[R] Roma-Dynamo Kiev

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by MyHouse!, Sep 15, 2004.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I'm not excusing the incident and certainly feel there ought to be a harsh punishment (forfeit yesterday's game + a lengthy home field ban), but hm.... 2 stitches vs 39 deaths .... hm.

2. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    If this had been their only incident in the last few years I wouldn't be making that statement. The fact that I pointed out the other two incidents have taken place in less than a year means a very ugly trend.

Do you think UEFA will look past Millwall if something bad happens involving them in the UEFA Cup? I think not since they've had a very black history.

Do it once and I can forgive you. After that you're a repeat offender for which a lesson wasn't learned from the first.

3. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm betting that the result will be let stand as a 0-1 home loss for Roma.

They will receive a massive fine.

They will be forced to play the remainder of their home games behind closed doors in this years comp.

The mug that tossed the object will be caught, fined and possibly imprisoned.
    He's on camera and it won't take them long to get the row/section/seat #.

Glenn Hoddle pointed him out on telly - he's done!

4. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree that Dynamo should get the win and Roma should be fined ... but there is no way they should be kicked out of Champions League !!!

If this was a big riot then yes but it was just one stuiped fan ... one fan cant ruin a whole city's team like that , especially in the Champions League where Roma are aiming for to solve their financial problems ;)

5. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what scares me about UEFA. Because Wisla is an eastern european club, they get hammered. Because Roma is an Italian club, they might get a minor penalty. I'm curious to see what they do about this situation... I hope Dynamo don't get screwed in the end.

6. By-Tor

By-Tor Member

Tottenham Hotspur, Chicago Fire
    Nov 30, 2003
    Deerfield, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. If all this doesn't happen, I nominate you for UEFA Head of Discipline.