[R] Germany vs. Tunesia [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by HeyaBVB, Jun 18, 2005.

1. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    even better : Huth at the Weserstadion :)

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    No no no you are all wrong: Huth at the Olympiastadion, duh :D

3. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hmm, i would prefer Friedrich :D (and Mertesacker) at the Weserstadion

4. shutoutj

shutoutj New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Rome, Georgia
    lol, that was no penalty. It was a dive by Ballack. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to win, but it was not a foul. The defender stuck his leg in front of Ballack's leg and Ballack made it look like he had been fouled.

It should have been 2:0
    BTW fantastic run and finish from Schweinsteiger and a world-class pass from Podolski.
    Congrats to Hanke on his first international goal as well.
    But the scoreline is deceptive in this case. Tunisia played well throughout the whole match.

5. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Friedrich against Australia too :eek:

6. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ahhh he's suspended for next match...maybe Hinkel will get a chance at RB.

ANd fail :D

7. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
  8. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    I thought Ballack made a meal of that to win a penalty. He dived on the man's leg. Before that, Germany seemed to be struggling for a goal.
    What is worrying is the senior players just don't seem to be up for it like the youngsters - Podolski, Schweinsteiger and Hanke - were the most impressive. OK Hanke didn't get a long time on the pitch, but his style and enthusiasm is what makes him, for me personally, a good player to watch. The Podolski-Schweinsteiger combination looks pretty hot too.

As I have said before and will say it again, Asamoah is rubbish and so is Huth.

9. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    look like now poldoski secures his place. We don't need bradic when Klose comes back. Man, this is the german team that has best striker force after klinsmann and voeller retired.

10. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    About the Ballack Penalty, ZDF has one of the best Referees of the World (URS MEIER) as expert, he made it clear, That was a penalty

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Whether Ballack made a meal of it or not is not the issue, it was a penalty and the defender was at fault for sticking his leg out.

Boring match but once again it's great to see Podolski and Schweinsteiger play well again together.

12. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    It seems to me that the German national team is desperate for penalties, as shown by both games played so far. Looking nervous and not in control until taking advantage of such situations.
    The defence seems more than a trifle shaky at times and Klinsmann needs to sort this out. Does he really not see this problem, including Huth?

Thumbs up for the other younger players though. Be even better attacking if and when Lahm gets back.

13. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah, that is the problem at the end.

Hopefully Owomoyela plays RV next game. :D

and Klinsi should let Borowski play

14. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If thats being desperate for penalties, same can be said for Argentina.

It was a penalty despite Ballack's exageration.

15. mcweiss

mcweiss Member

Sep 8, 2003
    LI, New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I must have been watching a different match than everyone else judging by the comments in the forum...my comments:

Lehmann : Clearly now better choice than O. Kahn, but I hope Timo gets a game during this tournament...
    A. Friedrich : Effective play but failed to dominate the wing play like the last game. This was due to the defensive set-up performance - particularly Huth and Hitz.
    Mertesacker: Solid, however did not move forward because he was always covering Huth's sloppy play and bad man-marking.
    Huth: I do not know what the f-ing fascination is with this guy. He does not read the game well enough to be our starting back, even if the fans chant his name...
    Hitzlsperger: Should be relegated to the bench. Had many sloppy passes and did not defend well. Should kiss Jens' ass for saving him on the post - perhaps some should let him know exactly why he is standing there in the first place.
    Deisler : At times sloppy, and a times brilliant. Covers well on defense as well. As long as his sloppy play does not cost us and his brilliant play provides scoring opportunities, he is key to our success.
    Frings: Sucked. Someone should tell this guy that Ballack is there to press forward and you are there to sure up the defense and plug up the counter. Know your role in the formation. Ernst is a better option and should be starting ahead of Frings.
    Schweinsteiger: A shell of the man that lit up the Aussies, however got it right when it counted which is what makes a good intl. player.
    Ballack: Solid, but still has not hit stride yet. Got visibly irritated at his own players on the pitch which is not a good sign of leadership skills as kapitan. His clear passion needs to be channeled better in the future.
    Asamoah: Ordinary. Showed some pace at times and looks like a lot to handle and then just slows the game with his play. It looked like Deisler expected him to make some runs that never happened.
    Podolski: Same as Bastian...
    Kuranyi: At times I actually forgot he was playing in the match...
    Hanke: Great Intl. debut. Great Tor! I would like him to get more playing time given the form of Kuranyi and Asamoah's chemistry, but then again I also think Benni Lauth should have a place up front. Looks like we are still a stike force by committee for now.
    Schneider: looked old and slow. I now put him in the same category as Kahn. Great WC2002, but has lost that form.

Suggestions for the match against Argentina:
    I would like to get Huth out of the line-up but there is nobody that we can replace him with...let Timo play even though Lehmann was solid...Move Ernst into Frings' role (possibly also inject Borowski into the lineup). I guess Owomoyela has to come in for Arne because of suspension. Start Pololski and Hanke up front together to give the youth of the team a chance of chemistry, since this game really does not count...

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Looks like Timo is getting a start against Argentina. This is his chance to shine and I hope he does well.

17. HerrRupert

HerrRupert BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 4, 2005
    madras
    i disagree he was always average there are better alternatives at his position

btw whatever happened to metzelder is he coming back in the nt?

18. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  19. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Completely disagree. I can't tell you how strongly I disagree with that.

Nice words don't cover it......

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two reasons you don't see Metzelder:

1) He's not ready yet. He's nowhere near national team form. Forget his name and watch his game.

2) No Dortmund players were called up for this "Practice Cup". They have to get ready for Intertoto competition.

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcweiss
    Lehmann : Clearly now better choice than O. Kahn, but I hope Timo gets a game during this tournament...

I was surprised to see someone acknowledge that Jens Lehmann CLEARLY out-played Oliver Kahn. Props to you "mcweiss"!!

Timo worshippers might be a bit surprised against Argentina. Especially with the shaky German back line.

You will see that it's not a coincidence that Stuttgart's defense was finally weakened this season and Hildebrand had an average season at best.

11th best in the Bundesliga according to "kicker".

I hope by the time next year rolls around, Klinsi also looks at Enke, Jentzch and Weidenfeller for the future.

I think Hildebrand is severely overrated.......

22. mcweiss

mcweiss Member

Sep 8, 2003
    LI, New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Danke...even though I am a Bayern supporter, I can be realistic about Kahn. Personally, I think R. Weidenfeller has not got enough respect for holding BVB together this year. If there is anyone who should be considered based on current for it should be him. The sad reality is that a keeper without legit Euro Intl. experience (i.e. CL play) will probably not get a serious look...