Racism...Forever?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know we have talked about this before and I don’t particularly want to rehash it, but that’s not the reason people I know voted for him.

2. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I know, it was many things. He was an outsider. He was a businessman. He "tells it like it is" (we know what that means). But I can't tell you how many times I saw Whitelandians on cable news saying "we need to take back our country!" Just so happens Obama stole America from them for 8 miserable years and with Trump it was payback time.

Deadtigers repped this.
  3. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cable news shows you what they want to get ratings. Controversy gets them eyeballs.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don’t believe that stuff, they just vote for politicians that do.

Alrighty then.

Deadtigers, Pønch, sitruc and 1 other person repped this.
  5. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You agree with every position held by everyone you ever voted for?

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    White supremacy is a deal breaker for me, because i dont have ********ed up morals.

7. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  8. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    If they are die-hard Republicans willing to vote for the clowns that spout that kind of bullshit, it doesn't matter if they themselves believe it or not.

EDIT: Superdave said it more succinctly.

9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Yeah, but Trumpanzees will never admit it. Whitelandians are savvy marketers even for themselves. In 2016 when asked why they love Trump they'd respond with vague concepts like "he's telling it like it is" and "we need to take our country back." Grandmama the Trumper going to church & baking pies on Sunday could never be a racist! He's a good businessman & will shake up Washington.

Deadtigers and sitruc repped this.
  10. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If anyone voted for him, despite knowing all of the things surrounding Trump, running the risk that all of these things will happen, that is on them.

It is one thing to not "agree with every position held" and it is an altogether other thing to vote for a singularly self-promoting, misogynistic, racist, multi-time bankrupt, carnival barker, in league with Russians and mobsters, who had no realistic or even coherent plans.

So, please tell me (and I really would like to know this) why DID they vote for him?

Deadtigers and superdave repped this.
  11. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Yet another corollary to the "super-competent, evil genius-idiot".

Deadtigers repped this.
  12. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Would you even consider believing him if what he told you didn't already line up with exactly what you're thinking?

Moishe and stanger repped this.
  13. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Literally no one thinks that .
    Incompetent fool dependent on laundered Russian mob money.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  14. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deadtigers repped this.
  15. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH

16. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Oh, so Marxists can use "both sides", but no one else?

17. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goddammit,do I have to use the /s EVERY TIME?

18. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Probably. At least in here.

Moishe and russ repped this.
  19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If the author is the same "Glen Ford" I've come across before, the guy is an actual communist. That helps make sense of some of the articles on the website.

Deadtigers, xtomx, sitruc and 1 other person repped this.
  20. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a Venn diagram for ya. Not all Trumpanzees are "Racists" (they will tell you that they have "Black friends), but the circle that overlaps with the other circle of people who are OK with racists calling the shots and making policy overlaps nearly 100%.

21. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    No time to go into all the ways in which everything in this article is wrong. A couple big ones though:

-At the local level level in deep blue areas (assuming only a white-black electorate), the area needs to be 60% black to have a solid chance of electing a black rep due to all sorts of differences on eligibility, turnout, etc. Anything less than 60% is essentially a "wasted vote". Anything over 80% is too. That's a very small window.

-In larger elections, the door is much wider for AA candidates. Here are some numbers from the 2016 election using validated voter files to confirm the interview subjects actually voted. White Dem voters outnumbered black Dem voters 3.17:1. But white Dem house reps outnumber black Dem house reps 2.63:1 (134 to 51). An AA who happens to be Dem is 20% more likely to have a seat in the House as a white Dem. There's all sorts of reasons (dispersed white Dem votes vs. concentrated Black Dem votes undermine both groups). Regardless, if the author thinks there is a Dem conspiracy to suppress black Dem representation, then white Dems are doing a really bad job of it.

ceezmad, stanger and sitruc repped this.
  22. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #11472 xtomx, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Of course.
    Although I would likely not agree with @stanger would report, I would "believe" what he was reporting.

I don't want people to "line up with exactly what" I'm thinking.
    Hell, I don't always "line up with exactly what" I'm thinking as I can both be wrong at time and change my thoughts, based on additional information.

What I do want is that people who voted for Donald J. Trump for reasons other than that Trump is a singularly self-promoting, misogynistic, racist, multi-time bankrupt, carnival barker, in league with Russians and mobsters, who had no realistic or even coherent plans, to:
    1) Explain why they actually did vote for Trump.
    2) Acknowledge that they did so with the knowledge that they were also voting for Trump who is a singularly self-promoting, misogynistic....

23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I'll believe it when I see it.

I see you saying this, and it's good as far as it goes, but it doesn't seem to match the patterns observed here.

This seems a tad out-of-scope w.r.t. the exchange you're having with stanger.

24. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Stanger and I may disagree on many things, but we are generally civil.
    I try to be civil almost all of the time, but sometimes I fail in those attempts.
    I will admit that my civility ebbs and flows (which is why I took a two month or so break from BigSoccer P&CE thread after the elections).

25. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Note that I was not specifically referring to you, except that you do indeed appear to escalate quickly. The pattern I reference is 90% universal to frequent posters here.

xtomx repped this.