Racism...Forever?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
    How do these guys respond the fact that (assuming he existed) Jesus was a Jew? I made the point once and it had no effect, but I couldn't understand the response.

2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think he's of Italian descent.

I clicked to suggest that maybe an anti-Semitic polka album could omit Weinberg, but it seems from a YT search that those bands have drummers as well. I learn something new every day...

Barbra Streisand could probably pull it off. Her music doesn't really call for a drummer.

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andrew Sullivan is in a twitter fight about black men’s penises.

If I have to suffer from nightmares, you do too.

charlie15 repped this.
  4. Dulliwhig

Dulliwhig Member+

Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't limit it to polka, I think it should show our diversity.

I was thinking M.C. Serch would be good to represent hip-hop, but cultural appropriation would likely ruffle some feathers...
    Drake would be an option and would represent two oppressed minorities. He could even try to get the crowd to say the N word?

It could feature a comedic opening act, Louis C.K. could represent the Jewish Mexican population which would check another oppressed minority box. That would definitely put the group at odds with the #metoo movement because of his strange fetishes. Maybe they could have a feminist cagefight vs. Louis C.K.. Louis would have to wear a chastity belt of course.

Maybe they could transition into an attack on Trump, bring in Sarah Silverman for that. The problem with her is that she did black face a while back. They could have Jimmy Kimmel interview Sarah Silverman where they can both tearfully own up to using black face. Trudeau and Kavanaugh could feature as surprise guests. Maybe Clarence Thomas could come out in white face to show him how they like it.

Drake can give some life lessons on why Jews shouldn't say the N words nor wear black face like he does.

There could an open forum with Black Israelites and Hasidic landlords getting everything off their chests. Or maybe it should be a legal proceeding to determine who are actually the God's chosen people. To make things interesting, they could use a Palestinian jury.

The grand finale could be a rendition of "We Are The World" telethon sort of thing. Mike Myers would have to wear his Fat Bastard suit and apologize for body-shaming, cultural appropriate and mocking trans-gendered people with his kilt. Kanye could come out in a MAGA hat grab the mic and rant about how much Trump loves black people. They could invite a bunch of the black inmates that Trump released from prison in The First Step Act to beat the crap out of all of the performers, then call in cops to shoot everyone.

5. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In reality, you just get a different flavor of racism, for the most part.

Literally some of the most bigoted voices to ever enter my ears have been from people where the only black people they have ever seen are on TV and never met one in person until they left home for college, the military, or for a few, lined up against them in a HS playoff game. They certainly don't live with any in their communities, and probably never will, depending on their employment.

6. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I've seen the same thing with people talking about Muslims.

sitruc, soccernutter and Timon19 repped this.
  7. Dulliwhig

Dulliwhig Member+

Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you see that your boy won an award recently?

https://www.adl.org/news/article/sa...dls-2019-never-is-now-summit-on-anti-semitism

So funny he would get this award, let alone have the audacity to accept it with a straight face. He's a serious actor now though, so this should help him transition from mocking poor Eastern Europeans, homosexual and racist stereotypes, etc.

Remember the human chairs?

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, Judas (in their fairy tale books) allegedly sold out another Jew.

So they are beating up a "bad" Jew that turned on a "good" Jew.

But, yeah, Christianity specially around the time of Eastern does show their anti-Semitic streaks, When my brother died around that time, I went to mass with my parents for his services, and man, the sermon was full of 'let's blame the Jews for the death of Jesus' crap.

9. The funny thing is that they also believe He was prophecised and the whole crucifixion was the big plan of God. There's a whole part in the Bible where Jesus struggles with the outcome of that plan.
    So it was God's plan from begin to end and he made the Jews do it, including Judas.
    Sounds very rational to blame those who obviously had no choice (executing God's Will!).
    As ever people extract from any book those parts that suit their purposes best.

Dominican Lou repped this.
  10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, IIRC Judas is kind of the hero of The Last Temptation of Christ.

11. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First it was the Natives, then Blacks / Italians / Irish, then Chinese, then Blacks again, then Latinos / Blacks together, then Vietnamese / Cambodians, then Muslims, then Latinos / Blacks / Muslims, then Gheyz / Trans, then anyone south of the Rio Grande, now it's back to Muslims, with G&T's tossed in.

Aside from NDN's / Blacks / I&I's / Chinese, the vast majority of these waves of migration were generally caused by a foreign policy of war, often by the US, often in the interests of some corporation(s)

sitruc, soccernutter and fatbastard repped this.
  12. You mean the Darkwater mercenary and hallibvrton outfit.

13. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Remember Straight Dave the wrestler?

(NSFW)

Dulliwhig repped this.
  14. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    "van Zandt?" Surely the name at least isn't...

"Federisi" or "Scialfa" I can believe are Italian...

[QUOTE="Auriaprottu, post: 38411628, member: 20749"Barbra Streisand could probably pull it off. Her music doesn't really call for a drummer.[/QUOTE]

Alice de Buhr drummed on one album... And what do we think Barbra's own ethnicity is?

15. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    But to be fair, about a third to half of them allegedly believe in a doctrine that says he had no choice, his actions were foreordained...

16. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mom's maiden name is Lento. Steve took stepdad's name.

She's White. I mean, she's Jewish, but she's executive/optometrist/musician Jewish, not Nakam Jewish.

I was just rolling with dude's idea of Jews mocking Jews is all.

russ repped this.
  17. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The book and movie? Not as Judas is traditionally understood. However, he appears to Jesus during what turns out to be the last temptation...

Show Spoiler
    which is ordinary family life, complete with kids, where he married first to Martha and, after her death, her sister

... and reminds him of his calling . . .

Show Spoiler
    at which time we jump back to Jesus on the cross, dying

...thereby saving the day. But for most of the story he's a political revolutionary who misses the point.

I haven't read the book or seen the movie in decades, but I remember both as pretty good.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  18. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I mean most every industry in the US since it decided to be all exceptional and shit. At first, this was focused primarily inwards / westwards, up to Alaska.

Then South of the border into Central, the South America and to Hawai'i, and then to various points in the Middle East & Africa, typically chasing mineral extraction or other exploitation

sitruc repped this.
  19. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Yeah, I never understood that either.

If god sent his son with the specific purpose of getting him killed, why are Christians mad at the ones that- supposedly- had him killed? That was the plan the whole time!

It's not like there was going to be peace on Earth forever until those dang Jews threw a wrench in the whole system.

Auriaprottu and Moishe repped this.
  20. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    One of the greatest ironies living in Detroit, is that there are people who will make the most bigoted remarks about Muslims.

Never mind that they may or may not be neighbors with them. Never mind that their kids might be friends with those Muslims. Never mind that aside from Hamtramck and Dearborn, they live all over southeast Michigan. Never mind that from the worst parts of to Detroit to some of the wealthiest suburbs there are gas stations owned by Muslims, that they've most likely bought gas from. Never mind that they'll admire Middle Eastern women, especially the Chaldeans. They'll happily eat at the various Middle Eastern restaurants all over the area.

I always laughed hearing some snippet about Dearborn or Hamtramck being under Sharia law. The funny thing is Dearborn had a notorious racist mayor for years. He'd happily fly a Confederate flag if he could. Shit, Ford is headquarted out of there for crying out loud.

21. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chinese immigration picked up when the railroads didn't want to pay what was necessary to employ Americans in building the transcontinental railroad. It was cheaper / easier to bring in Chinese to do the work. So it wasn't because of a foreign war, but certainly in the interest of American corporations.

russ repped this.
  22. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Hold up, your brother the America fan passed away? Damn. Sorry for your loss.

ceezmad repped this.
  23. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why I said aside from the X / Y / Chinese / etc

24. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those of us that have read the Bible for content, aren't mad about it.

Dominican Lou repped this.
  25. Dulliwhig

Dulliwhig Member+

Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Upstanding white male is really bad at arsoning.