(R) BeIN stupidity rant (ACN spoilers within)

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Art Deco, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People actually thought Juve would lose the Scudetto?

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Speaking of spoilers, score updates and goal highlights of the Barca match were shown on the channels showing the Madrid match a minute before they were shown on the "live" broadcast of the Barca match. :eek:

Christ, BeIN, get your shit sorted! Did you really have to post the score update of the Barca match immediately? o_O

3. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I'm not gonna defend BeIN here necessarily, and I'm as anti-spoiler as anyone, but unless this was your first time streaming a live event you have to know that streaming events ALWAYS run approximately one minute behind the live action. Unless you're without a DVR, I'm not sure why you didn't pause the Real Madrid match for a minute so it would sync up with Barca on Connect.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The long story:
    I was watching at a bar so couldn't control the situation (the TVs showing the two matches were side-by-side).

And why did I watch at a bar?
    - BeIN doesn't work with Google Chrome since BeIN streaming is 12th century technology and I don't want to watch a big match on my 3 inch phone screen .

And why did I have to stream the Barca match at home?
    - Both BeIN1 and BeIN espanol were showing the Madrid match.

The short story:
    Same BeIN shit, different day. What has it been, five years of existence now and still worse than NBCSN was on Day 1 of its Premiership coverage! :mad: