[R] White (and Feilhaber?): Aarhus GF v. Vejle BK 3/9/2009 2 PM EST

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Tonerl, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MyP2P has a couple of TVU streams available here if anyone is interested.

2. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feilhaber wasn't included in the 16-man roster so he definitely won't be playing tonight. Only White is in the roster today, and I have to assume he'll start.

There is, however, a mention on the AGF website that they have an impromptu reserve match against Vejle scheduled for tomorrow, and it's specifically mentioned that Benny will play in that one.

edit: yes, White is starting according to this. And the link about the reserve game tomorrow is here.

3. Hed7181

Hed7181 Member

Jul 1, 2003
    VA Beach, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    White has been very lively so far including an early chance at goal that was cut off at the last minute.

4. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Vejle up 1-0

5. Hed7181

Hed7181 Member

Jul 1, 2003
    VA Beach, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...on a beautiful, what would you call it, half-bike? It was pretty sweet.

6. Hed7181

Hed7181 Member

Jul 1, 2003
    VA Beach, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Jeremiah White serves in the perfect cross for Nando Rafael to (finally) put away to tie it up at 1-1

7. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His second in two weeks. Not bad at all - if he keeps it up I could see him getting a look for the Gold Cup.

Unfortunately I can't tune into a stream (Danish Delight channel doesn't show up on Mac TVU player), but from the ticker it looks he had another cross that Nando Rafael nearly headed in for a goal a few minutes before they got on the board successfully.

8. Hed7181

Hed7181 Member

Jul 1, 2003
    VA Beach, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    White denied by the wonder keeper in the 88'.

9. Hed7181

Hed7181 Member

Jul 1, 2003
    VA Beach, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he's put in several good crosses and through balls that have gone unconverted this match. Such is life, I guess.

10. Hed7181

Hed7181 Member

Jul 1, 2003
    VA Beach, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and it ends 1-1

White goes 90

11. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Jerry play on the right? Seems to me he was doing really well there last year and then when he was moved to the left (earlier this year? or was that last year?) he started to struggle a little bit. Anyway, if he's back to his best, he does deserve a call this summer (if not sooner).

12. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    Check out this diagram which I assume shows where people played. However it must include subs too as they show 14 players lined up for Arhus in the dreaded 5-5-3 lineup (withdrawn striker and a left winger?). Anyway White #15 is shown on the right side of midfield:

http://www.agffodbold.dk/Content.asp?id=112

13. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    White always puts in a solid shift at the office, gets goals, assists.....in a european league, yet always gets the shaft as far as caps are concerned. If there is one player that gets the shaft from the USMNT, it is White more than anyone else IMO. Even more so than Kenny Cooper. We need depth at right mid behind Clint Dempsey. And White is better than John Thorrington, it doesnt make sense.

14. Easy Morning Rebel

Feb 12, 2006
    Des Moines, IA
    If I remember correctly, he's also picked up his share of injuries at some inopportune times.

15. mattygp

mattygp New Member

May 6, 2006
    Another fantastic cross for a goal. Last weeks assist came off a good cross as well. It is nice to see him start the season off so well. Highlights: http://watchsocceronline.blogspot.com/

I would agree that he does get the shaft in terms of USMNT, but give him time. How old is he?

16. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's less than a month from 27. His time is now.

Incidentally, I just looked him up and learned he shares a birthday with me. Sadly, he was born in another decade. It sucks to find a professional soccer player who isn't young but is still younger than me. :(

17. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    how can you guys say he gets the shaft? He has been mostly a part-time starter and has been injured a lot. Is THAT Bob's fault too?

18. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    You know that John Thorrington once played for ManU right? Then when he finally came to the US to get healthy and consistent playing time he got some caps. Nothing wrong with where White's playing, but it's going to get you less consistent USMNT caps than being an MLS above average starter.

19. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to hear White is still doing well. Was this preseason, mid-season, a real game? I tend to get lost in the Scandinavian league schedules.

Also, any news on how Feilhaber fared, physically at least, in the reserve match?

20. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a league game - their second after the winter break.

The game is happening sometime this afternoon, so I suspect there will be something about it on AGF's site later tonight or early tomorrow.

21. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

No he has not, and no he has not. I don't even know where you got the first notion. It's flatly untrue.

22. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    how many games did he star last year-out of how many total games? What was the numerator and what was the denominator.

23. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

Bruuuuuuuce... do you know yourself... or are you blindly reaching in the hope that I don't?

C'mon, you can fess up.

24. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    He started more than any other wide player on the team.

I believe he started 26 out of 36 league and cup matches for Aarhus last season, and was subbed.into 6 more. That would make him 6th on the squad in number of starts.

I might be wrong since soccernet's information on the Danish league is incomplete (something must have happened to their database recently, because I don't remember their record keeping for lesser leagues being so poor in the past). I had to check less official sources online.

25. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough to tell starts without a better understanding of Danish, but he's made 61 appearances since his arrival (late in the 06/07 season). In that time, AGF has played only 63 league games and a handful of cup matches.

I think it's safe to say he's more than a part-timer.