RailHawks 2012 roster speculation

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by SoccerPrime, Nov 7, 2011.

1. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way Akira starts ahead of Burse.

2. SoccerDawgs911

SoccerDawgs911 BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 18, 2010
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zach Schilawski got some playing time today against the Battery? Anyone get a look at him? Got a tweet that he had a good shot on goal.

3. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posted this in the other thread, should have been here.

Several new players were in camp on Thursday and again on Saturday. Zach Schilawski and Austin da Luz, most notably to me. Austin played the balance of the Charleston game and Zach came on in the second half. Da Luz saw time against Wilmington late in the second half, Schilawski did not play.

I think there's a pretty good chance both end up on the roster. With the Omar Salgado loan rumor fading out as Vancouver has had a few key injuries, with Gale now available all season instead of jetting off to the Olympics this summer, and what I'm hearing were a couple of cuts on Thursday after the game, there seems to all of sudden be a couple of roster slots up in the air.

Wouldn't be surprised to see both of them in Orange on opening day.

4. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What cuts did you hear about?

5. CRHFC

CRHFC New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Former NYRB Sacir Hot also in camp. Could be one reason for the rumored Cory Miller cut.

6. treefire

treefire Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Lillehammer
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://carolinarailhawks.com/index.php?id=111&newsid=1972

Article about roster moves on team page confirms Krause, Stockley, da Luz in, Miller out.

Not sure I'll be able to stay up and watch the game this weekend. Pretty curious about how things will work out with the new team. Best of luck to them. I hope you all have a good time watching. Man I miss going to Wake Med.

7. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And WakeMed misses having you and Kristin there

8. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry as I am unfamiliar with the Railhawks but do any of you know why 'Boss isn't getting any minutes? Isn't an injury, fitness or something else entirely?

9. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toe injury.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  10. SoccerDawgs911

Mar 18, 2010
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great! I watched Zack play his college ball and have always been impressed with his work ethic and technical ability. We are lucky to get him and I am glad to see him play again at Wake Med. Last time he was here he scored against the RailHawks after being signed by the New England Revolution.

11. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Another defender should hopefully make a bit of a difference, especially as we've been watching Elenio play fullback when his normal position is mid. (Not that he is doing shabby in back, mind.)

12. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Former Railhawk Floyd Franks was let go from the Vancouver Whitecaps MLS team this week. Wonder if he will come back to Cary and if they could fit him in.

13. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Fun fact. As best as I can tell, there have only been two legacies in MLS history, and both play for Sporting Kansas City. In fact they briefly were on the field together earlier this season. Teal Bunbury's father Alex played for the Wizards in 2000, and Konrad Warzycha's father is former Crew player and current head coach Robert.

Warzycha missed his entire rookie season (2011) with an injury. His deal with the RailHawks also specifies that he will be available for Sporting's Reserves last two games (September 11th and 25th).

My guess is that the loan is predicated on the condition that Konrad gets playing time.

15. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Konrad has returned to KC and isn't coming back.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://carolinarailhawks.com/index.php?id=111&newsid=3555

17. SoccerDawgs911

Mar 18, 2010
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great to have so many starters signed already. Need some quality defenders. I hope Kupono Low will return-he is consistently solid. Any work to Etienne Barbara since release from Vancouver?

18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Young American defender Gale Agbossoumonde has seen his fledgling career take a variety of winding twists and turns, taking him from Europe to the NASL, with a U.S. National Team cap earned along the way.
    What Agbossoumonde has been unable to find as a pro is stability. That might be about to change.
    Agbossoumonde has signed a contract with Major League Soccer and will be placed in a special lottery to determine which team he winds up being placed with, sources have confirmed to SBI on Thursday.
    The lottery will take place today, with Toronto FC, the LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders and FC Dallas, among the teams in line to try and land the former U.S. Under-20 national team centerback. Toronto FC has the highest odds in the weighted lottery of landing the young defender.
    (UPDATED- Sources indicae that Toronto FC has won the lottery for Agbossoumonde.)
    The signing ends a lengthy saga that saw MLS try to sign Agbossoumonde earlier in the year only to have him pass on an offer. The move to MLS also signifies that he has finally severed ties with Traffic Sports, which held his rights since he turned pro.
    Agbossoumonde, 21, most recently played for the Carolina Railhawks. He spent two years under contract with Portuguese side Estoril Praia, which sent him on loans to Swedish side Djurgarden and German side Eintracht Frankfurt. Prior to that, Agbossoumonde spent time with Portuguese side Sporting Braga.

19. SoccerDawgs911

Mar 18, 2010
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ceezmad repped this.
  20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    We should probably start new threads for 2013.

21. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would agree and in fact it would be really nice if all of the teams playing in 2013 in both USL Pro and the NASL had their own dedicated thread. Harrisburg comes immediately to my mind.

22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good thing the Railhawks, like many clubs, have not only their own dedicated threads but forums as well. As a side bonus, Carolina even has their own local mod.

Oh and almost every poster is welcome to take initiative and create their own new thread.

teucer repped this.
  23. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Austin da Luz‏@austindaluz1h
    raleigh bound. [​IMG]orlando. it's been real.