Rafael Santos Borré - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Tio Nicci, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Asistencia de Borre, gol de Pato

2. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    a start and assist on his debut?

3. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Did anybody watch the full match? How'd he do, besides the assist?

4. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    happy for him ..azucarero work your magic and make some highlights lol

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wow thats huge !! I can't believe he debuted in Champions league and he started for his club that quickly !!!! Didn't he just get loaned there? Also awesome of Atletico to send him to a team that would actually play him.

6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Eh. I'm hearing he didn't get a lot of touches. Champions League matches are tough. Youtube usually blocks them. I'll try to get a hold of the match tomorrow maybe...
    Yes it is. And you can tell how much Colombia has progressed in world futbol just by how little buzz this got. It turns out Soldado is out for 6 months. So, yeah. Borre's going to get plenty of opportunities.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  8. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    That miss today...goddamn. He can't keep choking like that. His opportunities are going to disappear.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well at least it seems that the coach has confident in him

10. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    For now...who knows how long that will last. Sansone got the start over him over the weekend,

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I sadly think that is a pattern he has developed over the last couple years. He seems to miss chances he should be converting. I have seen him do it for the Sub 20, seen him do it for Cali in the Libertadores, Seen him do it now for Villarreal.
    The guy is just not clutch. That said, I have seen other strikers develop their aim and eventually become clutch in situations like this so I will just wait and see if this is something he can get better at.

12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    It's definitely a mental thing. Mentality can always change--for the better or worse.

Jhon Cordoba's finishing used to be downright comical for a time. He's getting a lot better at it these days. Luckily, Cordoba had so many great qualities to his game that he was always going to get chances. Borre does, too.

Before his first injury, Borre was putting everything in the back of the net for Cali. When he's in rhythm, things will go well for him. When he's not, he starts pressing. I just just hope he doesn't become a Fredy Montero...

pepinointer repped this.
  13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao wasn't so accurate at that age in his definition too...the definition can only improve with the years
    this , the thing that I less care in a youth striker is his definition ...falcao at that age was so great , he lost a lot of 1 to 1.

The reason Montero became a Montero was because he went to USA.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It can improve. I don't want to say it can "only" improve because for some players it doesn't.

15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I refer to Montero more because of his tendency to be the best player in a league for 4 months--and then go ice cold the next 6 months. MLS didn't help him in a LOT of ways. But that consistency thing was a problem he had even in Colombia.

Montero was the top scorer with Huila at 19. Came back to Cali, scored 3 goals in his first 2 matches, and scored once or twice in the entire year that followed. Then he had that monster tournament where he should have broken the scoring record. But, of course, he started against Paraguay and that basically ended his scoring form until he went to Seattle.

That's always been his pattern :( Shame. Muriel is kind of stuck in limbo now, too, now that I think about it. Cali develops awesome strikers, but they all have issues with consistency. Preciado...

BUT, Borre has an intensity to his play that none of those guys have

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Enter Por pato para el segundo tiempo y está jugando muy bien . El arquero rico le ha negado dos veces el gol

ColombiaPAPA! and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

This Is non related with borre directly, But with his club . Marcelino scandal have shocked me

18. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Borre with some great moves to create and assist for the first goal and also was fouled for a penalty that was wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Muy bien Borré hoy contra Zurich, no anotó gol ni dio asistencia pero el man le aporta mucho al ataque con sus desmarques y su capacidad para proteger el balón y distribución, ademas se esta entendiendo muy bien con Pato, que aparentemente cogió su segundo aire en España. Ojala Borré meta su primer gol pronto para que empiece a coger confianza frente al arco. El partido terminó 2-1 a favor de Villarreal.

Si este man tuviese gol... Yo espero que sea un caso Diego Costa o Cheo10, que siempre tuvieron mucho talento, pero no fue sino hasta los 23 años que explotaron y empezaron a hacer goles hasta pa' regalar.

pepinointer and Azucarero repped this.
  20. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Qué golazo

22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    finally, only took him like 7 games to score a goal.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But with 3 assists so far and good Games

24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    this is true. But Im afraid they may not take him seriously if he doesn't score more often. Similar to John Cordoba's early days

25. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Awesome! He needed that.

Pato and Sansone have started netting recently, too. Good competition for him

J-Mezzy and Die_go repped this.