[R] GRAZIE CAPITANO! Fiorentina - AC Milan 05/31/2009

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by kckal, May 30, 2009.

1. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Paolo's last game in rossoneri colors. We can only hope that Viola fans can do more justice to that than Milan fans were able to. Its always depressing when one of the greatest players that have stepped on the field for your team gets more respect and a better response from the opposition than your own fans.

Whatever the reasoning may be, no one can deny that it was the absolute worst time to bring up those differences.

Anyway, we can only hope that we get to see another player of his calibre play for our colors in our lifetime.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hqzXZ7CK04"]YouTube - Paolo Maldini [Grazie Capitano][/ame]

A special thanks to guardiola who showed the class he and the club he represents has by dedicating the champions league to the greatest left back to step foot on the field. And to quote what he said and go a little bit further, Maldini need not worry what some morons at the previous game said about him, the whole of Italy, the rest of Europe and the rest of the World all love him and what he has given to the game.

On to the game, we need to either win, draw or at worst lose this game by a goal to go through the CL directly. I would prefer a win, to give Maldini a proper send-off.

Ronaldinho should start(as he should have in the past few games as well), imo, he showed plenty of heart and will power in the previous game and has earned it. But what Carlo does, in what will most likely be his last game in charge is up for debate...

Lets hope that Gila does what he did best at the San Siro while he played there and disappear for 90 minutes and the rest of the fiorentina team follow suit. I am not that confident since our team has been struggling in recent games and havent won a game in the past three, but as usual, the more pessimistic I am, the better Milan do so I am going to remain that way (just to do my part for the team! :p)

Grazie Capitano. And there is only one captain, and his name is Paolo Maldini. You will always be our captain.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcvzb_tdP8"]YouTube - Grazie Paolo Maldini[/ame]

2. Aranycsapat

Aranycsapat New Member

May 27, 2009
    Padova, Italy
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Milan/

According to "La Gazzetta dello Sport" Beckham is doubtful for this game, only in the final training Ancelotti will decide if the English can play.

Andrea Della Valle, president of Fiorentina, has stated that his club will do something in honour of Maldini in Paolo's last match, also Fiorentina's supporters announced their initiative to celebrate Maldini.

3. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I honestly hope we win because losing 3 in a row to finish a year is not something Maldini or anyone else wants. This will be a tough game and we will need to be extra crisp in the back, although Mutu is not playing I believe, but we will be missing Ambro and I would assume R80 would start.

FORZA MILAN!!!

4. James Bond

James Bond New Member

May 26, 2005
    New Zealand
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    called-up players for Fiorentina-Milan:

Dida, Kalac, Perucchini, Antonini, Darmian, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Nesta, Senderos, Zambrotta, Beckham, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kakà, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Pato.
    Unavailable players: Abbiati, Bonera, Kaladze, Cardacio, Borriello, Viudez.
    Players not called-up: Mattioni.

Referee: Rizzoli

5. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Not only Guardiola a classy guy, but he 's smart coach too.....

6. Aranycsapat

Aranycsapat New Member

May 27, 2009
    Padova, Italy
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Official line up:

FIORENTINA: Frey; Comotto, Gamberini, Zauri, Pasqual; Donadel, Montolivo; Semioli, Jovetic, Vargas; Gilardino.

MILAN: Dida; Zambrotta, Maldini, Favalli, Jankulovski; Beckham, Pirlo, Flamini; Seedorf, Kakà; Inzaghi.

7. acecode47

acecode47 Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Jeddah
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Official starting line-up:
    Dida
    Zambrotta Favalli Maldini Jankulovski
    Beckham Pirlo Flamini
    Seedorf Kaka'
    Inzaghi

8. Aranycsapat

Aranycsapat New Member

May 27, 2009
    Padova, Italy
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    0-0 HT

I can't get a decent stream, but listening to the radio it seems that Milan is not suffering...

9. James Bond

James Bond New Member

May 26, 2005
    New Zealand
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Flamini yellow carded for an (involuntary - IMO) hand ball

10. Aranycsapat

Aranycsapat New Member

May 27, 2009
    Padova, Italy
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fiorentina started better the second half, dangerous attack by Gilardino...I hope Milan is not only waiting for the end of the match :(

11. Aranycsapat

Aranycsapat New Member

May 27, 2009
    Padova, Italy
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    looking good, barring a late collapse, cl automatic spot is ours.

overall, we've played pretty well given the quality of the opponent, being away at a tough venue and how much is at stake for them. controlled the tempo for the most part barring a few stretches where they admittedly had the upper hand

13. James Bond

James Bond New Member

May 26, 2005
    New Zealand
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    PATOOOOOOOOOOO GOALLLLLLLL

Fio 0 2 Milan

14. Aranycsapat

Aranycsapat New Member

May 27, 2009
    Padova, Italy
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nesta & Gattuso in for Favalli and Beckham.

15. James Bond

James Bond New Member

May 26, 2005
    New Zealand
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Full time. 0-2

We're back :cool:

16. Aranycsapat

Aranycsapat New Member

May 27, 2009
    Padova, Italy
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok, we're officially qualified for the Champion's League group stage.

There was a standing ovation for Maldini when the teams come to the pitch, and Frey gave to him a "target". So it was a better conclusion than one week ago...

17. KyleP

KyleP Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Can't believe we won't see Maldini, Paolo that is, if his son makes it, in a Milan shirt again. :(
    Really is the end of an era.

18. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Good, solid win and a right send off for Maldini, Ancelotti and who knows who else.

Nice game by Kaka - I hope he stays. Awesome to see Rinoa and Alessandro back on the pitch.

FORZA MILAN!!!

19. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Highlights + Maldini goodbye

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LrMOe957r8"]YouTube - Fiorentina 0 2 AC Milan + Maldini's Goodbye Scene HQ 2009[/ame]

20. Brady24

Brady24 Member

Sep 20, 2007
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Addio Gran Capitano!

[​IMG]
    Although Baresi, Scirea and Vierchowod were great, IMO Maldini was the best. I will miss watching his style of play. Defenders like him come once every 10/20 years. Watching Milan without him is just not the same......