News: Rapids sign Stefan Aigner

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Jul 26, 2017.

1. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    American's suffer the same perspective issues. Learning to fire Jurgen Klinnsman was a huge step for us.

kucsdat and Centennial repped this.
  2. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Fairly accurate description. Although they weren't saying he us a wimp, more that we are a hacker league.

I have asked every cab driver, 3 for 3 said 1860 with disdain. And apparently lowenbrau sponsored them to no avail. The team just took the money and ran.

Cab drivers always have great inaights!

jayd8888 and Centennial repped this.
  3. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    We ran across the 1860 team store in Munich today. Bought a couple of shirts to support Aigner and will wear the to the next home game (Yes, we will actually show up to it).

Everyone there (and at this weird Austria festival we happened across) thinks he is r

jayd8888 repped this.
  4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll believe that when I see it... (I may not be at the next home game, haven't decided if I'd rather watch Washington yet or not)

Rod1916 repped this.
  5. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Eclipse glasses. I'll be there.

Totoro repped this.
  6. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Obligatory:

7. rapidogordo

rapidogordo Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids

Crazy-I was just at that same 1860 team store in Munich by the Marienplatz about two weeks ago, but got cold feet before picking up a jersey-in retrospect I should've just bought it.

Crazy to think that they still have those teams stores considering 1860 Munich is now a fourth tier team!

Rod1916 repped this.
  8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but so was Rangers recently :D

9. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Rapids still have a store as well ...

10. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I was the typical American A-hole and asked the direct question about the team. They said the team was still in existence and that things were looking good.

Frankly, I thought it reminded me VERY much of how the RFO would answer something. Everyone not associated with the team (8 taxi drivers so far, plus a few friendly people along the way) have all said 1860 was a sh*t-show (my words). But somehow the "official" representative I asked was making it very positive and pretty much ignoring what I was hearing on the street.

(BTW, apparently my phone died before the entire previous posting happened. Just about everyone here said Aigner is one of the best. They expect him to do great things in our "junior" league. Really, it reminds me of Doyle and how he represents MLS into Ireland. Aigner could be similar with this part of Germany.)

jayd8888 and rapidogordo repped this.
  11. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    HEY, SINCE YOU GUYS ARE LIKE SEMI PRO NOW, SHOULDN'T ALL THIS STUFF BE HALF PRICE??

jayd8888, rapidogordo and Rod1916 repped this.
  12. wormhole

wormhole Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Westminster, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Said all of us to the Rapids after they raised ticket prices again.

COMtnGuy, jayd8888, 22SteveD and 2 others repped this.