Alert: [R] Arsenal versus Liverpool March 3, 7:45 am

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Romfordray, Feb 26, 2012.

1. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Are you Luiz Suarez in disguise?

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have a point, BUT you seem to be glossing over his injury history. Touch wood, but this is the first year in a long, long time that he's played most of the season, most of the games.

He's really matured nicely both in skills and temperament (remember the nasty petulant RVP after he came to us?) and he has my full respect now (which he didn't used to back then)

So I'm really hoping he'll stay, but I'd be pretty damn surprised if he was as healthy, available and vital in the last part of his career, as Giggs has been.

PLEASE prove me wrong Robin! :D

3. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

At some point last year, some on this board were clamoring to have these two
    clowns at Arsenal. Glad Arsene knew better.

4. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Everyone knows he has a special connection to Anfield. Clearly, he's biased. :rolleyes:

:p :D

5. vivairan2009

vivairan2009 New Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Captain Vantastic does it again. Even though we've had a rough season, great away victories at Chelsea and Liverpool, destroying Tottenham last weekend, and still being in 4th place, it'll be enough for me. Go on you gooners!

6. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgot to give a shout to Bacary Sagna. I have ripped his offensive contributions in the past, but he put one in the net last game and his cross today was pinpoint accurate. He also saved a potential goal by dispossessing one of the Pool players in the box. Pretty good showing from #3 today.

7. VAGunner74

VAGunner74 Member

Feb 27, 2010
    South Riding, VA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We got too many calls? Ive got a bridge to sell you my friend. Saurez's overbite made him fall over..that was no penalty. He should go back to what he's best at..racially abusing players.

8. VAGunner74

VAGunner74 Member

Feb 27, 2010
    South Riding, VA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe your players should have called us all negros. That's something Liverpool excels at. Why play the game when you use racial remarks and give the finger to fans..such a proud club.

9. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Liverpool FC - 30 goals
    Robin van Persie - 25 goals

10. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Suarez seemed to disappear after TV5 took a piece of him from behind. Can Suarez be intimidated by physical play? Because if so, it should have happened a lot earlier in the game.

Arsenal won a game today when they didn't play well. Teams are always going to have off days and great teams are able to grind out wins even when their form is poor. Its something Arsenal haven't done a lot of in the last seven years.

11. VAGunner74

VAGunner74 Member

Feb 27, 2010
    South Riding, VA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think the entire EPL is seeing what kind of player and person Suarez is..good luck to Liverpool trying to sell that piece of garbage.

12. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    This says it all.

The whinging about Suarez is pathetic, btw.

13. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ooh to ooh to be

14. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, if spuds weren't ahead of us in the table I would be rooting for what I normally root for when those two clubs play -- a meteor to hit the stadium.

15. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i thought it was crazy how no liverpool players were booked for dissent, given how demonstrative they were. i'm a big fan of kuyt but he really should have been booked when he went nuts on the play that he chested the ball to kelly.

this might be due to my personal bias (i despise suarez and hate the motion of calling for a card) but when he flopped over and called for a card against koscielny, i thought he should have been carded.

16. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i still wouldn't be opposed to that. :D

17. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I feel embarrassed for Suarez but it's not enough. Fans should never forget all he's done. He's a rotten piece of shit excuse for a human being and should be shamed every minute he's on the pitch.

18. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i wish there was a way i could appropriately express how much i agree with this.

19. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  20. JKGooner

JKGooner Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with the sentiment with regards to Suarez, and I do think it was a dive.

However, when ESPN did the slo-mo blowup, it was clear that the (decidedly minimal) contact was shin-to-shin.

22. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There is the small matter of Suarez being airborne and going to ground when the contact occurred.

23. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The .gif seems to say that he shouldn't be holding his shin. Arseblogger made reference to this habit of his, as well (holding his shins when he goes down regardless of where contact, if any, is made). I was just pointing out that there was contact and it was with his shin, so while he's still a diving horse toothed racist cheater, the fact that he holds his shin in this instance is nothing special to mock. There's plenty of real things to make fun of with regards to Suarez.

24. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yikes. Maybe I need to hold off on posting until I get this brief turned in. Brief-itis turns me into a raging jackass.

25. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The sick thing is that EVERY player making moves in Penalty area
    is PRAYING for contact, makes me sick almost every PK awarded.