[R] Japan vs Bahrain

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by rougou, Mar 1, 2004.

1. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    0-0 FT
    Well, looks like it doesn't matter whether its the olympic team or senior team. Japan can't score.

2. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    crappy field, and crappy passing.
    Japan only showed urgency at the end of each half. There were times when the ball was just sitting by itself and noone ran to get it.

3. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    tie to Bahrain?............................

sigh

4. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    it's a tight schedule. we don't need to rush for win every damn game. loosen up body a little bit in this game save some energy and teach the rest of craps like uae and whatever lesson and spank them all once the classroom moved to japan. besides, bahrain kept packing their sorry goal 24/7 and didn't smell like scoring

5. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    bahrain didn't have any real shots on goal, but there were a couple dangerous moments like when Hayashi came out of the box and ended up flattening the flagpole.

6. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    don't worry. we lost to them.

7. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

I don't think the ******** should be angry about this result. Its good considering that it was an away game. U gotta realize bahrain is not a push over team anymore ever since their infamous history against us they have been improving in all levels sr and jr alike.
    I think japan will qualify from this group along with Iran in the first group and Iraq or Saudi from the 3rd.

8. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Is "j*a*p*s" a bad word? :confused:

9. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Is that a questions? or Is it one of your sarcasms? Of course, it is a racist term. don't ever use it again.

10. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    i found many non-english speaking countries except those annoying japan's neighbors don't know the fact. i've had an experience of cursing one arabic guy and insulted his world who used the term unintentionally. very bitter and awkward moment afterward.

11. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    japan can't score. They have some of the best midfielders in the world but their forwards stink.

12. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    yeh, but as for U23, Tanaka is pretty good, and Hirayama is getting some valuable experience now.

13. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Other Asian midfielders have their strong point.
    In recent National team, Japanese midfield's strong point largely stems from putting two playmakers on the field.(Nanami, Nakata , Nakamura ,Ono ,Ogasawara)
    Current U23 team lacks this strong point. Matsui has very good skills, but is more like chancemaker than playmaker.
    In this game ,they showed thier weakness of ball distribution. Especially defensive Midfielders.

The result was not good.
    Better luck next time.

14. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Also I think they have a great goal keeper, he saved japan skin on one of bahrain counters.

persiantiger
    "infamous" is hardly the word to discribe the famous result they pulled of gainst iran.They won that fair and square. But I agree that Bahrain have been growing in strength eversince.

15. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

What are u serious? I seriously didn't know thats a racist comment and now that i think of it i had used that term when talking to fellow japanese students as well as teachers! back in high school. Damn no wonder that teacher didn't give me a good mark! haha
    I always thought that word was used when one was refering to a group of japanese ppl guess not. Ok so persian will become persianS what will japanese become japaneseS? that dosen't sound right.

They won Fair and Square? Don't get me started! I admit we played one of our worst games in history but to say they won fair when 60 minutes out of the 90 minutes they were lying on the grass is just ......

16. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    is that what you call fair & square? great standards!!!

they displayed an act of cwardy and unsportsmanship during & after the game. Simply classless are the Bahrainis!

17. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Can we keep the discussion to the U-23 match?

Yes, J*p is a very offensive term, and Iran-Bahrain has been discussed to death before. Feel free to discuss it elsewhere, but I don't want to see this thread turn into a flame war.

Thanks.

18. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Bahrain did get annoying by preventing every free kick Japan was about to take, and even kicking the ball on Japan's free kick. They even tried to take a clear Japan throw in. Refs have to start showing cards for some of this stuff.

19. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    that's typical 2nd string arab soccer. i have no idea what some people meant by "oman, qatar, and bahrain are improving". since the oman game i have been disgusted the way those oman, bahrain, and lebanon played. they are no good except trying to cheat everything. i have no respect at all to those minnows and japan is fully responsible to bring them justice. facing home side uae up next, japan will probably experience the worst of all. expect the ref to be like winning eleven 7 and uae to take all advantage of that.

20. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Its the results they are getting against Asia's top teams, they are not winning by 4s and 5s, but at least they arent easy pray like they used to be.

Personly I dont think Qatar has improved that much,they still play defensive soccer. Its Oman and Bahrain that showed progress.

21. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    unfrigginbelievable. this is disgusting. those stupid cheating bahrain cheated all the way for the win and stupid mighty japan just gave up a fluke goal for free of charge. it was like winning eleven 7. now japan is tied with uae and bahrain. japan must win the rest of the games. unbelievable.

22. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    i'm sooooooooo pissed!!:mad: