Racism...Forever?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Everyone is always fussing about their height while I, at 5' 4 and 63/120", never really give it a thought! :coffee:

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  2. VincitOmniaVeritas

Jul 18, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm sorry but you really need to up your hawk game.

Here is a good place to start.

http://www.winklerknives.com/knifeidx.asp?type=Winkler Knives II

3. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I could google it but the benefit that immigrants have provided via inventions over the decades is huge, is already obvious, and wasn't being debated.
    You on the other hand, could go read the context of what was being posted and the article Kensington posted (the one Q*bert was responding to) which mentioned the specific situation in Texas and undocumented workers, and the possible effects on the economy.

4. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would I buy something from a Jeremiah Johnson LARP'er from Silver Dollar City with a pretendian fetish?

Jesus, WTF is with that website. I'm surprised the address didn't have geocities or compuserve in the address.

Fuck | "Each design is born of warriors' experience"

How about you learn to diagram a sentence, Daniel...

VincitOmniaVeritas repped this.
  5. VincitOmniaVeritas

Jul 18, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    HAHA I thought you would like that.

6. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    That's true but even if they expanded a little, their numbers would still be going down. Same as in Europe.

So if you just look at that fact alone, it kinda sounds rational for them to feel threatened. However, when you look at the fact that all the power is still held in their hands, that they as a group are still head and shoulders above other groups (Asians and their 5% population, self-selected asses don't count), then it's really absurd.

Low fertility rates are almost always a sign of well-being. The more income, education, health you have, the less kids you have. Well, globally, whites are now doing SO well, that their fertility rates are plummeting below replacement level. Basically, they're victims of their own "success."

So despite the fact that they're winning more than ever, they're more threatened and scared than ever. Completely bizarre.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure what this means. "Self-selected"?

It IS bizzarre. With power concentrated in White hands, each White individual sees his/her power rise incrementally as the numbers drop... last one alive sits on the throne for life. You'd think they'd see that.

8. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    It refers to their educational status upon arrival to the US.

Asian immigrants arrive much, much better educated than, say, Latin American immigrants. Something like 50% of Filipinos have Bachelor's degrees, for example. This is much higher than even whites' rates.

Asians are largely self-selected so it's much easier for them to "succeed" than it is for Latinos or black Americans. African immigrants are also largely self-selected and are very successful. Curiously, we never have to explain this because people understand it perfectly well.

And there's even a panic about "white genocide" among a lot of segments.

The only thing being annihilated is white poverty. For one, white urban poverty is becoming a thing of the past. The menial, onerous work in big cities throughout the US and even Europe is now being done by all kinds of brown, black and yellow people. Whites have actually moved beyond an entire category of work in entire continents.

There's still some white rural poverty but give it a few decades and people of color will inherit that too. What terrible fate awaits whites worldwide: they'll only exist in the ruling classes of Europe, the US and Latin America.

Woe is them.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Completely understood, always has been. I hadn't heard the specific term before, tho.

Of course they do! So much so that they forget about it when they broach the topic looking for a killshot to the discussion.

Even that's tied to a twisted definition of White v. everything else. Some (many?) act like it's paint, where only white is white and one drop of whatever actually does technically make it light grey or pale blue or celeste or pink. It isn't paint.

It's almost funny how many people refer to those days fondly because they could buy a house and support a family on what those jobs paid. 1) No one really needs to be doing that sort of thing for any length of time, and 2) the unions that made sure the jobs paid are the same ones that prohibited POCs from joining, sooo maybe the pay was decent in part at the expense of POCs looking for the same work...

I think they still get in some physical labor in the rural areas, which brings us to...

My tears fall like rain

Dominican Lou repped this.
  10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    soccernutter and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  11. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    865356638894649344 is not a valid tweet id

Auriaprottu repped this.
  12. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    God shed Hiiiis graaaace on theeeeeeeee

13. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Intersection of so many threads...

Fox News make you stupid..
    Lets laugh at Florida...
    American people failure...

Ok, this one is about right...

865814491535224832 is not a valid tweet id

roby, Sudžuka and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  15. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    The Hawaiians are next....they should go back to their own country! :whistling:

16. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Y'know what's seriously beginning to grate?

The way these "John Doe Public verbally abused/physically attacked/otherwise tried to negatively affect (insert member/s of oppressed racial or religious minority here ____________________ )" memes, tweets and actual news reports always seem to follow up with "The victims, who were actually (insert member/s of another oppressed racial or religious minority here_______________________ ), told police that Public did yada yada..".
    Every time I read one of these, I end up lol-ing a bit, however briefly. But it's not lol-able. An Indian couple almost got their business burnt down by a bigot. A Sikh man got his ass beat by a gang of thug bigots. An Indian man got paralyzed by an overzealous cop when a bigot called the police after seeing him out for a walk. A man of Southern Italian descent gets verbally abused by bigots...

I can't help but think we're creating a situation where the gaffe takes up more talk than the atrocity, and worse, one where the victim gets (totally deserved) extra support and sympathy from the public precisely because s/he/they are not <Denny Green> what the bigot thought they were </DG>. one where we say to ourselves and one another "This is a stupid ************************". No, he's a stupid ************************ because of what he believes, and not being able to distinguish between an Indian and a Black man doesn't make him one iota more stupid than he already is. I fear that misprioritizing the topics causes members of the actual culture the victims belong to start to respond in the wrong fashion. The Sikh starts to think of ways to avoid being mistaken for a Muslim, and the Indian starts to look for ways to avoid being mistaken for a Muslim or a Black man. The Latino starts to speak English in areas where it isn't necessary... each act reinforcing White privilege by distancing the actor from his own cultural customs.

17. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  18. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Link to story?

20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
  21. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    A good start. On the back I'd suggest a pic of their headcovering with a line "Don't take a bat to the hat"

22. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No, I'm saying that's the wrong option.

23. roby

roby Member+