Random Thoughts on Video Games

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Ringo, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm at about CP60 now so, yeah... that sounds good. I'll try and hook up in game if I can figure it out :)

2. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Respawn's (Titanfall and Apex Legends developer) Star Wars Single Player game set to be released in November. I am very cautious because all EA Star Wars games so far have sucked but Titanfall 2 was a very good game.

So maybe something to look tentatively forward to.

3. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
  4. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My god, I visited the recent Star Citizen alpha update and I cannot believe how much time and effort they spent on features that are not fun in a quest for realism and seamless travel.

Am I glad I only pledged 30€ on Kickstarter all these years ago.

5. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Currently playing Dishonored 2. An absolutely fantastic game! Don't know why the critical receptions seems to have been not that great at launch. Really enjoying this, at least as much as the first game.

6. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just finished Ori and the Blind Forest. An absolutely amazing platforming game. No wonder it received so much praise and is getting a sequel. Not quite as amazing as Hollow Knight but still extraordinarily good.

Can't wait to get my hands on the 2nd game.

7. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Took a break from Rocket League over the weekend and got back into playing Red Dead Redemption 2. May have done one or 2 main story items, the rest of the time was spent fishing, hunting and helping out random strangers. I forgot how much fun can be had in this game.

NORML repped this.
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Binghamton, NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played, and finished, My Friend Pedro this weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, its mechanics and visuals. It was a fun side scrolling shooter.

9. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My nephew strongly recommende me the recent Marvel Spiderman game for ps4. So I went out and bought it and gave up before the end if the opening level. The controls are just terribly unintuitive to me and for some reason you can't remap them the buttons. It's a terrible experience.

I'm just too old and cranky for this. :cry:

Played God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn from his list of console recommendations before and enjoyed them a lot but this one is not for me. :(