RC LENS Thread........

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by HADJI, Jan 21, 2007.

1. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lens signs Abdou Kader Mangane

I think this is a move in the right direction. Here we get a strong, young midfielder signed to a 5 year contract. We may have hope yet. Any word on Mahmoud Younes? We need plenty of help. By the way, anything wrong with Aubey? I haven't seen him the last two games. Lensois, do you know anything about this?

2. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    This week's episode of Futbol Mundial they are airing a segment on Guy Roux coming back to coaching at Lens. Kinda ironic I guess.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  5. samasimo

samasimo New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Uefa Cup 2nd leg
    Lens 5-1 Youngboys

All the goals HERE

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Looks like Lens are back in business !

7. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not so fast.........we are second to last in Ligue 1 after yesterday's loss to Nice. Did you see our lineup????? Terrible!!! Where is Aubey? I haven't seen him play in the last few games. Why wasn't Kalou starting yesterday? I hope Papin doesn't plan on using that squad again.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He has to use and trust players that he didnt sign. Must be hard for him.

9. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Aubey and Kalou have both been subpar according to France Football and L'Equipe, in their matches. Aubey, based on those magazines, was particularly bad in the games he started early on.

Nevertheless, and it's only my opinion, I think they should give him a shot again since athletically he could be Lens' best defender. I don't know about Kalou, though. There is nothing in what I've seen thus far nor with his PSG misadventure that would make me think he should actually start.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I picked Lens to finish very high because I thought Guy Roux would be guiding them this season but since he left early why would I expect the team to still do as well.

11. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nice way of backing out of your "prediction."

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    funny, i saw the arrival of GR as the beginning of the end, and more than just a down payment... but RCL still has some equity, and JPP more than even money chance of pulling the chestnuts out of the fire.

the good thing about all this is maybe sarko will rethink his idea of prolonging retirement age, because i'm looking forward to getting out of here in 10 years!

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont understand why Kalou left. I dont get why the new manager didnt have any use for him. He was just signed recently. Things like this dont make sense for me. He is a quality player and youre telling me Papin has no use for him ?

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Bonaventure Kalou leaving was the last straw for me because I was expecting him to have a big season. Now there is no reason for me to have much faith in this team.

15. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Another blow......KALOU gone

Yet another piece of bad news for Lens on this terrible season. We have just lost Bonaventure Kalou to Al-Jazeera. Has it gotten so bad at Lens that our players are leaving for the Arab leagues? In the meantime what is Lens doing to compensate........NOTHING! What does Papin plan to do? Start Pieroni???? What a joke. I didn't think Kalou was doing great but let's be serious he was better than anybody we will try to replace him with now, with the exception of Razak Boukari. And what about Boukari? At least start him! This season is going from bad to worse by the minute. Great job Martel!:mad:

16. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Maybe Papin wasnt impressed with Kalou's work ethic. Maybe Kalou only signed because of Roux and once he left Kalou also wanted to leave.

18. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Re: Another blow......KALOU gone

Boukari is good, no doubt, and he'll get his opportunity, I believe. There's another guy who should get some minutes, I think. Kevin Monnet-Paquet was quite impressive in the U-19s over the summer, averaging a goal a game, and almost leading them to the title. If I were JPP, I think my lineup would be a bit similar to this.

Monnet-Paquet Dindane
    Akalé Sablé Sidi Keita Carrière
    Aubey Hilton Coulibaly Bisevac
    Runje

19. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Re: Another blow......KALOU gone

Agreed, excellent lineup choice. Only, I would have to include our new impressive signing Abdou Kader Magnane and I am not very convinced about Bisevac. Also, I would like to see more of Feindouno.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    http://news.maxifoot.com/info-068096_70910/football.php

Lens: Papin thinks of Cavenaghi (10/09/2007)
    The attacker of Of Gironde of Bordeaux, Fernando Cavenaghi (23 years), would be in the sight of the RC Lens. In search of an offensive joker, the trainer Blood and Gold, Jean-Pierre Papin, would have expressed his will to recruit the Argentinian one. But hardly given from a long wound, Cavenaghi should nevertheless remain in the Gironde to try to gain its place there. (By Nicolas Lagavardan)

21. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Some things I will never understand. They give away Jemaa, who was probably our best pure striker and now they find they need a striker and want to go after an unproven, unknown. No wonder Lens is at the bottom of the table.

22. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Agreed that loaning out Jemaa was a horrible idea. Cavenaghi, though, is hardly an unknown. He was a big star in Argentina, and has been in matches in European competition. He could be rusty, but he is capable of high class performances. Being a supporter of Bordeaux, even though he hasn't played much, I don't want to see him leave if I can avoid it.

Keep in mind, though, Lens may be at the bottom of the table, though they have games in hand, so though they definitely haven't performed well, they're not mired in relegation zone either yet.

23. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Looks like we will finally see Simon Feindouno play regularly and see what he can do. I think this is going to be great for Lens.

http://rclenszone.blogspot.com/

24. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  25. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member