Rafael Santos Borré - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Tio Nicci, Mar 23, 2015.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    GOLAZO!!!!! beautiful volley

J-Mezzy and HomietheClown repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Gol de Borre

crzdcolombian and pepinointer repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Golazo

J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have never seen him this intense before. He is talking a lot not only to his team but to the ref and to the other team.
    Part of me does not like it, but the other part is like man, it is good to see him show the passion.

5. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He needed the goal so badly. Good for him.

crzdcolombian, J-Mezzy and HomietheClown repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And even without the goal he was showing a lot on the field. He is playing like he does not want to be on the bench ever again.

villus and pepinointer repped this.
  7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not really...........he have been used very little start of season..........his scoring per minutes played, is awesome.

8. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Its good for him, he's had a good game and is channeling the emotion positively, scored a nice goal and set up the first with that great defense splitting first touch pass. Especially for a guy who hasn't been solidified in his last few years digging in and fighting and asserting himself in an important and super intense game only will bode well for the coach trusting him going forward. Some players need that to play on the edge of that emotion to be at their best, that might be him.

Azucarero repped this.
  9. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    That's precisely why. He got a very rare start tonight and, for the first time, he both played well and scored.

Love that this is the best River has played in a long time, and both Pity and Scocco are on the bench. Good for the Colombians.

HomietheClown repped this.
  10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I just don't like it when players yell at the refs or at the other team as a general rule personally.
    But if it helps psyche him up and he does not get carded for it I will let it slide.

Azucarero and villus repped this.
  11. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah needless yellows are so frustrating, I've always been the same way when I played in big games, I'd be way more vocal it tends to help lift your teammates as well if you are positive and encouraging with it.

12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im not a fan of that pity guy

pepinointer repped this.
  13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  14. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    A good first half and an awful second for Borre today.

River were very tired in the 2nd half, but Gallardo pretty much threw the game away. Starting the 2nd he lowered Pratto on the pitch, leaving Borre alone up front. San Lorenzo completely took over the match without any true reference point up front, and it got a lot worse when Pratto was taken off entirely.

Borre CANNOT play by himself up front, and Gallardo should know that by now.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    despite that he gave a pass to pity alvarez in front the goal.......and pity failed as always

Furnaccio and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Arturo give a chance to Rafael...he is desetving it.

HomietheClown repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Doogs and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ojala. Me gusta mucho si tecnica. Solo tiene que aprender a definir

pepinointer repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    That's my biggest gripe with him. All in all, that's his billing--that's what he's hired to do..score! He needs to finish consistently.

When we judge players like Muriel we talk about all the amazing things he does, except for the most part, score. I know some of you think Borre is NT material but I dont think he's there yet. He needs to solidify his spot in ANY club before we just say he's ready. Love his professionalism and the fact that he keeps on working hard but something has to change in his role because he's not a striker/finisher and he's not fast enough to be a winger. His futbol IQ however is really very good so I think eventually he'll find the right spot.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tiene mejor promedio de gol que caulquier otro jugador de river. su año ha sido muy bueno y si se merece la convocatoria

pibe10 repped this.
  21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    More than Muriel and Bacca for sure in my opinion.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'd go

Falcao
    Borja
    Muriel
    Santos Borre

4 players with different characteristics. Bacca truly doesn't add anything to our team

Furnaccio repped this.
  23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao needs to be given a break call him in 2019.

Calling him for US u23 Andy Costa Rica is over kill he already our top scorer. Let’s look at future options

No Bacca either

Borja, Duvan, Muriel, Cucho and Borre.

For me Muriel and Duvan this is their shot to be the guys .... take it or lose it.

Tho if none of these dudes can score in yellow time to play with a false #9 with James as our. Striker.

Really worried the 4 strikers for fhe next to game will be Bacca, Jackson, Falcao and Muriel

Furnaccio repped this.
  24. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    .............And of course that Bacca needs to score the winner goal for Villareal 10 minutes after my post...

pepinointer repped this.
  25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I have Roger Martinez ahead of Borre, think he's got a better future is better now and fits in formations better. I think Borre is a problem because he can't play alone up top and isn't good enough at anything else to command a spot and I don't see that changing anytime soon. He doesn't offer enough of a skillset.

Borja, Duvan, Muriel, Cucho, Roger are the nucleus that we should be looking at right now then Borre is after that group. What role is he going to play if he's included, he can't be a 9, and he can't play wide and with James/JFQ/Cardona there isn't a formation we'd play with a second striker that isn't named Falcao. Falcao is a problem for us formation wise but he brings world class finishing and leadership, Borre although a fine player doesn't have a role in the NT for me and doesn't fit enough systems and with the midfield players we have its unlikely that will change anytime soon unless he develops into a big time goal scorer.