Rafael Santos Borré - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Tio Nicci, Mar 23, 2015.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #601 HomietheClown, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    You have no right to tell me what I can or cannot do. But at least be accurate.
    I am not combining anything. If it were up to me I would have the team playing differently and would have called up different players.
    I am making observations about his roster based on logic, how he applies his philosophy / uses players and what he has done in the past.
    You are going off what rumors say about Argentina based players.

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    wtf?

pfff nobody is restricting you from a right...........i think it is just naive to think that one's desire is the same thing that queiroz thinks. in the end many will be disappointed in their decisions, im sure.

I'm not left with the rumors of Argentina as an absolute source, but I see more sense on it, than a coach with 30 years of experience discarded players regarding missing sitters as do the journalists of the chirniguito or fans in bars.

in the other side 3 games as performance, when players must adapt in the same period of their trips is not credible....when the only measure of performance isnt score goals or not.

I know that you have an opinion of a player, but that is not the same as a technician necessarily so you wish. and I am entitled to say so

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I never suggested that my desires are the same thing. That is nonsense you are making up.

I never said anything about missing sitters.

The other players like (Muriel and Roger) play different positions than the one pertaining to this thread. They have been used tactically and talked about in different manners in press conferences so standards can be much different.

I know that I have opinions of many players as do you. No one is claiming that my opinions are the same as the technician except you so it is irrelevant.

4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Borre with the goal! JFQ on the field today as well. All is good!

HomietheClown repped this.
  5. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    CQ has no used any other formation with Colombia other then a 4-3-3, when he coached Iran he mostly used a similar formation (a little more defensive with 2 wingers) and almost always used one striker with two players who could play wide. With Duvan being hugely in form he benched him in order to play Falcao, when Duvan played well he still wouldn't play Duvan and Falcao and sat Duvan instead. I think if CQ didn't play 2 forwards to try and play Duvan and Falcao I think its unlikely we see Borre push his hand to do it. I think he's competing as a lone striker and I think Roger/Duvan and possible Muriel are still ahead of him there and Roger and Muriel can also play wide. If Falcao is back in the mix I think for now he's likely going to be considered ahead of him. I think Borre still has time and I think as he progresses he'll probably get better as a #9 and will hopefully get opportunities, it may take Falcao being completely out of the picture first though.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We like classic 9s as duvan (strong and physics).....im not entirely sure queiroz have the same idea...the logic is that duvan should be the starter, but what ive seen from cq inst completely confident with duvan....his lack of confidence in copa america and how uncofortable he was aginst brasil tell me things....i wouldnt be surprise if muriel or roger started to be our 9 because of their constant activity with midcamp

If falcao as prefered in copa was beyond his experience...it was related with his movements and how he understand with the midcamp despite wasnt the most dangerous...

A lot of decisions queiroz like removing 10, benching ofensive right backs like arias, using the technique of a winger as cmf...give me the sensation that he doesnt want a dangerous team but a very technical team that doesnt rely in the physical aspect individual of a player ...that is the key of duvan.

Another recent lie of queiroz: always have to be in good moment to be called up...cases: ospina, stefan, roger. .

7. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    It would be a mistake to not dedicate the spot to Duvan, Duvan is technically very good even though he has the elements of a traditional #9. He is able to drop deep and link up play, defend from the front or drift wide, he knows how to open up space and create for others. Nobody else we have does that anywhere near as well, he's physical and athletic yes but if you look past that what has set him apart is his technical abilities and passing. Roger and Muriel are good, but I can't really think of anything they offer over Duvan in that position that would warrant a switch. Duvan is the best at hold up play, better in the air, a better finisher a better passer. Roger and Muriel maybe dribble better then he does, and Muriel might defend and press a little better from the front but I think CQ's idea is to play 2 of those 3 at all times and I think it really creates a good balance with 2/3 with Diaz or James or all 3 as well. Hopefully Borre keeps progressing and he could be a different look in the 9 spot as a false 9.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #608 pepinointer, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    I agree it would be a mistake dont use him especially in this moment....but i havent seen him confortable in the play beyond the goals and queiroz havent give him a lot of confidence.

The hold up of duvan is great but relys in his physic...and in how he can win by force.....but im not sure if that is a top priority for queiroz....

