Ranieri Romano

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Mar 8, 2019.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah and then he went to Inter the next season. Moratti fired Gasperini after losing to Novara. He couldn’t understand why Inter hired him in the first place. Moratti supposedly never had a “feeling” for him. Whatever that meant......

2. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There is only a small handful of top teams and when jobs come up for them they search far and wide with a whole host of managers hoping they got the job. Gasperini's football is fantastic and it doesnt matter if its at Genoa, Palermo or a club as good as Juve. You give the man time and space to do his work and he will put out a very good footballing side. Any real success at Roma until a stadium is built would be a functioning team that does very well in the cups and at least get back to being somewhere around keeping pace with Juve again. He can deliver that much and imo more with extra resources and time.

This is not an immature coach, go read what past players thought of him. His detail and understanding for the game is exceptional and it comes with experience, years beyond a young coach like EDF.

But hey, no surprise you're bringing the negativity, its your shtick.

Midfield General and L'immortale repped this.
  4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well it’s all opinion till he actually takes over a team of actual size with greater ambition than just salvezza.

I never said he was a bad coach I said he was a small team coach. Till he proves otherwise that’s what he is. He hasn’t coached a side like Roma or Napoli to a respectable finish hell there were question marks around Sarri till Napoli finally got his system down.

5. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    whill4 and Oban14 repped this.
  6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Will Claudio Ranieri retire after his final stint at Roma?

7. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I think there will be big demand for him if he takes Roma to CL.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah maybe but maybe in England , France or Spain. I don't see him continuing in Italy. He wouldn’t go to Juventus, Inter or Milan and Napoli is going to stay with Ancellotti for now. I doubt he would ever go to Lazio or Atalanta. I could see him at Sampdoria but that would be a step down…

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    At this point in his career I don’t think he cares about something being a “step down”.

wm72 repped this.
  10. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depending how how this team plays from here on out, regardless of CL, I'd be ok with Ranieri for another year if Conte doesn't come. If he can keep them playing anything like they did last week he'll have earned it.

11. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ranieri starting next year as manager would be a colossal blunder by management.

ErPupone and Haakon24 repped this.
  12. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why, because top managers are banging down our door to coach here?

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Doesn't it always come back to the quality of players as opposed to the manager?

Even Fabio Capello brought in Walter Samuel to bolster the defense, and Gabriel Batistuta to score goals. Roma probably wouldn't have won the scudetto without those two....

14. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  15. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  16. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  17. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

18. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Austini poured a lot of cold water on the Petrachi-Conti situation, saying its a low probability. He also said that there will be no point of bringing in Petrachi if Conti doesn’t arrive, as Masarra has a better program for the summer.

He also said that plan B is Sarri and Plan C is Ranieri.

19. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I’m biased, I want to see Pastore as the main protagonist at Roma for at least one year, and the only way that happens is with Ranieri. Both Conte and Sarri will can him as soon as they arrive.

That said, if Ranieri wins the last 5 games of the season with strong performances and the players are behind him, I don’t think we can fault the management for sticking with him for a year, as opposed to hiring a Giampaolo.

20. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also think Ranieri would be much more open to a one year contract.

Conte is always a long shot for Roma. Even if we can meet his wage demands we'll never be able to splash money in the market or have a wage bill high enough to make him happy.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like Ranieri as a manager and he is a Romano and Romanista but even if he wins the rest of his games, I don't foresee Roma staying with him. I do see him taking time off and waiting in the wings though until next year to take over a bigger club after the season begins.

Probably not in Italy but somewhere in Europe.

upload_2019-5-1_9-25-10.png

22. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  23. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Conte chooses Milan over us, I will be really disappointed. It'll really feel like a slap in the face.

24. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Biafora says at the moment Roma and Juventus are frontrunners, Inter behind them, and Milan way behind.

25. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It still baffles me that Juve would take him back. I'd think they would go after a coach with a better CL track record.