PBP: Rapids v Sounders • Fraser Era #2 • 7 pm • Sat. Sept. 7

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, Sep 6, 2019.

1. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    Awesome. Thank you.

JasonMa repped this.
  2. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    Is it cash only if I buy them at the tailgate? Also, where would I snag them?

3. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the choice of Bubonic Plague in Commerce City or a billionaire's temper tantrum scrubbing the broadcast, deal me out. I'll watch baseball. I'll catch the Rapids score online later.

4. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

5. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    Well, that sucked.

We ended up a little late so went to the ticket booth and waited in the line for our tickets. Got through the line and went to the gate - waited there for about ten minutes which was much faster than I thought it would be.

Got to the front and out tickets wouldn’t scan so we had to go get back in the ticket line. Eventually got new tickets and headed back to the gate - where again they wouldn’t scan.

Ended up giving them away because we would have missed more than of the first half.

Went to a bar to watch it there then we remembered... ********en altitude.

we will be there Wednesday. Better believe we ar buying tickets tonight.

Andy126 and UxSxAxfooty repped this.
  6. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Went to overtime, did you make it? I bike to games too, but wasn’t rushing out.

7. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I just realized no one has posted about this game because the only people who saw it were those in attendance. This is a strange ending to a season. It’s like everyone got the plague. Wait a minute....

SccrDon, fortcollins, 22SteveD and 2 others repped this.
  8. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Well, that was entertaining. I'll conveniently ignore that the Rapids were playing mostly the 2nd string. Huge energy in the first half.

9. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I think the plague must have receded as they were doing the fireworks and the dirt parking lot was open.

Lots of folks may still be there due to the fireworks.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  10. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    I love the MLS/FIFA dates. That’s when the Rapids shine!!!!

AlbertCamus and Paranoid Coyote repped this.
  11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fortcollins, Totoro and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  12. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In an actual classy move, the Rapids had a nice moment of silence for Clark and Agogo before the game

13. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    TheWarmBurger repped this.
  14. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Yes! An absolutely amazing comeback by the Buffs in the second half after being dead in the water at the half. That was really an experience!

And despite the overtime at Folsom we only missed the first 7 minutes of so of the Rapids win. Lot more thoughts on the Rapids tomorrow once I;ve recovered from today.

15. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    #40 TheWarmBurger, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Tonight was actually a really nice game by the rapids. Take away Stefan Frei’s stellar performance (including that insane save on Mezquida’s rocket of a shot!!), and this game could’ve easily been 4-0 to the good guys.

I know Seattle trotted out their squad depth, and some USL players, but how many times have we played in situations like this, and still not looked the better?? I’m looking at you New Mexico....

The Rapids were the way better side tonight and honestly it was super refreshing to be in the drivers seat for the game.

Could we have done better? Sure. At times the players had a couple touches/decisions not be as precise as they could have, but it was an overall good effort.

We had a high line of confrontation, pretty much sucked the life out of Seattle’s forward moves, and Shinyashiki scored a brace tonight - and a banger of goal to boot on one of his strikes. Had that first minute connection gone a little better he could’ve easily had a hat trick as well. Too bad we play on Wednesday against the Gals, otherwise I’m sure he would’ve gone the full 90, and probably gotten his hat trick.

Mezquida showed some brilliance, and he is so close to being a consistent game wrecker. The dude buzzed around like a bee tonight and really thrived against their lack of defensive midfield presence.

I really like Andre. He did a really good job tonight as the center forward. His holdup and linkup play was on point tonight, I saw him multiple times directing traffic and pointing out where players should be moving/attacking to combine with him, and he looked miles ahead from a rookie. Miles ahead.

I guess the only negative I could really pull from this game would be that Lewis went down injured in the 2nd half. Going full speed on that breakaway into the box, his first touch let him down allowing Frei to close the gap. Looked like he landed funny on the dodge of Frei’s diving save, and the sideline report was a slight hamstring pull. Hopefully it’s nothing more serious than that and he can recover quickly.

SccrDon, Andy126, fortcollins and 2 others repped this.
  16. therapidsnumbernine

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Jul 16, 2019
    Nebraska
    I was told by those who watched the ESPN+ Altitude feed that the sideline reporter (forget her name) said Lewis just got a sprain and was taken off to be safe. Third hand I guess but I'm not worried at the moment.

Rod1916 and Centennial repped this.
  17. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    JasonMa and AlbertCamus repped this.
  19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #44 JasonMa, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  20. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say it two more times, I dare you!

[​IMG]

JasonMa repped this.
  21. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was traveling so I watched the replay on ESPN+ this morning. Recognizing that Seattle was depleted, the Rapids played very well. Good movement/meaningful possession and Andre was a beast. Biggest thing, I LOVE beating Seattle.

Sports Yak, AlbertCamus and Rod1916 repped this.
  22. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw the score line. I guess that's all we'll see the rest of this bizarre season.

Bodmer Line: 10/5 = 2.000 PPG (points needed to snag last playoff spot at 43 point average divided by games remaining). Slim, fat, and . . . hmmmmm, wait a minute . . .

Kroenke Line: no longer in play. (maximum points that can be earned to win the average Wooden Spoon at just over 26 points).

Hudson Line: = no longer in play. (PPG needed to become the worst team in MLS history.) The record is 16 points, still held by D.C. United (3-24-7 in 2013). All teams are over 16 points now.

Rapids: 9-14-6, with 33 points in 29 matches = 1.138 PPG, on pace for 38.7 points for the season, after completing the worst first third of a season (2 points) in MLS history.

Rapids: surrendering 1.862 goals per match (54 goals in 29 matches) on pace to surrender 63.3 goals for the season. The current MLS record is 74 goals allowed (Orlando City, 2018). The Rapids would have to surrender a highly unlikely 4.200 goals per match the rest of the season (21 goals in 5 games) to be the worst defensive team in MLS history, and that assumes FC Cincinnati doesn’t break the record.

Coaching comparison:
    Hudson: 0-7-2, 2 points, 0.181 PPG in 9 matches. 12 GF (1.333 avg), 24 GA (2.667 avg), Diff = -12
    Casey: 7-7-4, 25 points, 1.389 PPG in 18 matches. 31 GF (1.722 avg), 30 GA (1.667 avg), Diff = +1
    Fraser: 2-0-0, 6 points, 3.000 PPG in 2 matches. 4 GF (2.000 avg), 0 GA (0.000 avg), Diff = +4

Never forget: Hudson’s all-time Rapids MLS regular season record: 43 matches as head coach, 8-26-9 record, 0.767 PPG; 48 GF (1.116 avg), 87 GA (2.023 avg), -39 differential.

23. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Hudson *that bad* or likely more a bad fit/mix who forgot that this is MLS ("Right!, MLS is a lesser league..."), or is it possible Casey and now Fraser are actually quite good? Their 9-7-4 in their games is very un-Rapid like. Typical KSE to frack up the home telecasts during one of those rare Rapid's stretches of optimism and success. My observation is that the producers are all bailing on the Comcast/Direct traditional cable providers ("every station") in favor of their own network over that interweb thing. So we'll either PPV to CBS, Paramount, Altitude, etc. or sign up as a subscriber. We'll see.........

R

p.s. Thanks for always updating the stats FortCollins

24. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Rapids get one more win (or 3 draws) over the last 5 games Casey and Fraser will have combined for more points managing the Rapids in 25 games than Hudson got in 43.

25. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if Hudson could play a 68 game schedule for a season (all other teams 34 games), he *might* qualify for the playoffs?

AlbertCamus repped this.