Racism...Forever?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Y'know what? Nobody really wants to be parked next to Timothy McVeigh's rental.

In an era of fear and paranoia, nobody looks all that perfectly innocent.

2. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d rather watch 5 year olds play soccer than watch you guys try to stay on topic.

russ, sitruc, Chicago76 and 3 others repped this.
  3. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    charlie15 repped this.
  4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    But you'd just let the 5 year-olds play. Why can't we get the same treatment?

xtomx, song219, Chicago76 and 2 others repped this.
  5. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    I fly TransLove Airways. Gets you there on time.

Dyvel repped this.
  6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer AirAmbien. I get there, but don't remember how, or anything that may or may not have happened along the way.

Dyvel repped this.
  7. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I find that in DC though people are using their devices but are not talking to them or each other. I find the Metro quieter than it has ever been.

sitruc repped this.
  8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My former dentist and his assistant used to talk in front of me about their affair while working on my braces. I was 11. It wasn't profane or X-rated, but it was clear that they were linked. I mentioned it off-handedly in a related convo w/my parents when I was about 30. They were disappointed that it had been discussed in front of me. OTOH, I wasn't too pressed about it. I remember it well enough because it was about an affair they were trying to conceal, but I never saw any reason to tell them to talk about something else.

9. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Not Stacy's mom? :p

10. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    Just wait for the car ride home with SD young man. He's gonna pick apart every aspect of your posting game.

11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  12. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    This. If a brown guy says "See you on the other side" on a plane, I'm going to assume I either didn't hear him correctly or that he's a complete idiot. I'm not taking him for a terrorist who has any chance of successfully executing a plot. Brown people who aren't terrorists know not to say that. Those who are terrorists? No way in hell they're going to say that.

As we've seen from all the terroristic threats online landing white guys in jail, tipping your hand before you do something has not made the list of white terrorist cardinal rules. Yet anyway.

InTheSun, charlie15 and Auriaprottu repped this.
  13. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    This also makes you say racist things to your fellow passengers.

According to Ms Barr.

dapip and russ repped this.
  14. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    charlie15 repped this.
  15. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    White homeowner detains four kids at gunpoint:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/us/black-teens-arkansas-gunpoint-fundraising-trnd/

No, of course not.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  16. You mean something like this?

ToMhIlL repped this.
  17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    That's aweome for an 11 yr old.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  18. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    When I was a tween/early teenager there was a dental assistant with a tremendous body at my dentist/orthodontists office. This woman "tended" to me about once a month for my braces and pretty much had the body of a swimsuit calendar model. Extremely fit and a decent amount of silicone in the torso area. She'd rub her breasts all over my face every time I went in. Without fail.

And of course 12-14 year old me is not complaining. Although you're trying not to pitch a titanium tent pole in your Levi's when this is going on. I just figured her boobs were enormous and they got in the way. Apparently that's not uncommon. Sometimes she would lean over to grab something off the other tray and it felt like I was suffocating though. Probably 1/3 of my school went to this particular dentists office. Some other boy who went to the same orthodontist/dentist mentioned it on a field trip and a few of us started laughing. Apparently this was a universal experience. Back on the bus we were joking about it and it turns out none of the girls had the same experience. Maybe the girls paid no attention to it because they weren't teenage boys? Well one of them went in a week or so later. Not the same experience. Ditto the next girl. And the next.

So apparently this woman was taking certain liberties with her endowment and derived a bit of pleasure in boys enjoying themselves in her care. And in hindsight, it's completely obvious given how rough/non-discreet she was about it.

19. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, I'm not very threatening.

20. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we're not all conservatives. My district elected a lesbian Native American in the last congressional election.

21. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Florida Man, White, Actually Loses Stand Your Ground Case...

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/23/7539...anslaughter-despite-stand-your-ground-defense

... on a technicality

Surveillance video of the scene shows {Michael}Drejka, who has a conceal-carry permit, draw his weapon and fire one fatal shot at {Markeis} McGlockton.

Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri didn't initially arrest Drejka because he believed the "stand your ground" law applied.

The law, as described by The Associated Press, is a lengthy one that "generally says a shooting is justified if a reasonable person under those circumstances would believe they are in danger of death or great bodily harm. But it also says the shooter could not have instigated the altercation."

Gualtieri said Drejka told deputies, "When he was on the ground ... he was in fear ... that the next thing that's going to happen is that he's going to be reattacked by McGlockton."

Several weeks later, after protests, Drejka was charged with manslaughter by the state attorney's office.

Jurors took six hours to settle on the verdict. During deliberations, the jurors sent the judge a note saying they were confused by the self-defense law, according to the AP. The judge said he could only read them the law again.

When the guilty verdict was announced, the Tampa Bay Times reports, "In the front row of the gallery, McGlockton's girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, threw up her hands and clapped. A woman broke into sobs. McGlockton's father pressed his elbows into his knees as supporters squeezed his shoulder. His mother embraced family."​

ceezmad and soccernutter repped this.
  22. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I remember that case. Good verdict.

23. Article about WWII: The forgotten group in WWII. White soldieres didnot want to receive orders of blacks.
    https://www.ad.nl/buitenland/de-ver...den-geen-orders-krijgen-van-zwarten~aaad5431/
    use google translate
    Hij kan niet wachten, zegt dominee Brown, om voor het eerst sinds het einde van de strijd in Europa terug te keren. ,,Want daar waarderen ze wat we hebben gedaan. Ik herinner me dat we over straat marcheerden en dat de Fransen bloemen naar ons gooiden. Omdat we hen bevrijd hadden. Ze waren zo dankbaar. Zij zagen geen zwart en wit, ze zagen bevrijders.’’

[​IMG]
    He cannot wait, says Reverend Brown, to return to Europe for the first time since the end of the battles. ,, Because they appreciate what we have done there. I remember marching down the street and the French throwing flowers at us. Because we freed them. They were so grateful. They did not see black and white, they saw liberators. "

Dr. Wankler and Auriaprottu repped this.
  24. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To quote FZ, "You know something, peoples? I'm not black, but there's a whole lot of times I wish I could say I'm not white."

From another article about it:

In the audio recording, you can hear the emotion in the voice of Marysville’s Mayor Pro Tem, Kathy Hayman, when she responded to Jean Cramer’s remark that they should keep the community as white as possible. Hayman said she took Cramer’s comment very personally.

Hayman said, “I don’t even know that I can talk yet, I’m so upset and shocked. My father was a hundred percent Syrian, and they owned the Lynwood Bar. It was a grocery store at that time. So basically, what you’ve said is that my father and his family had no business to be in this community.” Hayman added that her son-in-law is a black man and that she has biracial grandchildren.

After the forum had concluded, a reporter with the Port Huron Times Herald asked Cramer to clarify her remark. Cramer doubled down by sharing how she felt about Kathy Hayman’s diverse family. “What Kathy Hayman doesn’t know is that her family is in the wrong. (A) husband and wife need to be the same race. Same thing with kids. That’s how it’s been from the beginning of, how can I say, when God created the heaven and the earth. He created Adam and Eve at the same time. But as far as me being against blacks, no I’m not.”

25. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No, that wasn't intended to be my point. It's that the White gun terrorist (regardless of the state- Kansas was just an example) who says, "See you on the other side" is likely to be one, in this day and time...