[R] USOC: Crew v FCD :: Pre-Game / In-Game

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by myshap, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    I'll agree we didn't do anything to make me say we would have won the game if said calls were not made. But then again I didn't see anything that would make me say we were going to lose.

From my perspective (behind the radio) it appeared fairly balance and both teams needed that little something to push them over the edge. Unfortunately for us, that little something was the ref for FCD.

2. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe not the team, but as you can see with salary cap or other leagues/sports where there is a limit on the players, facilities and staff become more important. Other than the under the table money, college gridiron football is all about the facitilites. In the NFL, it is about scouting and coaching.

So, if you were an allocation-quality player and had to choose between a team that was in a small town with a stadium that looks like an erector set with an ugly color of yellow or a team in a big town with a stadium that will be quality professional (if a bit late in being completed) facility, what would you do?

And the more profitable the team, the more staff you can hire to advertize more, sell more tickets, have better customer relations...

Oh, am I getting into details and facts? Sorry about that. I'll just let you guys vent. Nevermind.

3. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    This had developed into an interesting thread... good work all round

4. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio

Plus, in Dallas, he can use all his huge MLS money to buy a helicoptor and land right there on the field on the heliport...er, concert stage.

5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That's not true, you know it can get worse.

6. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So being the 15th largest city in the nation is small? I know we're not as big as your ******** city, but we're still bigger than Austin, Ft Worth and El Paso. We're not the cow town people like to paint us as.

7. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    This thread is ********ing ridiculous. I hate when good stuff gets ruined. ********ers.

8. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Just when you think things can't get worse you find a basement door in the basement.

9. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, let's just talk about the facilities then. Hm?

10. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    I have never had to lock a in/post-game thread. Now I do.

Drummr' please, go back to your forum. Come back in a few weeks when we play you again.