RailHawks media coverage

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by timcandon, Apr 9, 2009.

1. timcandon

timcandon New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Not to toot my own , but I feel I can safely say that no one in the Triangle media covered the Carolina RailHawks during their first two seasons like I did while I was the sports editor at The Cary News.

This season, I plan to go even deeper with that coverage, though in an unconventional way.

A couple weeks ago, I sat down with Dean Linke and he offered me a unique position with club. More or less, I am going to be the team’s beat writer, though not in the traditional sense since the club is actually going to pay me for my services. I am going to write player profiles, match previews and match reports for CarolinaRailHawks.com, but I will also do much more.

I have set up a blog – RailHawks Report – that I will update daily with various musings on the team, USL First Division and soccer in general. I expect the site to become the home to the notebooks pieces I put together during my time at The Cary News, like this one and this one.

I will use Twitter throughout the season, too. I will provide in-game updates and will provide Tweets throughout the week when necessary. Join the RailHawks Twitter group by clicking here.

We will also use our Facebook Page and Facebook Group as a means to get information directly to you.

Lastly, I intend to produce a weekly podcast with various RailHawks. I hope to sit down with Martin Rennie on Friday and have it posted on the team web site by the end of the day. But there are still some logistics to iron out. If we don’t get it done this week, certainly we will next.

So bookmark all those pages and check back frequently. If you have any feedback, e-mail me at tim@carolinarailhawks.com.

2. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great news - the more RailHawks coverage, the better... I can't wait to read all the extra coverage.

Are you planning on writing any op-ed blog entries? News and injury reports are great, don't get me wrong... I was just wondering if actually being on the payroll will prevent you from really giving any opinions of your own on the team's play, etc. I totally understand the RailHawks aren't paying somebody to bad-mouth them, which isn't what I'm suggesting at all - more like, what you think might work, what isn't working, that type of thing.

3. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very cool

4. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member