Random Thoughts on Video Games

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Ringo, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Original Sin 2 takes place centuries after the first game, so you don't need to know any of the story of the first one to make sense of this one.

Bazi repped this.
  2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Battlefront 2 beta is now open to all on PC/PS4/Xbox.

3. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't even know how to fit that in between all those great recent releases. Probably will miss out on it.

Cuphead, Ruiner and Hob are all three still unfinished on my PC and deserve to be completed.

NORML repped this.
  4. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat with other games I could be playing but I can't say no to playing a few rounds of the next Star Wars game.

5. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Already acquired BF2 this morning so it should be downloaded and installed by the time I get home ... won't have time to play tonight, however.

I'm really torn between BF2 and AC:Origins. Not that I NEED a new game, per se, but they both excite me.

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bf2 any good? Much different from the first one?

7. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2907 NORML, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Flying feels different, instead of picking up vehicles or characters on the battlefield you now accumulate points to then unlock them, there is a class system now. There may be other things but I didn't play all that much, knew it was a get for me so just wanted to see the pretty Star Wars stuff and play as a Trade Federation droid.

Not sure if I like the idea of unlocking vehicles and hero's through a point system, gonna mean a whole bunch of people won't get to use or play as them. Maybe squads were turned off for the beta but it seemed like the traditional Battlefield squad system wasn't in the game. Fighting above Scarif looked infinitely better in this one compared to Battlefront 1. The teaser for the campaign has me stoked. Menu is full of tiny Star Wars goodies. They make a huge deal about how there is like three times more content in this Battlefront compared to the previous one, with most of it not solely being the campaign.

thebigman repped this.
  8. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Downloaded the demo and played for 5-10 minutes yesterday. Not digging it too much.

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Got my D:OS2 party leveled up to 15. Still on the Driftwood portion of the game.
    Have turned the Red Prince into my closer combining flight and executioner.

10. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have completed the game. I remember telling you about Divinity Original Sin 1 in this thread years ago when we were talking about Dragon Age Inquisition. This is a fantastic game. I think one of the best RPGs ever. Absolutely brilliant game and hats off to Larian Studios for making it.

The starting armour is not great but if you have a character with good Lucky Charm you can get usually Epic or Legendary armour quite regulary even on Fort Joy. Every hour and every time you level up, vendors should restock their inventories so that is how you will get armour you want. There is a finite amount of containers you can loot and they never replenish so you have to use vendors.

Belgian guy repped this.
  11. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Still on Driftwood, but I feel like I'm just mopping up a few side-quests at this point. I have progressed far enough that I could take the Lady Vengeance to the next section of the game. I'm pretty sure I won't finish all of the remaining Driftwood quests, but there are a few I still want to do.

How many hours did it take you to finish the game?

12. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It took me 80 hours to complete the game but that is to do everything in the game including every side quest. I was playing on Tactician difficulty though. I think it will be quicker if the difficulty is lower.

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I'm playing in classic mode.

I think I'm now a little over 30 hours.
    But yeah, I'm not doing all of the sidequests.

I might replay it later on with an original character. Right now I am playing as Sebille.

14. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I played as an original character because the original character special ability is extremely powerful. Dome of Protection makes you regenerate Magic and Physical armour so you can not be crowd controlled. The special character you can just play with as well by just recruiting them into your party so I think you do not miss anything if you are an original charatcer.

Belgian guy repped this.
  15. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So Star Citizen Squadron 42 (the single player campaign) has now officially been delayed to 2018. Original release date was 2014.

16. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I beat the first Island of Cuphead I am gonna declare victory.

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    New cod beta is getting panned

Looks shit tbh

18. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there another COD beta? I thought those were released in Aug. and Sept.

19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw something on YouTube

20. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is truly amazing, is when you go to their funding page they're still getting $1-2.5 million dollars each month in funding from backers.

Who in the world is still backing this? I really would like them to succeed, since this game is right up my alley, but come on!

21. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

It mainly shows us how massive of a market was abandoned by AAA publishers. I still hate Microsoft for closing down the studio that made Freelancer months after the game's release.

After more than a decade it still remains in the top 3 of my all-time favourite PC games.

22. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never completely understood this phenomenon in the gaming industry. Buying up developers only to shut them down shortly thereafter. Did they change their mind about the company? Did they just want the trademarks? Eliminating competition? EA is the worst of the offenders. It was just announced they're shutting down Visceral.

23. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Official explanation was that they needed to pool all available resources to the console development.

At the time Microsoft was going all-in on the original Xbox and basically abandoned PC gaming for almost a decade.

24. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I said it would happen and it did happen. EA has closed Visceral and moved developement of the Star Wars action game to EA Vancouver.

25. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was really really really looking forward to an Amy Hennig Star Wars single player game. Why EA Vancouver, isn't that studio's main focus FIFA and NHL?

Bazi repped this.