[R] Feilhaber: AGF at Randers FC, 7/27 1.00PM EDT

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Tonerl, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    someones got to rep a Grover Cleveland reference. any highlights anywhere? thanks to everyone who helped with the PBP.

2. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    check out AGFs website http://www.agffodbold.dk/?menuid=1, the video in the upper right. Has nothing to do with Benny or this game but the music they chose for a highlight film is just outrageously funny. It sounds like Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass Band mixed in with a little polka music for good measure.

The music is so funny I thought it was going to be a blooper tape and they went with that music instead of the Benny Hill music.

3. mattygp

mattygp New Member

May 6, 2006
  4. arsynic

arsynic Red Card

Jan 2, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    Benny was declared man of the match by one of these dutch websites, so it looks like hes certainly being noticed over there. heres hoping to a great season in prep for next summer and a great WC to move him back to a big team

5. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been a big Benny critic but his turnaround has been one of the best stories of the year.

6. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Want a cheese dutch with your morning coffee?

7. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
  8. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The highlights are now also on youtube :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4LtEHpDZQY"]YouTube - Randers FC - AGF, 27 Juli 2009[/ame]

9. Digs

Digs Member

Sep 9, 2007
    I love these high quality highlights on the Danish site.

10. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    what a dempsey goal. falling down, side of the foot, side netting.

11. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was actually thinking of Bradley, ghosting into the box late after the defense was out of shape because of the buildup out wide.

12. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    Recognizing this is one game against Danish league competition...

Makes me wonder if we see Benny tried on the left side for the US Men. Would give us some options to move Donovan or Dempsey up top.

13. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    he had said that they did this because Randers did not attack wide. He says that he feels more comfortable centrally.

14. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    he can def attack from a wide position- but he is worried about defending from a wide position. He is not particularly fast.

15. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Actually he was defending from a wide position in this match and mainly attacking through the center, which worked perfectly fine... AGF were using two defensive minded players in central midfield, one of them (Lucena) being a very hard working box-to-box midfielder, so with the help of Feilhaber (and Poulsen on thr right wing), they were squashing the normally very attacking minded Randers central midfield, leaving them very little possession, which then also made it a difficult task for the Randers wingers....

16. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    in the US we think of Benny as mainly an offensive player with lovely ball skills. What would you say watching him in Denmark??

17. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    To this I'd add: outstanding composure when tightly marked, combined with his balls skills he can hold possession effectively, very good field vision, and highly accurate passing.

Would also love to hear your opinion, Ceres.