Rückrunde.2019////BMG

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 14, 2019.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was hoping Ken would guide this thread and do the honor for 2019 but???:thumbsdown::whistling::cautious::cautious::eek::eek::cool:
    Anyway we have a tough game against an old foe with a new coach...They boys have not shown any signs of strength either during the winter friendlieso_O:confused::sick:
    A win is crucial for us on the road against an opponent that we have struggled against many times in the past...if we are really looking into international stages next season.Can we pick it up in the 2nd half of the season in style and create the much needed momentum we lost after crashing to BVB????I certainleyhope so:ninja::ninja::alien::ninja::ninja:

2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been busy--and am getting over a bad cold (since before Christmas). We shall see what the new year brings. This is the year to challenge, I fear, as I expect to lose players during the summer.

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is sooooo weird,b/c i edited my 1initial post then posted it above ,i wish i hadn't tho...i mentioned the same thing and how it seems like we would be losing many key players for different reasons...too many times we have discussed this and no point beating the hell out of it plus i didnt wanna jinx our season opener:cautious:o_O:eek:.But i feel you my friend i feel the same way and that its business as usual ( in a bad way) here at Gladbach:sick::speechless::speechless::unsure:

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's who we are, unfortunately. But Bayern is having a down year, which opens it up for a handful of other teams--which we are included in.

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its who we are...and thats why i am a Borusse.If Hoppenheim comes Hammer's out Hollywood and BVB takes care of RBL...then our game against the bill phushers becomes that much more important!
    o_O:rolleyes::eek::D:cautious::x3::ninja::alien::devilish::devilish::devilish:

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody's got to beat BVB at some point though. They have a large lead right now.

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My apologies...i ment if RBL takes care of BVB and Hoff beats Hollywood...then we would have a great opportunity right from the very start.Mentally speaking our game against B04 is critical and almost like a 6 pointer if u ask me !
    If you ask me both RBL and Hoff our capable of taking care of their opponents...and the odd customer is Gladbach vs B04.I can see both those results happen in our fav and us not being able to pocket all 3 points :whistling::cautious::cautious::eek::eek::thumbsdown::alien::ninja::ninja::alien:
    I still see Hollywood as the fav title contender...unless BVB can put 7-9 points of seperation between them and 2nd place till the very end!
    :sneaky:

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game is on FS1 at 9:30 AM on Saturday, EST.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  10. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take that result and get out of town.

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed.

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well luck is also part of the game and life ( sometimes for the good and sometimes well...)
    Exceptional win to start off the 2nd half of the season and against non other than B04...we have not won a single game there in many many moons...so i cant complain.We needed this win very bad...and finally we are showing signs of that chusion and point seperation in the Buli table:eek::D:cautious:
    I was really hoping Hoppenheim and RB could also inflict some damage to their respectable opponents...but it never happened!
    We could have scored a few more as well ...and we missed them all by inches:confused:
    The build up game that resulted in the 1-0 was very clinical:speechless::ninja::ninja::speechless:
    :alien::devilish::alien:

13. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't recall a BMG side that looked as slow and sluggish all game as that one did. They had 3 great chances. Plea scored, Elvedi was denied by a good save and Hofmann missed by inches. Other than that...........it was hard to find any of them but Yann-since the cameras focused on Bayer moving through their midfield and firing shots at Sommer-and crossbars-almost at will. GREAT to see Ginter back out there, and w/o a mask at that ! Warrior.

I suppose the result makes up for better efforts that ended in futility on previous occasions.
    Nevertheless; Gladbach needs to rediscover their sea legs in time for Augsburg on the weekend.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  14. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Augie looked like the inverse of last week for a long while. "Glad" they managed to pull through at the end. The break seems to have taken away the flow of the team that they had prior..........though it was good to see Cuisance back. All subs spot on, but Zacharia---->Plea seemed late. You can tell he is still laboring from his injury a week ago.

Question:
    If Stindl is healthy. On the field. At the time a PK is given. Why is anybody else but him taking it? *Incl. Hazard.

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sometimes u have no option but to believe the entire team including Hecking areon a Cool-Aide diet...if this was against a heavy weight opponent or during a game that had crucial impact on end-season table standing's and Millions of Euros...why the fackkkkkkk a PK that can change the entire teams/clubs dynamics will be left alone for someone like Jonas with zero or next to none scoring technikal skills???Id love to hear a loggical opinion/comment here???
    :(:confused::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::sick::sick::sick::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What better opponent than VFB to nail down Hollywood in shackles this evening????
    :laugh::ninja::ninja::laugh:

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...tats-weston-mckennie-thorgan-hazard-3117-1947

Schalke vs. Borussia Mönchengladbach: probable line-ups, match stats and LIVE blog!

Ok guys back on the road and up against a very tough monkey that has not moved an inch off our back!!!!:speechless::whistling::eek::rolleyes:

It would be huge to come away with points against S04:ninja::cautious::cautious::eek::eek::ninja:
    I like hazard and he seems to be back in the line up....but seems we do ok without him as well:whistling::whistling::whistling:

18. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Expect him to be among many gone in the summer. Never a favorite of mine, but having a better year. Get what you can out of him with an eye on CL and get some decent value for him when he goes. He won't be alone. To follow a club like this one, it seems you have to get used to the idea that every successful year will be followed by a rebuilding one. Max needs some stiffer RC's in his deals with the in-comings. As to the Schalke-seltzers...........injuries give BMG a better chance than their play of late would indicate. Need to see the most complete effort of the 2nd half to date in order to come away with all 3 points. Might think about sitting Allesane out of this one. Go with Lars up top and support with Thor and others. Oh; if somebody could fine Traore's radar and adjust it right quick....................

