Radamel Falcao - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn’t pippo inzaghi make it to 50?
    ;)

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No but you have some real crap players at 37/38 still good there. Speed isn’t such a factor and think if he goes to a Fiorentina or Roma he can be in top form at least till Russia

I also am not a fan of our players going to foriegn American teams that can compete with us. That is why I rather he go to Nacional or buy Millos and go there.

For those who think his choice will be about money. He rejected China many times. And is filthy rich. He was top 5 paid player for 3 years that’s why he went to Monaco.

His next club will be where his wife wants to live.

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he retired with 38 and his last season with a decent amount of goals at his 35 (only 16).....

he is only 45.

4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wives tend to have that kind of say ;)

If he rejected to play in China, how was it that his move from atlético Madrid was out of his control (a statement I have heard people say previously)? Not trying to debate/doubt you, but just want to understand what his situation was.

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    China is a completely different culture/language from the west that's one of the reasons why they have to pay so much. Money won't be the only factor probably but it will be a factor, he took a big pay day to leave Atletico for Monaco which was a really big downgrade at the time, there are multiple factors but I'd bet for Falcao money is def a big one. Going to MLS opens you up to a new market especially in Miami you could easily see them going for a markee Colombian makes a ton of sense for both parties.

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Again it’s his wife. I don’t think she’s going to want to move to Beijing with 3 girls under 5. They probably know French and Spanish at this point. Maybe a little English. So moving to China would be impossible.

Plus Falcao doesn’t need money dude is filthy rich. Pretty sure if he had the option of 2022 Qatar or 50 million in the next 4 years he will go for the WC. Quintero who has at least 1-2 WCs left has more goals then him. That shit can’t stand.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...e-worlds-highest-paid-soccer-players-3-2/amp/
    #5 Radamel Falcao, AS Monaco
    Earnings: $26 million
    Salary: $23 million
    Endorsements: $3 million
    Major Sponsors: Puma, Samsung, Gillette

That is TaX free!!!

pepinointer and Furnaccio repped this.
  8. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    That's not how it works for lots of people, they don't look to attain wealth then just stop, especially when you're living in a place like Monaco you really aren't that wealthy comparatively. Everyone has different motivations but Falcao has shown once he's taken the money over a more competitive choice, that could change but if he passed up a lot of it at his peak unlikely to think he'll all of a sudden change course, I'd bet on him taking a lucrative deal and it weighing heavily.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    so Argentina would also be out because they would pay him next to nothing

He had a 5 year deal for 23 million euro. Think to come back Mónaco he had to take half that money. 2 years ago

So 23x3= 69
    2 years at Monaco + 2 at Atletico making half that
    4x11.5 = 46

Not counting his Porto money, investments, River money, money he got for the WC and NT duty as well as endorsements. I don’t feel bad for Falcao in the slightest plus he has a hot wife....

Thing you forget as well if he moves to a cheaper place then it’s like having more money. I took almost a 50% cut to move from Boston to CT. I feel much richer as it’s almost free to live here compared to Boston or NYC

10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

Froboy69, Doogs, ryu79 and 3 others repped this.
  11. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Who knows he could change course and lots of guys follow their hearts at the end, I'm not really judging him either way I'm just saying that what you laid out isn't how many people/players approach it and as a soccer player your window for your profession is very small compared to other people. Up to this point though we can say that he's not a guy who has been making decisions based purely on his heart or on competitive goals how much that weighs into his next decision we shall see but if he chose to go to Monaco at his peak then imo it shows he has a strong sense of maximizing his career financially, and I have no problem with that since for the National team he would die out on that field for Colombia. At times I may have issues with him tactically because of his limited skillset but I would never question the dudes heart and drive to do everything in his power for the cause when he's out there on the field.

Furnaccio repped this.
  12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    love it

dapip repped this.
  13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    and to think he somehow teaches finance o_O

villus and dapip repped this.
  14. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You actually believe that?! Kid can’t even read! Jk... sort of

jay luis repped this.
  15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Teach investments :)

Just saying living in a real nice place, not being stressed or having a crap ton of pressure is many times > then more money. Especially when you are financially comfortable.

