PBP: Rapids @ Red Bulls • Fraser Era #1 • 5 pm

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, Aug 31, 2019.

1. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  2. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting lineup. Remembering early last season when Hudson kept trotting out Wilson and Smith with Wynne in a 3 back set and we kept getting roasted. Rosenberry is a lot lot better than Wynne but Wilson and Smith together still scares me.

Will be interesting to see how Price plays. If he gets forward we're exposed in the back. If he doesn't get forward we'll struggle to keep possession in the attacking part of the field.

A very high-risk lineup but it's not like Fraser had great options.

fortcollins repped this.
  3. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    ......it’s a 3-5-2. I’m having terrible Hudson based flashbacks already. In his first game!

22SteveD, fortcollins, jrowe13 and 3 others repped this.
  4. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Yes, his hands are tied a bit on this one. No Kamara, Abubakar or Acosta tonight. The back three are about as good as he can do with the personnel available.

Anderson could be a key in the attack from the wingback role. The match where he scored and got a red card in the first half he was playing a similar role.

JasonMa, Dom. FC and Totoro repped this.
  5. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Yeah, but Hudson ruined every formation.

I like that Bassett is getting in; I'm ok with Fraser taking time to learn the players and taking some chances on the young guys.

As much as I argue in the other thread that Fraser is an unimpressive hire, I hope people are patient with him. This season's done, but he can get guys experience, and learn what the existing players can do.

fortcollins, Andy126 and JasonMa repped this.
  6. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Yes - it will be interesting to see how much the players in front of the back three dedicate themselves to screening for the backline. That's gonna be one key.

Having seen what wingbacks can do in the attack in the 3-5-2 when Chelsea used in in the brief Conte the prospect is intriguing, but most likely in the short run it will be hit and miss.

7. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me, the rest of the season is a game of "Keep or Dump".

Rod1916, fortcollins, Andy126 and 2 others repped this.
  8. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd much rather see Opare out there then either Wilson or Rosenberry playing out of position. Don't know how good Opare is - haven't seen him play enough - but afraid of this back 3.

9. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    This.

Big smile getting off the bus -- hope he is still smiling in a couple hours. And the Altitude pre-match was broadcast but now DirecTv locked up w/ cheesy 'lobby for us' message.

SccrDon repped this.
  10. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    That's a fun way to start your Rapids career.

fortcollins repped this.
  11. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Altitude on DirecTV tonight :mad::mad::mad: . Was hoping the blackout didn't start until tomorrow.

And it's still blacked out on ESPN+.

I'm filled with hatred over these rich bastards cutting our service because they're fighting over $$$$

jrowe13 and Andy126 repped this.
  12. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Yep, Fraser will get a some time in training and in matches to see who fits and who doesn't with his philosophy and tactics.

13. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's go 'Pids!

Centennial repped this.
  14. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Still in Comcast until tomorrow so gonna enjoy(hopefully) the final game of 2019

Totoro repped this.
  15. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    We could use a player like BRP

16. SUNDROP

SUNDROP Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Grand Junction,CO USA
    So DirectTV and Dish are now gone, and ESPN+ is still blacking us out? That's just terrific. So without Comcast, will there be anyone left who can see Altitude? Maybe we can have somebody read the plays on tickertape and recreate with sound effects (like in baseball in the olden days).

17. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    IMG_9246.JPG Fraser’s first game has been riveting.

Full on, F you KSE.

18. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy crap Lewis!

JasonMa repped this.
  19. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    LivesoccerTV had it at 0 - 0 @ 9th minute so 1/10th of the way to a road point in his debut. Not going to follow the whole match that way though.

Will try to record/watch a replay on MSG but at present thanks to AT&T/DirecTV greed I've lost my favorite European Club and beIN Sports a while ago and now my long term domestic league team -- oh and rates keep going up & customer service is designed to make you never call again with their automated phone system etc. etc.

SccrDon repped this.
  20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone in the starting XI other than Howard is under 30 years old.

21. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    What’s a GREAT way to kill interest within an already struggling fan base for a perennially mediocre franchise?

I know! Hire a new coach (again) and make it so they aren’t able to view games in the home town market because the owner is a historically cheap pr!ck

22. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    LiveSoccerTV update, 22nd min. Fraser now on track to average 3 points/match.

Centennial, Andy126 and JasonMa repped this.
  23. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    The most successful coach in MLS history!!!!!

24. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Fleming, but he's got to let the VAR rules go. They are what they are, I don't need to hear about how various fouls should be reviewed but can't be every game.

22SteveD, fortcollins and Centennial repped this.
  25. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the NYRB broadcast on ESPN+. Shep Messing and another guy. Surprisingly balanced perspective

Paranoid Coyote, Andy126 and JasonMa repped this.