Rangers 2011/2012 thread

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Pedro's greasy do, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    So we have a new owner and a new manager. Things seem pretty good but I can't say I am excited about being linked with Conway and Goodwillie. Also it looks like we might lose out to Spanish clubs for Hemed. I can't say I know much about any of these guys to be honest.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...onway-but-faces-fight-to-sign-hemed-1.1106973

Finally I keep hearing a story about Keith Jackson being banned from Ibrox? Anyone got any details?

2. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    You've got to love the summer press. Things change on a daily basis.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...improved-deal-as-hemed-move-revived-1.1107170

Looks like we have a tough opening game to the season as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13806318.stm

Finally not just Rangers related but the whole of Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-13796044

All good and all that. But would they not be better off trying to stamp out knife crime or something. Or seeing the problem is not just football related?

I guy from Oz I work with showed me this. Now it is over the top but is that what people around the world think of Glasgow?

http://www.smh.com.au/world/fear-and-loathing-in-the-city-of-rage-20110610-1fwxq.html

Not really what I think of to be honest. But it shocks me when I see articles like this.

3. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  4. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  5. chillum

chillum Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Glasgow
    Craig Conway chooses Cardiff City over Rangers
    BBC Scotland by Jim Spence

According to the article, no offer was made to Ayr's ex player but whethere that was due to insufficient interest and / or excessive wage demands (from Ranger's point of view) is unknown.

6. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  7. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  8. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  9. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
  10. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Same story as the Hearts game. We were poor in the first half and much improved in the second half. McCoist has not changed much yet from the way Smith had us playing but we simply look a bit rusty at the moment. Hopefully it will come good over the next couple of games. 2 or 3 new signings would not go amiss as well. Also I'd like to see Wylde getting more of a game.

11. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  12. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  13. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009
    McAvennie must have realised the boy is not the sharpest tool in the box and taken advantage of that. Don't know why any Rangers player would want him as an agent.

14. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  15. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  16. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    Yep, if we cannae take care of this mob then I fear for us. Then again, I said the same about Malmo and Kaunas.

17. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Is it time to start the 'we are ALL Ally McCoist' movement yet?

18. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    What a great weekend of football! :)

19. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9p5NPs_6k4&feature=player_embedded#"]Scottish Premier League vs MLS; Najar Called Up by Honduras - YouTube[/ame]!

20. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  21. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
  22. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Well that feels like an all time low for not just Rangers but Scottish football as a whole.

23. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Que?

A significant number of Scottish football fans (probably the majority of non OF) have long since stopped believing the OF actually represent Scottish football, or wanting them to.

The OF get knocked out by some diddies in the preliminaries, they get to the groups and get knocked out by some less diddy teams or, once in a blue moon, they qualify from the groups and get put out by a good team. What difference does any of this make to Scottish football? The OF are still the top 2, the rest still can't compete at a decent European level.

It's shaping up to be a great, competitive season in the SFL and we've got some games, coming up at Hampden, which actually might make s difference to football in this country to look forward to soon.

24. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Celtic and Hearts went out as well. Not a good night for Scottish football at all.

25. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Well Celtic would be included in the OF.

For Hearts to have beaten Spurs would have been a mammoth task. I watched their game and thought they played very well, got a credible result and, took a fantastic crowd with them and had a few young players in the team who gave a good account of themselves. It seemed to go a long way to make up for the embarrassment at Tynecastle. An encouraging night for Hearts, I'd say.

Last night was a bad night for the OF. At worst, Scottish football remains unaffected.