[R] Crew @ Mid-Michigan Bucks :: Post-Game

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Foosinho, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Own Goal came in the 88th minute, Eric Nelson.

3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I'd take some silverware.

4. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    The Crew did what they needed to do, it was good to hear Sigi run out a few squad players too.

5. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The nay-sayers will say these guys ain't division 1 quality. I say scoring more than one against *anybody* is something to build on. I decline to be depressed or unsatisfied about winning an Open Cup game.

6. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4-1 is a good result, no matter which way you cut it. Way to go Crew! Way to go Rozental.

Three players all got their first goal of the year tonight (Ezra, Becerra, and Thomas). This is the type of game that could give us some goal-scoring confidence heading into the DC match this weekend.

7. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    sounded like a good game... too bad I couldnt make it there. (hate, to say it but I was hoping to see DC come to town).

8. foozer

foozer Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Indy
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A win is a win, and goals are goals; nevermind who the opponent was. Perhaps this can start the ball rolling again. We've got some points to make up on the rest of the East, and this will serve as a good confidence booster. We've already taken the top team in the West down at their place. Scum- we're coming for you.

9. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

Unfortunately the team we are playing at the weekend got a decent result tonight as well.

10. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Des Moines just tied up the KC game 1-1!!!

11. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously they'll be overconfident after that, and unprepared for our new goal-scoring prowess! :D

12. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More goals for Crew players tonight! Andrew Gregor scored for Seattle in overtime against Carolina.

Summing up all Crew and ex-Crew goals:
    -Jeff Cunningham and Andy Williams both scored for RSL last night
    -Alex Pineda Chacon scored for Atlanta tonight
    -Ezra, Becerra, and Thomas scored for us tonight, with 3 assists for Rozental and an own goal tossed in for good measure
    -Andrew Gregor scored for Seattle tonight

13. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since we now have an interest in this competition, here's how the 4th round is shaping up:

New England Revolution (MLS) at Rochester Rhinos (USL-1)
    Colorado Rapids (MLS) at Real Salt Lake (MLS)
    FC Dallas (MLS) at Charleston Battery (USL-1)
    Columbus Crew (MLS) at D.C. United (MLS)
    New York Red Bulls (MLS) at Wilmington Hammerheads (USL-2)
    Des Moines/Kansas City at Chicago
    Seattle/Carolina at Houston
    Roma/Chivas at LA Galaxy

US Soccer will probably announce the quarterfinal match-ups tomorrow. If they keep it geographical, the winner of the DC/Crew game may wind up with the Chicago game winner.

14. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, for any Crew fans out east who might be interested:

August 2, 7:30 p.m. EST
    Maryland Soccerplex; Germantown, Maryland

15. HardestWorkingFan

HardestWorkingFan Piss on the F*re

Oct 29, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    ...and Scott Sealy just put KC back ahead in the dying moments.

16. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was listening to that. Wow, what a way to end a game! Sucks for Des Moines, they're an awesome team.

New England Revolution (MLS) at Rochester Rhinos (USL-1)
    Colorado Rapids (MLS) at Real Salt Lake (MLS)
    FC Dallas (MLS) at Charleston Battery (USL-1)
    New York Red Bulls (MLS) at Wilmington Hammerheads (USL-2)
    Kansas City Wizards (MLS) at Chicago Fire (MLS)
    Carolina Dynamo (PDL) at Houston Dynamo (MLS)
    Roma/Chivas at LA Galaxy

Just one more game to go tonight. Carolina is the final survivor from the PDL, and Wilmington is the final survivor from the USL-2. Only 2 teams from USL-1 advanced, and it looks like MLS will make it through unscathed so far, unless Chivas loses tonight.

17. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Carolina and Wilminton win the $10k for being the last team in there divisions. I know it doesn't sound like much but Im sure its a great influx for both teams.

mikey

18. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually, I think PDL and USASA are grouped together at an "amateur" level, so Carolina won't get their check until Roma loses tonight. Though it looks like Roma and Chivas are tied 0-0 at the half.

Salt Lake needed an extra 30 minutes yesterday to win. KC waited until the 93rd minute tonight to win, and Chivas is still tied with Roma. Our 4-1 victory looks pretty good compared to the other MLS teams.

19. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got into work after the game. I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the Crew. For much of the game they played lackluster, without passion. I'm not sure if this is a symptom of playing such a lower division side. Maybe they find it hard to get up for small teams. But considering how poorly they've been playing in the league, you'd think they would have been chomping at the bit to take it to the Bucks. That simply wasn't the case.

The Bucks had the run of play in the first half and were unlucky not to go into halftime with a lead. The Crew really didn't start pushing forward with vigor until well into the 2nd half. And they really got moving when Jacob Thomas was inserted. Until then, the only player with any real hustle up to that point was Vasquez. He continued to drive things from the midfield and was the only vocal player out there.

I'm not sure what the Crew's problem is. It seems like something bad has creeped into this team. It was palpable, whatever "it" was.

Still, I'm glad they got the win. Here's hoping that from this they can take some confidence into DC this weekend.

I had a lot of fun at the game hanging out with Dave Brull and Brook. I met Chelsea and Eric. Didn't meet Danza, but saw that he was there. And there was some rastafarian ragamuffin dude that seemed a bit reclusive. I'm not sure who that cat was. All in all, it was nice to finally put faces to login handles.

The wife has given me the green light to plan a trip down to C-bus. So some of you may soon be seeing me in your town.

20. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My bad, this match will be played on Tuesday, August 1.

21. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    still 0-0 between Chivas and Roma, but Ante Razov just got a red card!

22. pbsharp

pbsharp Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Troy, MI
    For those that missed the audio feed, Jacob Thomas forced the own goal with a move on the goal line and a cross to Kei Kamara (I think) that defected off a defender and in.

To echo Pathogen, the Crew started playing once Thomas was brought on. He strikes me as a player that goes 100% no matter who the competition, a true pro.

Great night overall.

Paul.

23. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, we only missed about a minute or two of audio, but when it came back, the score was magically 4-1. Glad to hear that Thomas was responsible for the cross. He's the man! I'm glad he's finally back from his injury.

And speaking of which, Rozental went the full 90 tonight!

24. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seb went the full 90. But he was hacked down hard a couple of times. I don't think they were trying to hurt him, they were just tough challenges that were miss-timed.

25. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More ex-Crew goodness in the Chivas-Roma game tonight. Razov got a red card, and the game finished 0-0 after 120 minutes. Roma won on pk's 4-2, with none other than Dominic Schell making the final clinching pk!