[R](POST-Match) Honduras vs El Salvador 6/10/09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Apr 20, 2009.

1. dirix

dirix New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Re: (Pre-Match) Honduras vs El Salvador 6/10/09

Should be a great match. I came down to watch the ES-Mexico match and We´re driving to SPS tomorrow to watch HON-ES. Azul, whereabouts in NO (only getting as specific as you´d like) do you live and where do you usually watch the games? I can´t ever find anyplace that shows games that don´t involve the US.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

I live in kenner...not inner new orleans but like a few miles outside of new orleans is a city called Kenner. and its like a resting place for all Hondurenos. like we have the biggest Honduran/central american population outside honduras and central america so we get special privelages. you can watch it anywhere in Kenner. any cantina or spanish bar or restaurant tbh. since they are all honduran or locally own. on the radio aswell for anouncments for the game and they have commercials for it.

3. pavonYsuazo

pavonYsuazo New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

no way dude... i live in new orleans. is it just for people who live in kenner or will they stream to me in new orleans. i get telemundo too and they show mexico's games all the time.

4. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I'm hoping they show this game on ppv! There is an expected 2000+ Salvadorans. :cool:

5. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Well I have been thinking about this game and since Honduras is coming from a loss, and people are starting to doubt them they are going to win this game 3-0.:eek: It will be a hard fought game but the score won't show it.

Salvador is on a high right now and I have no doubt in my mind that they are going to come out swinging since I think this is their best chance at a road win apart from TnT. I see Amado scoring two goals in this game and costly adding a late third.

6. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Amado... scoring for the N.T.? Boy will i be surprised, and happy. I don't see him scoring though. Now Rambo, that's a different story! From a free kick thats for sure.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=653634&sec=worldcup2010&cc=5901

lol ESPN also cares which means this game must be huge. Im telling you right now. Its gonna be an emotional game. my mom is gonna be crying i know that much since she was caught in the middle of the war. this game even got its own nickname already lol. ezpect Hondurans to play off emotions and for the teremoto victims :( and Wilson to get applauds.

8. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

It should be a incredible game, but I can't watch it have an exam the next day very unlucky

9. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

Honestly the way I see it is that Honduras has problems on defence. ALthough their attack is very good, ES's defence has been great as of late, ( not conting saturdays game ). Since Honduras is slightly better overall than ES, them being at home might very benificial. But the refs can change the game completely, with a little luck we can easily tie or even a victory is viable.

10. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

I agree with Amado putting a big game in and even scoring because to be honest is form internationally has dropped so he is due somehthing special.

11. Fuera del Area

Jun 27, 2007
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Should be a good game. If the Salvis can play Honduras like they did in San José, anything is possible. A draw wouldn't be the worst thing, but a loss would definitely hurt the Catrachos more.

12. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

For some reason this feels like a game that is going to turnout being overhyped and really nothing special.. Though I am excited..lol

El salvador will defend with nails and teeth but I see honduras scoring two probably in the second half, and I won't be surprised if ES scores first.
    Anyway, goodluck to both teams.
    Ma~ana me toca doble sufrimiento (ecuador argentina) cipotes , rezen por mi.. Lol

13. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

What kind of fan are you? I know its much later over there but... I could be receiving the Nobel Prize early morning the next day and I'd still stay up late and watch it.

14. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California

We must win this game im still mad at the way we lost to the U.S. we had everything in our favor we were winning and then we let them beat us, what made me mad was that we didnt attack the U.S. until it was too late why didnt we attack as soon as they scored the 2nd goal?? well datz another story but Muma is dissapointed that he wasnt even in the bench in the last game, i understand him he should at least be in the bench!
    http://www.diez.hn/Selección Nacion...ias/Senti-impotencia-pero-el-profe-manda-Muma

The home games are must win and the fans really need to make El Salvador scared and pressured.

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

time to put La Selecta to sleep boys.

16. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

It wont be an easy game, but i think Honduras should take this one. It's a must win and Honduras is at home.

17. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

not gonna happen chief!

18. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

This game seems almost impossible to win. They are at home and have an excellent mid with two goleadores upfront Pavon and Costly. The only way I see us winning would be with two goals one pk and fk from Cheyo or Romero. I don't think Honduras will score less than 1 goal. Our defense is good but I don't know how long they'll be able to stop their forwards from scoring.

19. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

I assume still no tv for this match...? I checked pay-per-view and it wasn't listed.

Too bad, should be a great game. Wish I could watch it somewhere other than Justin.tv...which is not the best place to watch a game.

20. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I feel similar feelings. However we have played throughout this whole Hex against forwards who play in competitive leagues, and who were suppose to destroy are defense. Now i realize this game is at Honduras it's not impossible. Costa Rica is arguably the best in the Hex and we definitely scared them, without Cheyo and Castillo. Let's give our boys a little credit now. I'm not saying we will win this, but we sure as hell have a shot. Let's support La Azul.

21. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I have a feeling that as long as they don't score in the first 10 minutes we can win this game. I still think they'll score but, Castillo didn't have agood game last game so he should have a good game today hopefully, also I hope Romero steps it up. Last game against Costa Rica I knew we would loose 1-0 but I think we can win this 2-1. Goles de Cheyo o Romero y Corrales.

22. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

You're right Kevin, you guys been playing smart n with heart, anything can happen is 11vs11. Im just saying Honduras is playing in front of their people and they cannot afford to loose. They also got Rambo de leon back, that dude is the beast.

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

i think this game is gonna be the game the fans are gonna be behind us the most even more then the Mexico game. at home. best believe the stadium will be arockin and arollin and with the return of Palacios. its gonna be a memorable game for him and something for us to celebrate and look back on. what happened 40 years ago will be a distant memory after tonight!!!!!

24. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

You are right what happened 40 years ago will be a distant memory after tonight. 40 years ago Honduras beat ES 1-0 in Honduras, tonight ES wins 1-0 or 2-1, what happened 40 years ago will only be a distant memory.

25. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

hey Efi why u still got a yellow card bro, u've had it for a while now. U should talk to one of ur mods to see if they can take it off.