Ratings vs Villa

Discussion in 'Everton' started by StickyToffee, Aug 29, 2010.

1. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Howard - 6, Could do nothing for the goal

Hibbo - 7, Solid as ever
    Jag - 3, At fault for the goal
    Distin - 5, Not as solid as he has been, still easily the best of the 2
    Baines - 2, Caught out of position so many times i think he forgot he was suppose to be left back

Pienaar - 6, Unlucky not to score with a great shot, busy as ever
    Arteta - 5, Not his fault he was forced to play so deep he was having a chat with Howard at 1 stage
    Fellaini - 6, Decent perfomance, getting back slowly
    Rodders - 4, Wasted on the right, him and afro cant play in the same team

Cahill - 4, Quiet
    Becks - 5, 1 decent run showed he has promise, the sooner the rest of the team realises he isnt Crouch the better. Play to his game and he might actually have a chance.

Subs

Saha - (minus 25) Lazy lazy french t**t
    Coleman - 5, 1 decent run
    Heitinga - 4, Didnt do much

2. hlbunton

hlbunton New Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Fellaini whiff cost them the first goal. It put Jag on an island to guard the ball and the free man running inside.

Howard 6 - He wasn't at fault for the goal. Two decent saves put one should have been put in by Albrighton.

Hibbo 6 - Solid nothing special but a stepup from Neville.

Jagielka 4 - I don't blame him that much for the goal. But he had a lucky slip. Lucky because he slipped into the ball's path, otherwise he was out of position. And he had a dreadful backpass to Distin.

Distin 4 - While he made one decent run to support an attack (to lose possession in the box) he was worked by Carew and the Villa forwards. They dribble straight at him on multiple occasions that made backpedal all the way down the pitch. I thought he made Villa look dangerous at every counter by not challenging them.

Baines 5 - Defensively he was weak but he was good pushing forward. I really think he needs more chances at the free kicks. And he needs to look to shot sometimes - he had some looks but always looked to pass.

Rodwell 5 - Completely out of position. Should have been in for Cahill or Fellaini. Moyes fault IMO. But he looked bad and got hurt.

Fellaini 5 - I thought he looked bad at first. I blame him for the goal but he got better as the game went on. They need to get him involved on more corners. I can only remember him getting in Cahill's way once.

Arteta 5 - I thought he played bad. Playing to deep. Shoudln't switch places with Fellaini. And his free kicks sucked, he kept hitting the wall. Also his corners never really connected (and there were 16 of them).

Cahill 5 - Didn't do much, didn't cost us much. He did fall down once to easily I thought close to the box losing us possession. Honestly Rodwell should being switching in with him as Moyes alluded to earlier this week.

Pienaar 6 - Made alot of runs, almost scored. Didn't cost us and help put on the pressure.

Beckford 4 - Can't recall him really pressuring the Villa defense.

Subs -

Saha 5 - Looked way more dangerous than Beckford. Almost had the stoppage time equalizer.

Coleman 7 - I love the fact he actually took on the defenders. He had one really good run into the box and had the defenders worrying about him dribbling by him. Played further back after Heitinga came in but he should be our right winger for now. Him and Hibbo could be a good partnership on the right with Pienaar and Baines on the left.

Heitinga 5 - No time to really make a difference. Don't understand why Moyes brought on a Defensive midfield while they were down a goal. Would have rather seen Bilyaletdinov. If it worked I wouldn't grip but it didn't.

3. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hibbert was the MOTM without a doubt. He seems to have upped his attacking game, probably due to the threat of Coleman, but he really stood out for me against Villa. The rest of the team bar Jags were poor.

4. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Are you saying Jags played well?:eek::eek::eek:

5. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He was average.

6. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    He was sh*t, as he has been nearly every game on his return

7. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He put in some good challenges and undoubtedly stopped us by losing by more than one.

8. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    His fault for the goal, and distin had to save him on more than 1 occasion which is becoming a habit

9. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Distin is a lot pacier, makes sense for him to sweep.