Racism...Forever?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieBmore

JamieBmore Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Of course not. Liberal hypocrisy at its finest. It;s funny to make fun of the white people but you better not joke about the brown people or else. A lot of people were sick of it this past election and is just one of many reasons they get to deal with Trump for the next 4 years.

If that dude in Fresno today was a white guy yelling "I hate black people!" and killing 3 innocent black people it would have been the lead story on CNN. How is it any different than what Dylan Roof did?

2. ToasterLeavins

Mar 25, 2003
    NJ USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    No one gives a shit.

3. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much Obliged, neighbor

No, I said I hate a lot of white people. In general, I let them open their mouths first and let me know what they believe before I make that judgement

Your previous apologia about all the good stuff white people have done, really reeks of a tone deafness of someone that thinks everyone else that isn't white like him, are all benefiting from "preferential treatment" and/or programs that they pay taxes into, but can't access.
    Dylan Roof murdered 9 random black people in a church, for nothing more than being black and wanting to start a race war. You have video in one of the Carolinas of a fatass cop shooting a man in the back, then planting a gun on him, and when it goes to trial, you have a hung jury because one juror admits he would never vote to convict, regardless of the plain evidence of the shooting, the plant and cop lying about the incident. You have another cop in South Carolina tell a driver standing outside his car to get his license out of the car, then when he does, he shoots him, Philandro Casteel gets shot live on camera after informing the office he has a legally licensed firearm and then is directed to provide the license & drivers license, and that's just the one's I can remember off of the top of my head. I don't recall you rushing in here to get outraged about any of those

Sure. To be blunt, there's plenty of black folks I don't really care all that much for either. But that really isn't the point. We have a problem in this country with fear and racial stereotyping of minorities as automatically being suspicious or threats.

From George Zimmerman thinking he's Wyatt Earp, after being directed to stand down by a police dispatcher and following a "black guy" that had every right to be in the apartment complex he was in, to numerous incidents of other shooters provoking incidents with black males, then shooting them and claiming "self defense" because they didn't like those guys playing basketball in the street to their parties being too loud.

And that is exacerbated when you have a majority of the police forces in this country that are budget starved to the point that they are not only overworking and underpaying and undertraining the officers that they already have, but that they are having to continually lower the minimum education requirements just to get applicants and overlook psychological issues that 25 years ago would have prevented you from making it past the first interview.

Not to mention the increasing militarization of our police forces and the rising "deification" of the police officer because of his uniform as a "Hero" by default, the failure of police forces themselves to often do anything to hold their own accountable and close ranks and "protect" a bad cop, rather than to seek justice and purge criminal behavior from their own ranks.

Yeah, imagine the look of "whatever" on my face when you and a couple of the other regular white apologists roll in here and play the victim when some mentally unbalanced person snaps and starts offing white folks, because they're white. I guess y'all are staring to figure out what it's like to be a minority in America. Maybe that will start to have some positive change with regard to the unfettered access to firearms, police funding/training and mental health.

Well, he gets my intent.

I guess 80+ years of racial jokes about minorities is just coming home to roost.

4, provided he can avoid impeachment

Well, we don't know this guy's past yet, but we did know the beliefs that Roof held, and then someone thought buying Dylan a gun for his birthday as an A-OK idea
    Sure you do. Everyone cares what I post.

xtomx, charlie15, soccernutter and 3 others repped this.
  4. Dulliwhig

Dulliwhig Member+

Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a ridiculous accusation. You are attributing thoughts to me that have nothing to do with anything that I have ever said. For you to say you hate a lot of white people when you very well know the same cannot be said for any other race is the definition of hypocrisy.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repped because...well, most of you will understand.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's a Black supremacist?

7. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Pretty much any black person who doesn't act like Clayton Bigsby.

soccernutter, taosjohn and song219 repped this.
  8. JamieBmore

JamieBmore Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Racial jokes are never ok. If you think they are, then sorry if people don't take you seriously when you complain about racism when the joke is about you.

