Racism...Forever?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I've been to several Starbucks in Philadelphia, including that one. I'd prefer a locally owned places, but they're all committed to NOT having people sit for a long time* (uncomfortable chairs, low tables, or stools in lieu of chairs), whereas the Philadelphia Starbucks I've been to all do passable impressions of friendly neighborhood stores (baristas on first name basis with regulars, knowing what "the usual" means for hundreds of customers, etc.)

That's why I am completely surprised by this. Hell, most Starbucks in Philly I've been to, the majority of the people behind the counters have been POC. I'm not sure how it got to that point.

*There's a Saxby's on Rittenhouse Square that's terrific, but good luck getting a table.

2. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I caught the end of Joy Reid interviewing Killer Mike who has been pimpin for the NRA lately. He's more or less for the "old" NRA (gun safety, shooting as sport) and for black people legally owning guns. Then she was discussing the interview with Toure and said "how come the NRA never speaks out when legal black gun owners are still gunned down by the police? Imagine if those Starbucks AAs had their rifles slung around their backs in an open carry state"

Deadtigers repped this.
  3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Starbucks by our house - where my daughter works - lets a homeless woman from the neighborhood use the bathroom to wash up every morning, as well as charge her phone and hang out there most of the morning. Usually she orders a coffee, though.

4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once the giant seed corporations get in the game, they will GMO the shit out of the MJ seeds and take over the industry. Capitalism at its best.

5. The stuff I posted about is gm stuff. Monsanto can't put more of that dope substance (it has a difficult name) in a plant as it is now available from out labs.

6. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Deadtigers and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  7. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Is that bad? From what I gather, somebody has been improving the hell out of weed since I smoked that stuff.

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For sure, one of the big debates in Mexico for legalizing drugs down there (not that the laws are enforced anyways) is that once the USA legalizes the growth of weed and big Agro gets in the game, Mexico will go from a net exporter of weed to a net importer of weed from the USA.

Deadtigers repped this.
  9. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  10. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Deadtigers repped this.
  11. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
  12. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about the "Ethno-Nationalists"? No, that's just a fancy word for Muthafu**ing Racist Muthafu**ahs who can't think their way out of a paper bag and can hope for no better employment opportunities than being a a bridge support on a federal (Damn Eebil Gub-Mint) highway.

Wait, I think I just came up with their new name....

13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It Tennessee, that has been the Republican party for decades. The irony of it all, the taking down of statues was done by the mayor, Strickland, who is a Republican.

14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Or Crytpo Nazis. Has a techy sound to it and is a throwback to William F. Buckley.

15. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Too intellectual for their supporters. They'd think it's some liberal thing or worse, Jewish.

16. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Get ready with your "Thoughts and Prayers" ™ (Republican National Committee). Hitler's birthday is tomorrow and white boys love killing people to celebrate.

Deadtigers and Auriaprottu repped this.
  17. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Wait now ... Hitler's birthday is 420 Day? Well, weed is vegetarian, so maybe that works.

18. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's 420 day tomorrow?

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  19. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    My understanding is that it generally arrives on April 20th.

20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Auriaprottu repped this.
  21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wonder if LA Fitness is going to irritate conservative customers by holding rushed "Sensitivity"* sessions like Starbucks. A sensibility session at the very beginning would have prevented some of this.

*It's a stupid word anyway, as it implies that something extra is required to treat a fellow human as you'd want to be treated.

22. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    You, and @BakedAlaskan - of all posters here, should know this.

Otherwise, see my sig.

Deadtigers and NORML repped this.
  23. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Oh, I think the dear departed MasterShake takes that prize.

russ, soccernutter and crazypete13 repped this.
  24. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    As far as I know this is the first one. I don't have any idea of the race of the shooter.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...tody-at-Central-Florida-School-480361643.html

Person Shot, Suspect in Custody at Central Florida School