Ray Hudson and Thomas Rongen side by side on The Locker Room

Discussion in 'Alumni Forum' started by NicktheGreek, Jul 19, 2016.

1. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Intersting to see and hear these two sitting together commenting on all things soccer (But nothing DCU) on BeIn Sports The Locker Room Show. The cast varies but there are usually some very strong opinions to be expressed on timely subjects

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that for a second before I changed the channel the other night and smiled - I was like "look, ex-DC United coaches". I can barely take anyone with a bowtie seriously.

3. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    There's bowties like with a tux and then there's Tom's. I usually avoid fashion comments so no one will confuse me with a Goff reader. What was cool were the pictures at the beginning of the show with Tom in full kit standing with Maradonna, Cryuff and Pele after matches. Not my favorite coach but I tip my hat to his career on the pitch

4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no one better to have a frank soccer conversation with while he chain-smokes waiting for a ferry back to Va after a United game at the Soccerplex.
    Also had a great convo about younger players with him when he came over to talk to us at a United Reserve game in Columbus back in the day.

Don't offer him your last sausage at a tailgate thinking he'll politely decline. Dude can eat as much and fast as he can smoke or talk soccer :D

Winoman repped this.
  5. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    He has a Greek wife who IMHO should be doing a better job keeping him fed.;)

Winoman repped this.