The guy said HE HATES WHITE PEOPLE and shot and killed 3 random white guys. How could he make his beliefs any clearer then that?

9. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Sounds like economic insecurity to me.

xtomx, dapip, Q*bert Jones III and 5 others repped this.
  10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Probably a Trump voter.

dapip, Deadtigers and russ repped this.
  11. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Besides if the white guys turn out to be Muslim it will be all ok.

Deadtigers, taosjohn and russ repped this.
  12. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Berry Gordy?

chaski and Deadtigers repped this.
  13. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr Warmth also hates lots of Mexicans if I remember correctly.

He has lots of hate in his heart, baby jesus would not approve.

14. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The dude who threw the merchants out of the temple was kinda pissed too.

15. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Well, he went down to the polls in his Sunday best
    Economically anxious boy they all said
    And he voted for Trump then he thumped on his chest
    Economically anxious boy they all said
    Well he's just an economically anxious boy

Auriaprottu, Dr. Wankler and taosjohn repped this.
  16. Dulliwhig

Dulliwhig Member+

Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree. I am fine with racial jokes in context. We should be able to poke fun at ourselves and eachother. But this is a forum discussing racism, it's not the Chappelle Show. If you say you hate white people, it doesn't matter if you think it's fine because someone else on here 'gets it' or 'knows what you mean.' Normalizing tongue in cheek hatred is dangerous.

17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    It sure ain't. That motherf#cker was really raciss!

18. Dulliwhig

Dulliwhig Member+

Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    zzzzzzz

19. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    59d.jpg

20. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I was being somewhat kind in that. I mean, it is true that we shouldn't go around beating the shit out of people just for espousing beliefs that we disagree with, because that literally always escalates into the belief that you can just go around doing that all the time, then someone brings a knife, then someone brings a gun, then someone brings an IED...

All that being said, when someone is espousing the beliefs that are reminiscent of the early days of the Nazi party, essentially, just some ideas that some people are to blame for everything and if we just all lived apart from each other, that would fix things, and maybe, you know, later on, that becomes those people are subhumans and shouldn't have rights and maybe, you know, just die...

Well, we know where that shit leads to, the same place it did in Armenia and Rwanda and Germany... and at this point, we're not going to let that seed take root.

ORLY? You roll in to complain about the lack of BLM asserting the need for black males to marry their children's mothers with a bunch of op/ed backed beliefs passed off a facts, conveniently ignoring that this is far from a black problem and is a male responsibility problem that cuts across all social and economic demographics. Fortunately for White America, thanks to generally having more income, they can better "nip" these problems in the bud, either through quiet abortions or paying off the family of the mother like the affluent families of a lot of my HS buds did. And even when they don't and do try to make a family out of it, the divorce and abandonment rate is staggeringly high because neither of the parents are truly self supporting adults and they tend to get very resentful of their child / spouse because they get to see all their friends living life and they have to put in 40-60 hours a week to support a family that has often already grown again.

And then you chirp about all the problems the "black community" needs to fix and the mythical black power structure. I swear to God you sound like my sister-in-law over the weekend complaining that her son's friends and all use "nigga" to self-refer or refer to each other, but her lilly white vegan son can't use the same word or he would get his ass whipped. Complaining about the "power of being the oppressed". There is no power in being oppressed or being discriminated against, there is only allowed the occasional milquetoast protest that is socially acceptable to the majority, always tempered with a measure of "greatfulness" for having the rights that they have had to obtain via the judiciary and economic protest.

Of your 78 (to date) posts in this thread 77 have been literally been parroted talking points, repeated ad nauseam by a middle class White America that is literally blind to the root causes of systemic poverty, systemic incarceration, and other socioeconomic issues in communities of color cased by an ingrained and structural racism, that those communities can literally do nothing to change, even if they self removed every known criminal in their communities, gained full employment and thanked each white guy they met for being allowed to live in perfect America and parroted the American mythology of hacking a society out of wilderness that was literally a wall of trees inhabited by blood thirsty savages.