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  19. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Match is on Fox Sports 2 in North America at 12:30 pm on Saturday.

20. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a vital weekend's final tilt....................job done. Up to 2 again.

Kramer vs. Kramer.............#6 loses the argument: That will end up a Neuhaus brace.

1st time this season I can recall being unhappy with the XI selected. Saw why.

DH has been on a roll of getting the subs right...........and once again came up Aces-though I wonder why he kept Patrick on the pine for so long after the DOGSO. Thanks for the ketchup Mr. Fritz ! Road W +clean sheet = good sports weekend. :D

* Think that American kid for Schalke broke his leg at the end..........shame for him. Get well soon.

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea i was wondering about Herrmann as well????
    Also Neuhaus ...not sure why he was not in the starting XI???But seems like Hecking is doing something right or at least the football gods are watching over us more often than before:devilish:
    And that Christoph man...he scored something similar without any assist though a while back.
    Anyways happy both Hollywood and BVB lost points.
    We are finally getting the kind of seperation i like in the Buli table:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    ;):ROFLMAO::eek:o_O:ninja::ninja::alien::alien::ninja::ninja:

22. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #22 LuckyStriker, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019

Because he wasn't very good at home last week-that's why.

You can see Hecking is playing a bit of a Chemistry professor game to game with this bunch. Plea is useless right now-with Hazard back in the mix I would have thought getting some speed on the opposite wing would be paramount. Especially with the way 04's amoebic midfield set their trap/counter game up so perfectly against a sluggish Strobl and ineffective Zakaria. Last week, Denis provided a spark. This? Utterly ineffective. It seemed like the seltzers were getting perilously close to pinching bad passes in Gladbach's end and stealing this one. Fortunately; BMG abandoned their stubbornness of insisting to play out of the back long enough to bang some balls over the top of their midfield and loosen the pressure up a bit.

Once their keeper "didn't get there" the only question was whether they had anything left with creativity to break them down. A "lucky" deflection sealed the deal.............but this was the first game in awhile I thought Rafa's contributions were sorely missed. With the way the Royal's defended in their end when they had to...........#11 at the start of this might have meant the game would have been over by half.

These are the kinds of games I hate to see them come up short in. No reason why they shouldn't have prevailed under the circumstances-and thankfully they did. Maybe somebody is watching over them. I say to whomever that may be: Please don't take your eyes off the ball for a long while..........................

23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No info about that anywhere. We'll see.... Hope he's ok.

24. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    what's going? who saw that coming? I certainly didn't... all my pre-season-doubts more or less ended in smoke

+ last summer I wrote that Thor isn't good enough for the TOP20 clubs... well, now he is
    + after failed attemps with Mlapa, de Jong, Hrgota, Drmic... Borussia finally got the missing puzzle in front (Plea), an ice cold finisher and a threat even when not perfectly integrated in combination-play
    + the double-eight is working offensively (Hofmann looks like being treated with several revitalizing heart injections) but at the same time not spoiling our defensive stability (how did Hecking accomplish this? especially compared to last season when the cogs didn't mesh at all... for months!)
    in summer I wrote that Hecking (giving his paygrade and his experience) had to come up with SOMETHING... I had my doubts but well, he did, thanks for that!

but the key word is defence: 18 goals against... the best overall defense (along with RB)... Wendt looks better than ever (at 33!), Ginter & Strobl without frills but almost always providing stability... in summer I was quite sure about Elvedi's enormous speed being an asset for the future but not about his positional play (and heading) on his new CB-postion... well, excellent job! huge step! he even looks more and more as elegant as Christensen!
    and Sommer: much much better than the last two seasons and most likely the best goalkeeper of the Hinrunde
    [I would liked to re-play the BVB-game with Ginter & Elvedi in central defence... I wasn't particularly impressed by Favre's team and there would have been more in it for us I guess...]

ok, sometimes it looks a little bit like the dices are just falling in our favour... then you get confidence and some things appear like running by themselves...
    and often it's not exactly pure fun to watch
    but certainly it's good enough for me!
    last season I wrote that the Favre-legacy is gone... now a lot reminds me of that period again... the matches are often viscious... often playing the waiting game... not pushing, no hectic at all... just patiently looking for the briefly opening spaces... patient but attentive until the endphase of the games... the 2-0 yesterday was exceptional: minutes of total ball control with innumarable contacts and then smartly finishing it off

while it looked like having no plan at all last season the team now looks like having a plan even in matches where it is inferior and under pressure (L'kusen)... inferior but still bringing the points home... even still scoring all the possible points in Rückrunde whilst some players (Plea, Neuhaus, Hofmann, Lang) at the moment are obviously not bringing their A-game

p.s.
    12 consecutive home wins (which equalled the record under Heynckes in the eighties)!

p.p.s.
    we suck at penalties! ;-)

p.p.p.s.
    [McKennie: heavily bruised muscle]

25. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Bananenflanke

I thought you were dead. Seriously.
    Said prayers for you and everything.
    Good to hear from you on the boards again.