[R] Official Crew - Fire Reserves PBP & Post-Game [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by MD_05, Oct 26, 2003.

1. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    not looking good so far.

Armas, Beasley, Ralph, Razov all not playing.

2. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    cunningham creates and mcbride finishes

we're still down 2-1

3. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    Cunningham creates for himself and finishes, too.

2-2

That was the best attacking 10 minutes the Crew have played this season. This just pisses me off more to see what cunny, buddle, and mcbride can do when on the field together.

4. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    McBride again....3-2 Crew

5. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Against the Fire's backup, backup keeper.

6. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Buddle 4-2 Crew

7. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    6-2 with the most exciting ball movement the Crew has had all year.

McBride's comment to Wynalda post game was that the difference was adding atacking players and the TEAM is a much better attacking team.

Exactly the attitude this team was supposed to have ALL FRIGGIN YEAR. You set your tactics to match your personnel, GREG. This team has tremendous attacking players and likes to play the attack. Freddy played a great game - Where has he been???

Williams is only one step up from Zeppa. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but the Dunseth for Williams swap was stupid. This league is WAY too quick and has too much pace for Willie.

8. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    congratulations, where was this lineup all season long. It worked in two games, i don't see why it wouldnt in the other 28. Bad coaching, i agree, Fire Andrulis.

Did anybody catch the game on ESPN2? His
    (Andrulis) comments sounded like a farewell.

9. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    One can only hope.

10. Nadeaufan17

Nadeaufan17 New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    My only question is why? Why could we not play like this the entire year. There was a reason we were picked to win it all, and that is exactly why, we have the talent to do it.

We have shown glimpses of this all year long, but have never really been able to put it together for a long enough period of time for it to mean anything. Today we did and got an MLS record 6 goals in one half.

Yes, I know we were playing the Fire "B" team, but playing the way we did would have gotten us some goals against their "A" team. The guys were really having fun out there and it showed. They were relaxed and playing like a team.

My only hope is that this game did nothing to help Andrulis stay on as coach, we need someone new to head up this team. They have the talent, there is no question about that, but they don't have the right leadership behind the bench. Im optomistic about next season if we can get a new coach and play like a team like we did today.

11. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anybody else notice that we actually came from behind to WIN this game??

I think it has been something like 14 months since our last come from behind victory. Wow, thanks for the memories Greg. <<Note the thick sarcasm I am trying to lay out right now>>

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS record 6 goals in 1 half, AND coming from behind.

V-Army was great as always.

Piss on the Fire.

13. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    And take Jim Landon (SP) with you...

14. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    Anybody else think we should've roughed up Razov?

15. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    during wynalda's 2nd half interview with greg, he (eric) said something like "is this the lineup you want to have next season?"
    greg kinda laughed and said something close to "this is what i wanted to have this year." it game me the impression that he knows he's gone.

16. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And eject Mark Williams in the process? Sure, why not.

17. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anything you have to thank the Crew for showing up in the second half and for Greg, in hopefully his last appearance on the sideline as a coach, to put offense on the field to get a win for the home crowd, when he could have just as easily shoved some developmental players in there to get a good idea on what they could do but probably not win the match.

Kinda hard to grade performances vs. the fire "B" team but there were some that probably should be noted.

Williams - just awful, did he even bother to come out for the second half? I don't see how this ape can improve his game in the off season, especially since of both of the goals he was responsible for and neither had to do with MLS officiating or style of play compared to abroad (you stick out your leg in front of a player in the box, you will surrender a PK).

Hejduk - poor. Runs until he's dead so "A" for effort - but I don't remember a single good cross from his side and his foot was also sticking out there on the PK.

Traeger - Only a few touches but I liked what I saw.

Garcia - I think that goal did wonders for him, he actually looked like he built some confidence and I can only hope to heck if he returns he can build on that.

Buddle - Jeffro - McBride
    Looked pretty good together (the again, against a MLS "A" side we're talking about a different story).

McBride
    Looked extremely disappointed. True he had fun but you could tell both he and Wynalda in the post-match interview were holding back.
    [hr]
    Oh well, season over. Back to the drawing board.

18. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    Yeah...It was a shame he was already subbed out. It would have been the first good thing he's done for us.

19. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a spectator, the second half was fun. As fans, lets not get too optimistic. We saw 45 minutes of good, dare I even say passionate, play against a bunch of reserves. That was the kind of game we expected to see for 90 minutes all season long, and until we start to see it game to game this club, whatever it's makeup next year, has to prove itself before I get very excited.

20. crewcrazy17

crewcrazy17 Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Medina
    I thought the first half was pretty good but they gave up two soft goals. Much more attacking style and I agree with most that it should have been that way all year. Second half was crazy. I think the Fire goalkeeper will not be seen again in MLS. He was awful.
    What was that riot in the NE all about. Loved the Sack Andrulis banner and paper bags. Hopefully management will follow through on the idea.

21. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Let's put it into perspective. We trailed the Fire's B team at the half. They obliged by taking out more starters in the second half. A 6-2 win against the Fire's C team is not much to write home about. Just like 603 total yards against Indiana isn't something that should make Ohio State fans dream of another National Title. More challenges await both teams in the future (although one team's future is a bit closer than the other's).

22. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what the hell was going on, twice, in the middle of you Crew supporters in the first half?

Chicago 'hooligan' dorks?

23. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Didn't we come from behind to beat Dallas earlier this season when Dunseth gave Dallas a 1-0 lead? I know the point you're making, though.

24. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    You know what, though, those guys on Chicago are still professionals. And I know some of those guys saw decent amounts of action throughout the season - Pause, Jaqua scored against earlier in the season. Putting six up in one half is still pretty impressive. Impressive enough in this situation to cause one to think of titles? No, but six goals is still a lot.

25. suspenders1964

Mar 4, 2000
    Yes. Although you have to hand it to our ushers. They stood idly by while the couple of guys decked out in Fire attire were coming to give us flowers. It was just a little scuffle. Then the Crew ushers took away our "Sack Andrulis" banner. Bastages.