Rayo OKC v Indy Eleven GameDay Thread

Discussion in 'Rayo OKC' started by ManuSooner, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.rayookc.com/news/2016/04/25/rayo-okc-college-night-april-30
    Rayo OKC plays its third home match of the club’s inaugural season Saturday at 7pm against the Indy Eleven. Tickets, starting at $12, are available online at rayookc.com, or can be purchased at the Miller Stadium box office at Yukon High School (1777 S Yukon Pkwy, Yukon, OK 73099). The box office is located at Gate B (NW Corner) and will be open Monday thru Friday from 3pm – 6pm, and at noon on the day of game and closes at the end of halftime.

College students! Celebrate the end of the school year by enjoying World Class Soccer at a discounted price! Saturday’s theme is College Night; each college student that shows their respective College ID will receive a $5 ticket. Come be a part of the action and help fill up the stadium for the third straight game!

Rayo OKC returns home after winning its first ever match in a rainy matchup between expansion teams at Miami FC. Forwards Robbie Findley and Billy Forbes put the visitors ahead early in the match before seeing Miami come storming back to tie the game 2-2. Rayo OKC was able to hold on for a 3-2 victory after forward Billy Forbes was taken down in the penalty box. Midfielder Michel stepped in to put the ball past the keeper in the 86th minute.

Saturday’s game will be televised statewide on Cox HD 703, and nationally on beIN sports.

teamed and FootySkeptic repped this.
  2. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    How's the SG coming along?

3. weeatpoison

weeatpoison Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I was going to show up for this match, but car problems, and lady friend coming to town. I love footy, but I also love women.... So...

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

ManuSooner repped this.
  4. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to meeting the Indy SG tonight. I was going to say that I wish the game was tonight, but seeing as how we are slated for some possible heavy weather later today...not so much. Here's hoping for sunny and 70 tomorrow at game time!

5. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.rayookc.com/news/2016/04/29/match-preview--rayo-okc-vs-indy-eleven
    indy.png

6. weeatpoison

weeatpoison Member

Nov 19, 2008
    What is the news on the injury situation? Do we have a projected starting line up?

7. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't heard anything. I know that Velasquez and Chavez have been injured, and Samaras is still not at 100%

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

8. weeatpoison

weeatpoison Member

Nov 19, 2008
    What's going on with the match?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

9. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game. Bad result for OKC. Seemed to control the ball most of the 2nd half, but gave up the winning goal on a set piece in the 74th minute or so.
    Made worse by the fact that I lost my only car key somewhere at the stadium and nobody seems to have found it, or turned it in :mad:

10. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give Rayo credit, I think you guys will be a really solid team once Samaras and Findley get healthy that will be a pain for defenses to deal with.

ManuSooner repped this.
  11. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.rayookc.com/news/2016/04/30/rayo-okc-falls-at-home-to-indy-eleven
    Billy Recap 4-30.jpg
    Indy broke on top in the game’s seventh minute at Miller Stadium. Goalkeeper Jon Busch quickly launched a goal kick to Vukovic, who found Jair Reinoso with a lead pass over the top into the penalty area. Reinoso struck the ball off one bounce and powered his right-footed shot inside the far post and past Rayo OKC goalkeeper Daniel Fernandes.

Rayo OKC drew even in the 26th minute. Michel scored his third goal in three games when he struck a free kick and connected from about 30 yards. His left-footed shot bounced and skipped past Busch inside the near goalpost.

Nemanja Vukovic drew a foul, then scored on the tail end of the ensuing free kick as Indy Eleven came away with three points in a 2-1 victory.

Second-half substitution Georgios Samaras had a chance in the match's dying moments, but the touch off his chest ran long and was scooped up by Busch.