Ratings vs United

Discussion in 'Everton' started by StickyToffee, Sep 11, 2010.

1. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Howard - 7, Excellent saves just wish he could command his area

Hibbo - 6.5, Got forward well and defended well, no idea why he was taken off
    Distin - 2, Poor game, especially 2nd half
    Jag - 4, Not as bad as Distin but not great neither
    Baines - 6, Tough one as he passed for the last 2 goals but he cant defend and almost every United attack came down his flank including all 3 goals

Pienaar - 8, Easily his best game in a while and was all over the pitch today. MoM
    Arteta - 7, Excellent display and took his goal well
    Fellaini - 6, Not as effective as he can be but slowly getting back to his best
    Ossie - 1, That 1 is just for the simple 5 yd pass for the goal

Cahill - 7, Given a hard job and coped pretty well. Scored another good header

Subs

Yak - 6.5, Who would have thought it, a international striker holding up the ball and bringing others into the game (No criticism of Tim)
    Coleman - 4, Ineffective

Moyes - 2, Doing my ********ing head in at the moment, too negative to start with and even when we are 3-1 down he brings a like for like full back on and leaves 2 attacking wingers and another striker sitting on the bench, shocking decision

2. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    Howard - 8; Man of the Match for me
    Hibbo - 6
    Distin - 5
    Jag - 6
    Baines - 7

Pienaar - 7
    Arteta - 7
    Fellaini - 5; I have no idea where his best position is, and I don't think Moyes does either
    Ossie - 6

Cahill - 8; played out-of-position and still gave Vidic / Evans a torrid afternoon. Constant threat with his presence and attitude.

Subs
    Yak - 7; best performance I've seen from him in a little while. Held the ball up well,
    Coleman - 6

Moyes - 8; couldn't disagree with the original poster more. He realised Fellaini was offering nothing up front, so brought him back and pushed Arteta forward. Coleman for Hibbert was a good substitution - he's in a different class to Tony going forward. And Yakubu's cameo was just what was needed. Not to mention the starting XI. We certainly looked a lot more balanced in midfield than we have in recent weeks.

3. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    So 1 attacking sub when your 3-1 down is acceptable is it? Especially when you have 2 wingers and a striker sitting on the bench. Coleman did absolutely nothing so how was it a good sub?

4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    He made one more good cross than Hibbo all day. Hibbo did well coming forward, but when was the last time his forward runs actually led to a great scoring chance? I don't really remember, if you could tell me, that would be great actually.

Howard- 9
    Hibbo- 6.5
    Jags- 6.5
    Distin- 1
    Baines- 6- Horrible on first goal, but 2 great assists

Heitinga- 5.5
    Fellaini- 6
    Pienaar- 7.5
    Osman- 1.5
    Arteta- 7

Cahill- 7.5

Moyes- 1 shouldn't be forgiven for lack of attacking options at the start of the game and when United went 2-1 up.

5. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Made a few decent crosses yesterday, i will 1st to admit its not his greatest assest but he has got a lot better and he is rock solid at the back which is more important to me

6. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    I don't want to slag Hibbert off because I think he's pretty solid defensively, but his crossing is poor. The balls he put into the box yesterday were little more than catching practice for Van der Sar.

As for the lack of attacking subs, we were actually having the better of things from 60 mins on, so why should Moyes want to change things up completely?

7. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Sorry did you actually watch the match? At what point were we having the better of things? We were dogshit and never looked like getting back into it. As for Hibbo replacement, he give the ball away more times than Hibbo did the rest of the game and only put 1 cross in

8. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    Yep, I watched the match. And I thought we were on top for most of the game.

If your eyes deceived you, check out the stats. We had:
    * More shots off-target
    * More shots on-target
    * More corners
    * More free-kicks / less fouls
    * More possession

9. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    And most of that was the 1st 30 mins. You have proven nothing

10. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We were on top of the game for the first 10 and the last 10. Even in those periods it was frantic and we created lots of half chances giving the deception we were dominating. The stats don't show you anything, they show you the volume of opportunities created and where they ended up, but the shots on target Man Utd had were without doubt a lot more threatening than ours. I'd rather create fewer clear cut chances than more half chances.