Many of you are making it sound like he is going for 7-15 million a season to 500k.

He can make 1-2 million and go to a mid table team in Spain or Italy and have a much longer career then going to MLS or China.

A random 20 year old pops up in Italy or Spain and scores will take his spot.

16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    (Just saying living in a real nice place, not being stressed or having a crap ton of pressure is many times > then more money ) = I sucked at my real job, was fired so I had to take a huge pay cut and live elsewhere that I could afford.

I can understand you're looking at retirement, 55+ but you're still in your 20s and somehow downsizing? With your ego? :coffee:

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Why would he have a much longer career then going to MLS and China? MLS has shown quality players can have a very long career there, so you have it backwards imo at least in terms of professional career. Also USA and China opens up a lot more endorsement income by going to new markets and building your brand especially if he went to a place like Miami.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Because in China and US our federation doesn’t look at those leagues. The kid from Houston is tearing it up!!! We need a striker and doesn’t even get mentioned. MLS doesn’t exist to our fans or management. What would you be more impressed by a 35 year old Falcao at Parma with 15 goals or a 35 year old Falcao with 25 in the mls but doesn’t play from December to March.

You have players like Muriel and Duvan that everyone’s like they are Falcao a replacement but at 27 none have scored more then 12 goals a season!

You go to a mid table Spainish or Italian team with less pressure and score 12-15 he will keep getting called.

Cucho has 1 goal In Spain!!! And played in 2nd divison last year and man we have been screaming for his shot. Is he playing better the Borre or Barrera or Benedetti?

How about Dieder moreno. Granted never watch DIM but he was their captain and Leonel was campaigning for him for years. Boca wanted him you all said he was garbage. After a month in 2nd divison Spain he gets called up!!!!!!! Wtf is that!!

19. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao was at one point the best 9 in the world, this is not quality that is lost so quickly. He will probably continue to get called up for a few more years at the least. Regardless of where he plays.

anyway Im done wasting time with a crzd post.

I came in here to say that Leo Jardim has officially been sacked. Strong rumors of Thierry Henry taking over, there may be an announcement today.

pepinointer repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Monaco unfair with leonardo...........did miracles with them....champions over psg and semis in ucl (something that psg havent achieved)............then they disarmed their team and are not able to give him a crisis......

21. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i've heard some rumblings about Monaco being in the deficit this year. Them finishing poorly in the league table, not having european competitions may have had something to do with it.

also, fun fact: Jardim was actually born in Venezuela due to circumstance, him and his family moved to Portugal a few months after he was born.

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ive heard that history since 2014..vasylev get divorced and started those rumours

kromekote repped this.
  23. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Monaco is still financially strong. In fact, they are one of the most stable and well off clubs in Europe. Their tax benefits have something to do with that along with their constant sale of players and other branding intitatives. Even with a lackluster attendance they continue to thrive.

MONACO'S TRANSFER WINDOW DEPARTURES
    Kylian Mbappe to PSG - £166m*

Benjamin Mendy to Man City - £52m

Bernardo Silva to Man City - £43m

Tiemoue Bakayoko to Chelsea- £40m

Allan Saint-Maximin to Nice - £9m

Valere Germain to Marseille - £6.8m

Abdou Diallo to Mainz- £4.5m

Nabil Dirar to Fenerbahce - £4m

Corentin Jean to Toulouse - £4m

Total Income: £329.3m

*TBC; initial loan with view to a permanent £166m move

--Doesnt even include Lemar, Fabinho, etc.

Didn't know that about Jardim :thumbsup:.

pepinointer repped this.
  24. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah Monaco is the first team that comes to mind when I think of a club flush with cash, they have been selling players at monster profits for a while and still turning out good results, going deep in the champions league and even winning the league two years ago. Also you can add to the list players like Carrassco, Martial, Kurzawa, James and they always get players cheap, plus don't pay taxes! That club is a cash cow and they have brought in a bunch more really good young players that they will probably flip in a few years again.

Furnaccio repped this.
  25. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    FB_IMG_1539438733344.jpg

Monaco's new manager...a player that falcao publicly idolized a while back...please not a sad result like James with his idol Zidane!