Clearly they were in public through most of the history of this country until, you now, you might have to work with some of them. And in the right company, the probably still are, I hear them all the time from people that think I'm the same race / ethnicity as them and think that I'm on the same "team" as them.
    I say the same thing to white folks all the time. I mean, white people can get REALLY offended when you explain to them that NDN's are not all that honored by their sports team monikers, nor was their GGGGrandmother an "Indian Princess", because, you know, there wasn't such a thing, and that it doesn't matter than they didn't intend to be offensive by some of the dumb stuff they say and ask a fella, because you know, in the 21st century, you probably shouldn't ask if I call my wife a Squ@w or point our an attractive NDN girl and whisper that you'd like to "Poke her Hontas"

Yeah, ask those not Jewish people how it felt to be killed by the guy who wanted to kill Jews at that Synagogue in Kansas City or St. Louis or wherever.

Tumblr, I guess.

What exactly is the context where you would feel making a racial joke about a a group or an individual, most likely without their knowledge. I mean, what do you feel you've done, other than be "blessed" with being born white, to think you've earned the ability to do that?

Oh, have we offended your delicate sensibilities?

Like I said, I hate some white people, mostly open bigots, but I have no love for the folks who think they're being allies by saying they don't see color, when there is the lingering effects of ethnic cleansing, racial segregation, race based laws mandating separation, inequal delivery of justice and inequal prosecution for similar crimes, nor the pieces of stool like yourself that think it's perfectly fine to continue to normalize the soft racism of "jokes" amongst your pals, but clutch your pearls when someone doesn't tell you it's going to be it's OK and we POC's won't let anyone hurt the "good ones" like yourself, who've overcome all those struggles you and your knocked up wifey overcame... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (I can't make them any larger, or I would)

Deadtigers, Auriaprottu, song219 and 2 others repped this.
  21. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That looks like it would make his butt hurt more...

xtomx and dapip repped this.
  22. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    100 days in, how do you think that's working out for them?

Are the mean brown/black people still making white jokes or have they learned their place? Is that Chris Rock bit calling whites "cracker ass crackers" still available or has it been placed alongside blackface in the shameful historical past of the country?

Better yet, can whites call blacks "n1gger ass n1ggers" again just yet, or will it take Trump a few more months to rectify this blatant injustice?

23. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    The Bla5cks just hafta work harder. Look who Chris Rock's neighbors were in Alpine:

24. JamieBmore

JamieBmore Member

Apr 26, 2001
    I don't get the point you are trying to make. Who is ok with anyone saying any of that?

25. JamieBmore

JamieBmore Member

Apr 26, 2001
    I don't think anyone can argue black men in this country aren't unfairly profiled by not just the police, but by most people in general no matter what race they are. I am not black, but I am sure black men notice it everywhere, from the white lady in the elevator who clutches her purse tightly to the store employees at the mall keeping a close eye on them.

The problem working against them is crime statistics that really scare people, like the murder rate and armed robbery rates by black men. They commit these crimes at 4 times the percentage of their population. Again, I am not saying there isn't a valid reason for this, like any man from any race coming from an area of poverty is going to be more likely to commit those crimes. However, people see these statistics and will have a bias or a stereotype because of it. You are being naive if you think people are just going to ignore those stats and it won't affect the way some people think.

One area that I disagree with you and agree with Dulliwhig is the single parent issue. I have had this debate with others on here and don't want to get into it again, but growing up without a father in a single parent household makes it a lot harder for a child to be successful as an adult. Statistics and facts prove this point. It's not really up for debate. Almost 66% of black children grow up in a single parent household. That is one area that I think the black community doesn't address the way it should be and I think it would help some of those crime statistics, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, just wondering, what is your solution to stop this? Raising awareness of the issues? Better police training? You seem to know a lot about these issues and am interested to hear your thoughts on how to fix this.