What happened with duvan that i think doesnt fit in queiroz style? He is active when the team is attacking but isnt so confortable "talking" with midcamp with short passes and to keep posesion...he isnt the most active player if the team isnt attacking.....he is talented but dont have the technique of stefan, uribe, roger that is the type of technique cq likes.....

Queiroz is quiting to attack with full backs...he likes medinas and tesillos...that are more technique than partners of the forwards as arias was.......so the play isnt focus in feed the 9 with centers.....

The attacking plays we are having are diagonals of our wings......that avoid transitions in the middle.

In queiroz philosphy as 10 doenst exists im not so clear cllasic 9a are.....

Queiroz reminds me pinto...not because of his tactical style, but because how his choices are focus more in a system than in the moment of the best players

9. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think that Duvan drops in and combines pretty well. He's not a false 9 who drops in as a midfield but his passing and combination play for Atalanta is exceptional and he's got an Xa of 0.30 for this season which is right in line with last season, so he's very much a creative force as well.

It makes sense that CQ has used more defensive fullbacks, using essentially 3 forwards who press and 2 wide allows us plenty of attacking force that we don't necessarily need overlapping fullbacks like we used to when we played with false wingers like James, let the wide forwards have freedom and the fullbacks stay deep and protect. Our fullbacks inverting and having fullbacks comfortable playing in the middle who also play as CB's should also release our CM's too, its a good tactic. I think Duvan operates in this fine, he's not a #9 that needs crosses he can operate with balls into feet or work back to goal and create for others so I hope we'll get the most out of him.

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Drop and combine very well in ATTACK.....i doubt queiroz priority is attack as atalanta, he is very different to gasperini that is a full atack coach..queiroz wants a vertical team fast in the attack that doesnt have pauses in middle with pivots or 10s....

Im not denying duvan habilities ...but i dont like the lack of confidence queiroz have given to him

villus repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    River in the final. He was the only of river that played as starter....hope that juanfer play in the final and borre surely will start again.

Villa only colombian in boca, subbenn in minute 89

HomietheClown and villus repped this.
  12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Quintero off the bench to score another clutch winner in the final!

13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Watching this match last night, I felt both teams, lacked any creativity. I'm surprised Gallardo didn't put in JFQ to give the team a bit more offense and possession but that late Boca goal probably changed his mind. Obviously, Boca had to gamble as they were down 0-2 from the 1st leg. Alfaro starting Tevez made no sense.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Actually with borre and quintero in the final i think river will ask again with the federation to dont called the players

Is an important game, isnt kike he have to preapred the match against mallorca

15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Dang, that's right. That's a tough call. I gotta imagine the players may have to also play into that conversation. They should prioritize a CL final, specially considering it's a single game final.

16. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is the final still scheduled for 11/23 in Chile? I’ve been reading and seeing some videos about these protests in Chile. I wonder if that will have any impact on the game. It’s a month from now so I guess there’s time?

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Apparently Conmebol has no plan b so even if it gets worse they are playing in Santiago.

18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Plan B would probably be a final in Qatar. Cash galore for all involved. It wouldnt surprise me.

sidspaceman repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Seems like there's plenty of unrest all over the world. But particularly in South America there's definitely lots of political brewing in several countries. They'll likely wait until last minute.

20. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Would kill the TV ratings though.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ive heard rumours of centenario in montevideo

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fuck it. Lets just play the final in el Bernabeu every year

crzdcolombian, pepinointer and Furnaccio repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River was a far cry of its usual self. Terrible display that looked nothing like the team that destroyed Racing, Lanus, Boca, and many others not long before this match.

Ninguno hincha de River entiende porque jugamos los 90 minutos a los pelotazos cuando no es ni nuestro estilo ni teniamos el planteo necessario para jugar asi. Fue feo y desafortunado el partido de River, pero bue, se paso a la final que es lo importante. Y si, una lastima que no ingreso Juanfer

pepinointer, sidspaceman and kromekote repped this.
  24. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ryu79, jay luis and Azucarero repped this.
  25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The goal was a rebound, but the good news is that first shot was from Juanfer, that was subbed in minute 17 of second part.

kromekote repped this.