichi, did you see that Palmeiras vs. Corinthians match on Sunday??? Man that #20 still can make a nice pass. He looked to be in awesome shape. That guy will always be my favorite Betico. True, I love Adu, but Marcos Assunção is the epitome of class!!!
    [​IMG]

4. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I remember seeing him at the Villamarin against Osasuna it was late in the game that Betis let Osasuna back into and they tied it up. A Betis player was tripped up about 8 yards outside the box. A DK and everyone knew it was in Assuncao range and there he was, he carefully placed the ball on the grass, took his 3 steps back looked around in the box, took a look at the goal keeper and less then a second later it was in the back of the net and the ref blew the final whistle. Around 2:21 on this video. That game he had either 2-3 DK's or long shoots off the wood.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv8Id_1j7Rw"]YouTube - Marcos Assuncao " El cañon de Heliopolis"[/ame]

Great player and he his celebrating goals with the cordobes hat on was classic. Indeed he was all class and a Betico by heart!!

Ese Beti Oe

5. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If all goes well in the next 48 hours Er Glorioso could be a First Division team!! If they defeat Tenerife Wednesday night at the Villamarin (which would send Tenerife to Segunda B) and Celta loses or ties on the road against Salamanca who are in relegation zone and desperately need those 3 points Betis would be clear of Celta who currently has 61 points, or Granada and Elche who have 60 points compared to the 73 that Betis currently has.

It's been a long two years in Segunda but when we went down after the Valladolid match I knew that if was for a good reason and that reason was Lolo was on his last leg of his dictatorship over the club he supposedly loved but instead ransacked over the years. He's gone and keeps losing in the court system every couple of weeks and it won't be long, he'll be in jail and Betis in Primera!!

It'll be a long 48 hours but well worth the wait if the results go Betis way!!

Ese Beti Oe!!

6. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    3-1 final few minutes of the match and the Villamarin is rocking as Betis are unofficially in Primera tonite but will have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens. To top this off Osasuna just scored and after losing 0-2 at home are now ahead 3-2 in the final minutes! :D

Gordillo did what Lopera couldn't do bring Er Glorioso back to Primera!

Ese Beti En Primera Oe!!

7. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    bueno!!! Los verdiblancos!!!

8. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Final 3-1 Ese Beti en Primera Oe!!

I can smell a Derby Sevillano next season!! :D

9. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  10. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Match highlights with a different filming perspective but great images of the players and the fans!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0qz3Ej5My8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - #elbetisvuelveasusitio[/ame]

Ese Beti Oe!!

11. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Rayo & Celta played to a goaless draw. So still in first w/ 3 matches remaining, but only by 3 points. Promotion is guaranteed :D

12. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Congrats Betis on coming back to 1st division!

13. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    My Betis jersey has the #3 worn by Rafael Gordillo.

The prez now.

When I 1st followed soccer in the 80s he was one of my 1st idols.

Oh and looky here:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LKrTlAqV-k"]YouTube - ‪Rafael Gordillo‬‏[/ame]
    (on one scene he's talking to one Tab Ramos)

14. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    W/ two matches left, Los VerdiBlancos still have La Segunda Title in their grasp. Win the last two & any slip up by Rayo & the Title is ours. A Classic way to end the season.

15. ABSRD

ABSRD New Member

May 23, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thx for the info, i was looking for it!

16. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    They need to concentrate on getting Pepe Mel to coach them next season in Primera, so far no contract renewal; and to focus on some players with Primera pedigree if they plan on staying up next season.

Emana is questionable for next year, should be an interesting summer as the team will be doing their pre-season in France.

Ese Beti Oe!!

17. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  18. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  19. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Betis confirmed that they will be playing in the Bayonne Cup which is to be held in Bayonne France from 20-23 July. The other 3 teams are; Girondins of Bordeaux, Olympique of Marseilles and RCD Espanyol.

20. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I am not sure about a dude named "Chica". :eek:

21. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This Saturday Er Glorioso will be playing what should be their last game in many years in Segunda if all hold well next year in Primera. They will be playing at home against Villareal B and with a win would capture their 5th Segunda Division title. They would still finish in first with a tie and a Rayo loss or even a loss and a Rayo tie since they split the head to head match with Rayo but scored 4 goals to Rayo's 1. This could be Emana's final game as a Betico, although Betis does not want to sell him since they need his services, but with money being an issue, if a team offers Betis a minimum of 5M Euros he will be history.

Ese Beti Oe!!

22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Sad, but maybe we can catch a break & Malaga will offer 10M Euros ;)

23. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I hate to say it but Malaga was on a roll at the end of last season and with some of their signings already this summer they may be challenging for a Euro slot. They now have the money to bankroll a decent squad plus Pelligrini knows his stuff. I would bet my money on them beating out Sevilla next year for Europe. Of course Er Beti will be ahead of both of those teams! :D

Ese Beti Oe!

24. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Betis won la segunda :D Back into La Liga. Vamanos Los VerdiBlancos!!!!

25. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    For those of us Beticos who want our cremated ashes stored in the Betis memorial see article below as Betis is the third Liga team to have such a location for us die hard supporters!

Los béticos ya tienen a su disposición el 'Espacio Memorial'
    Real Betis - Noticias
    Martes, 07 de Junio de 2011 17:32

Una imagen del 'Espacio Memorial' del Betis.

[​IMG]

Una imagen del 'Espacio Memorial' del Betis.
    El Real Betis Balompié se ha convertido en el tercer club de fútbol español en dotar a sus simpatizantes de un columbario donde pueden reposar sucenizas si así lo estiman oportuno. Esta iniciativa denominada en este caso 'Espacio Memorial', ya ha sido llevada a cabo por el Atlético de Madrid y y Espanyol, y en el Benito Villamarín se ha podido llevar a cabo después de la renegociación llevada a cabo por el actual consejo de administración, ya que las condiciones pactadas con Luis Oliver eran escasamente beneficiosas para la entidad. De hecho, el Betis recibirá una cantidad por adelantado en previsión de los ingresos previstos, algo que vendrá bastante bien para las arcas del club. El recinto ocupa una área total de 380 m2 con cabida para 3.717 columbarios individuales, donde se albergarán las urnas funerarias con las cenizas de los difuntos. El espacio está ambientado con un diseño moderno y elegante, diametralmente opuesto a la estética tradicional de los nichos funerarios. Los columbarios fabricados por Giem Sports son fotocerámicos y ocultan las urnas tras un mural con imágenes simbólicas para la afición bética. Asimismo, se han instalado una ara comunitaria donde se podrán esparcir las cenizas de forma anónima y una zona para quienes deseen tener una placa conmemorativa con su nombre.