Re: AC Milan official transfer, rumor, and speculation thread 8

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JZPalermofan

JZPalermofan Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    this is somewhat true, but i think it would be allowed to be rotated every once in a while anyway since we would have ambrosini, beckham, pirlo, gattuso, flamini, and even seedorf for that spot. beckham-pirlo-gattuso in midfield would be pretty solid and balanced. i think beckham balances our midfield out because he works really hard and can also play the ball...even pirlo was working hard to defend against bologna! lol maybe beckham has inspired pirlo.

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Key here must be the age of these players.

Seedorf 33 this year
    Pirlo 30
    Beckham 34
    Ambrosini 32
    Emerson 33
    Gattuso 31
    Flamini 25
    Gourcuff 23

Surely only two of these guys have a real future with Milan. Why not start playing Flamini and Gourcuff and stop this Beckham crap.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hear they want 35 year old Panucci now also....

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The worst part of this equation is not just the older players, but the huge salaries. How on Earth have not cut Emerson is beyond me? I also wouldn't be surprised to see Seedorf gone by next year. I don't care for his grumbling.

5. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we have been asking that question for years.

6. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, i have a feeling emerson is gone, if not in the winter, in the summer, he was frozen out again for the genoa match. I like emerson, but it looks like a break-up is coming

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=4218

cardacio might go on loan to serie b for pisa...would be a good move imho

7. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i agree... on the cardacio part.

never liked emerson. hopefully he is gone in the winter itself...

and where the hell is flamini. I want to know if he isnt playing coz of ancelotti or is it because he is slowly regaining form and fitness after his injury.

8. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Ancelotti is at fault imo. He needs balls to stand up to galliani and berlusconi sometimes. How does Beckham become an automatic starter considering how poorly he played in the MLS and he only practice a few times.

9. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    How poorly he played in the MLS?

K, I get how educated you could be regarding Serie A. But, if you don't watch MLS don't comment on it. Don't just read the articles about him.

Because of beckham, L.A was the top scoring offense in the league last year. if he didnt score it or assist it he was the opening pass to the score or the assist. You can't blame an attacking midfielder for how poorly his defense plays.

Sheesh, Ignorance is bliss.

how little he practice? Kaka and Ronaldinho both couldn't help but to notice how hard he was working in practice. He was at practice working 3 hours early before anyone else got there. Dude, get your facts straight

10. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, he hasnt played too bad, and has steadily improved. Dont get me wrong, I dont think Beckham should start over flamini, but they have different characteristics and if ancelotti wants a player of beckham's characterisitcs, then he will play him and not flamini and I can make peace with that.

If i were to play beckham, I would still start flamini over ambrosini. Ambro has done a lot for this team and I respect that, but flamini is the future and we need to start playing him before we alienate another fantastic midfielder.

A midfield comprising of flamini gourcuff pirlo with abate on the bench is truly mouthwatering and we can have that for little to no cost and all we have to do is show a little faith.

11. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    whether he played poorly or not at the galaxy is moot, all i care about personally is how he will perform for milan, and so far can there be any doubt that cardacio would have produced more than beckham is doing right now? there is a gulf in quality between those two players and there is no shame in loaning out cardacio. if he has the quality, he will show it in serie b, and then if he plays well and doesn't get a chance then ancelotti can be "blamed." right now, beckham gives the team a much better chance to win and hence deserves to play.

as far as ancelotti not having any balls...he benched dinho. ancelotti is stubborn and plays favorites and has other flaws, but i don't get where people act as if he is some puppet. he benched pato last year, he has kept sheva, berlu's "son" riding the pine and has benched dinho...also last year berlusconi would call publicly for two strikers and ancelotti would ignore him (whether that was the right decision or not is a different debate, but the point is if he had no balls he would have catered to the pressure exerted from the board).

ancelotti is not too theatrical and keeps his disagreements behind closed doors, but i think it's hard to argue he is not his own man, if anything his quiet resoluteness (maybe downright obstinance) is one of my main issues with him

12. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ancelotti doesn't have the balls to try something new. He hit pay-dirt with the Pirlo experiment and has been trying to ride it for the past 6 years. He won't drop Clarence Seedorf to save his life. He still thinks Ambrosini is Milan material. Times change, you can't be TOO sentimental in this game.

13. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what does that have to do with beckham though? or balls (balls in this sense being doing berlusconi's bidding)?

14. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Oh. I dunno. I wasn't talking about that, I was just using it as an opportunity to point out Ancelotti is tactically limited.

15. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, he has his flaws as i admitted on my previous post and plays favorites and at times drives me bonkers, just that sometimes i feel people go overboard and blame every little ill on him

16. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    must agree with that. seedorf pretty much epitomizes that point.

And ambro needs to be benched in favor of flamini. Whats funny is that flamini is a ancelotti signing, and yet he is lettin him rot.

17. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    to be fair, though, ambrosini had a good match and does give us our only aerial presence in midfield, but yeah i agree that flamini should get more of a chance, but i think he will. flamini's injury woes also hurt his rhythm, he fell out of the line-up especially given gattuso's excellent form at the same time and then has struggled to get back in, even with gattuso going down

18. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I like Beckham's contribution so far and I think it could be positive if he stayed. My only beef would be that Gourcuff seems more unlikely to come back by the day.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    very well said!

20. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    looks like darmian and cardacio may be off on loan to pisa...they are struggling right now, but i guess this could be a good move. i just hope they both get playing time.

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This isn't America where employees have no rights. You can't cut someone just because you think they don't deserve what you pay them.

22. iCEMANGSCCC

iCEMANGSCCC Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Winston-Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

wtf are you talking about? People in America make $70/hr to TURN A WRENCH, with FULL health care benfits, post retirement salary, 401k, etc... If those aren't rights, then you're ********ing crazy.

Workers in America have TOO MANY rights, that's partly why our economy is in the shitter. ********ing SOME unions.

23. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    very true

24. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    you know little of what you speak of:)

25. iCEMANGSCCC

iCEMANGSCCC Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Winston-Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Then why can't you prove anything I say wrong? Unions and workers rights have ruined this country.