[R] Our next opponents...

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by canzano55, Apr 5, 2006.

1. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Terrible news for both sides. Pippo struggling to make it for the match on Tuesday....

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr16d.html

This is a shame, since Pippo really feeds off the San Siro crowd. And with Gila STILL having not scored for us in the Champions League, I would change our formation to the Christmas Tree with Serginho slotting in with Kaka and with Maldini-Kaladze-Nesta- Costacurta/Simic starting in our backline. But I know Ancelotti will cave in and start Gila anyway. :(

As for Barca, Larrson got injured, and amongs their other injures (Messi, Marquez, Mottta) and suspension for the match in Deco, we aren't going to get the full maximazation of how awesome this matchup could have been. I still think it will be amazing tie, but it possibly could have been perhaps "the" greatest matchup in the history of the Champions Cup/Champions League.

Whether we go through or not now depends on our defense, as any goals we allow Barcelona to score at San Siro will be vital in the tie. And with Pippo out, they will put all their attention on Sheva, which means Kaka and our midfielders will have more responsibility to score....and that's not been occuring much for the past 2 seasons.

Nevertheless, lets still hope Pippo pulls through.

2. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This is the worst possible scenerio without a doubt. Not to go overboard but Inzaghis on fire in Europe and not having his services at home is a huge blow.

Gila's like 0 for 7 in Champions League while Sheva's not having the best luck with international goalies.