Rangers 2011/2012 thread

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Pedro's greasy do, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Sorry but I cannot take anything with that guy in it as balanced. I've been in his company many times and he is a first class prick.

Plus it's been a long time since the BBC actually reported news. I'll wait to see what comes out of the investigations.

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18941515

The SPL are now saying the SFL won't get their annual 2 million from the SPL, as they agreed on when they broke away in 1999, unless the SFL gives the Rangers TV rights in the 3rd division to the SPL.

The SPL can go take a f#@$@$! flying leap for all I care. They f-ed up and when the SFL didn't do their bidding they realized they were screwed. The SPL agreed to the 2 million, they have to stand by it, not extort the TV rights from the SFL.

3. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    The purpose is to look like they're punishing Rangers without really punishing them. Rangers can clearly afford to sign every player they need to win the 3rd and 2nd divisions within the next 6 weeks.

Skippysasquirrel repped this.
  4. GatewayRSC

GatewayRSC Member

Dec 17, 2009
    St Louis
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.... talk about integrity.

5. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    The SFA (well Stuart Regan) has acted shambolically through this whole thing. He's got to go.

GatewayRSC and stltim repped this.
  6. GatewayRSC

GatewayRSC Member

Dec 17, 2009
    St Louis
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm leaning more and more towards tearing the whole thing down and starting over again.

7. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. alexburchiESPNtv

alexburchiESPNtv New Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Rapid Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Omg, sorry for your team.. I think Glasgow Rangers was a team who can qualify in Uefa Champions League. That team have much good performances, i;m sorry for relegation in third division.. but i think 'dat team will promote every year.

IvanIV repped this.
  9. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    They weren't relegated. They went bust and started again at the bottom.

10. Shamrock Rovers

Oct 4, 2007
    Lima, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As well they should because they are a new football team and company.

11. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I actually find this argument laughable. Do you really mean this or are you looking at it from a technical point of view?

12. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Technically, they are a new club. That is why they've started in the 3rd division. The fact that they're effectively the continuation of the old club doesn't really change that.

13. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Still Rangers though. I never hear it about Leeds. Seems petty and pathetic to me.

14. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably because while Leeds did go into administration, it was never liquidated like Rangers were...

15. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    My mistake. I thought they were. Anyway it does not change the fact there is a lot of pathetic bitter twisted people out there who've been wanking so furiously over this situation there's cocks have probably burst into flames on many occasions.

16. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The Olympics is not really Spains thing is it?

17. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    As Yoshou says, Leeds never went bust. Airdrie went bust and effectively reappeared as Airdrie Utd. They've been taking shit about not being the old Airdrieonians for a decade now. So get over your 'This would only happen to Rangers' pish. This sort of thing is part of the reason why so many football fans have had so much fun watching Rangers troubles.

It's hardly bitter and pathetic to point out something that's actually true. So many Rangers fans (and others) seem unable or unwilling to actually admit what happened and that The Rangers were never relegated because they were never in the SPL.

18. Shamrock Rovers

Oct 4, 2007
    Lima, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just rules, not from the fans perspective is all. It's a horrible thing to happen to Scottish football and to the Rangers fans, but the rules are the rules, it is awful though.

19. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Not really.

RitztotheRubble repped this.
  20. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    It's not just the this only happens to Rangers thing. It's the venom from people over it that makes me think they have some issues. Maybe no girlfriend? Never really got why people obsess over other teams instead of supporting there own.

The last game I was at was a Rangers – St Mirren game and I sat in with my mate with the St Mirren fans. Disgusting behaviour from all of them. They were not even interested in watching the game. The sheer hatred was an eye opener though. These people clearly have issues.

21. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Football fans indulge in a bit of schadenfreude that, at times, goes a bit over the top? Next you'll be complaining about the Sun rising in the east and setting in the west.

A lot of people see going to the football and footballing rivalry as a chance to let of a bit of steam that they don't usually do in their everyday lives. The whole 'they hate my team more than they support their own' and 'they've got issues' arguments can be found perennially from a host of fans, the common denominator is usually that they cannae take a slagging.

Pedro's greasy do repped this.
  22. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    I think its the cheating for over a decade. The head in the sand Scottish media ...the P%ssing and moaning from your fellow Orc's( there kickin us win wrrr dooonn)..and that clown Murray's arrogants... but you dress it up however you like...My view the chickens came home to roost...and Scotland and Scottish football is better for it

23. CTREVS

CTREVS Member

New England Revolution
    Apr 18, 2002
    Hamden
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moral superiority and indignation your having a laugh. Two Words Jim Torbett.

24. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well, today was the first day of SPL without Rangers. While I have no comparative stats...it would seem crowds were down a bit. Celtic raised the Championship flag in front of me and 48k....Hearts opened at home in front of 13k....no other crowd was even close to 10k......2 were under 5k (Ross county and st mirren home matches) and that match in Paisley was attended by less than a certain Ramsden's cup first round tie last week in Brechin!

25. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Well, yes, The Rangers have more fans than every SPL team bar Celtic.

RC obviously weren't in the league last year but from what I can see, Kilmarnock's crowd was significantly higher than their average last year and all the others were slightly below. I don't think it's a significant drop.