Rückrunde//2018//BMG

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 15, 2018.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So what happened last night???
    Just saw the game.
    Gladbach out coached and out played by the goat.Hecking had no answer for koln's high field pressing and the fact that the entire game they had 2/3 players ready on the ball or before the ball was heading to our intended receiver.They seemed like double in numbers..every u looked only thing u could see was white and red kits!!!!Stindl and Herrmann and Krammer were totally invisible and toothless...and Hazard of course did what he does best..run and run and run with he's head down and watching his feet...advice for u boy great storm players always keep their head up and cover the field ( phewwww if i know it then why dont u??) Veste was involved in both goals and if luck was more on koln's side he could have even gift wrapped another 2. Sommer also displayed he's sugar fingers once again...wow!
    Borussia came to life for a short period when Raffa came on ( thank u lucian Favre for convincing DUMB max Eberl to sign him) what would we do once he is gone??? Clearly we lack a full on storm player with ice cold killing intincts...one thing is obvious nobody at the moment can score like Raffa does not even Stindl on a very good day...how much longer Eberl would keep his massive neckless head into his aRsss and not address this issue???
    And finally cuisance should have been on that field from get go...the kid brings so much fight and firing power to this team.Big mistake by Herr Hecking....and to lose it in the final closing sec's of stoppage time was just icing on the cake.Well done koln they really didnt give us a chance at any point to have possession nor did we connect and create any combination's if our lives depended on it...we simply defended and at some rare points had some runs toward's their box but we were so scared and clumsy and rushed as if we could'nt believe we are close to their goal or box so we just wanted to kick the ball as fast as possible and hope for the best ( not this time and not against this koln team sorry)...clear example Mr.Herrmann and Stindl...players at this caliber ...wow just makes u wonder????
    Oh well the story continues on as it always has been!!!!!
    :whistling::whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:(:(:(

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh and considering what happened in other games...well all u need to know is look at the results/table!!!! :(
    This was the perfect night to create some distance and seperation with the teams that our chasing us...but that aint our style we like to make things complicated and for it to go down to the wire...why prepare in advance during games that we actually have a great chance and not under massive pressure???? Nah that would be too easy...only wise teams/coaching staff's can hammer such concept into their MO!
    :mad::confused::mad:

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thank's to Kloppo i came back to earth and was reminded what real football looks/feels like o_O:speechless::speechless::whistling: Reminded me of how Gladbach used to play in 60's and 70's like a "Hurricane":ninja::(:thumbsdown:
    I suggest Hecking ( even Donn Jupp can show this to Hollywood players) showing this clip during briefing for our so called "fohlenelf " ( lets not disrupt this with EPL deep pockets..nobody is comparing them 1 to 1 as a squad and their pricetag..but u just expect more from our players )

https://www.footbie.com/video/liverpool-4-3-man-city-full-highlights-hd-epl-2017-18

4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    you're so right... and I admire your ability to discuss these matters so soon after this horrible incident in the city of Hennes VIII
    I was paralyzed for some days... couldn't talk and think about soccer at all
    I heard that the riot act was read to the team for over and hour on monday (followed by a bike tour... it was a windy and rainy day at the Lower Rhine)
    there was a strange vibe around the club and the supporters, too
    and Hecking and Eberl got a little bit thin-skinned
    yes we were the better team AND we should have a gotten a penalty, but that just sounds like a cheap excuse...

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    so that's how it is: up down up down up down ... and again (don't say nobody has warned you ;-)
    we look stable and hard-boiled on the road but -before we get used to it- we start to suck (against 'weak' opponents)
    matches in which we fight and press are followed by lame and aenemic performances
    then the supporters demand: "there has to be a reaction"... and ... we beat Augsburg, an opponent we usually look pretty bad against, just like that!... and players like Hazard declare "we wanted to show a reaction" ...
    but we all know: the match after which the same 'game' starts over again isn't far away ... there just is no consistency
    why is that? is it Hecking who fails to implement a match concept? (then again there aren't many Bundesliga-managers who do better in this regard) OR is it the team which has an attitude problem? (I mean: when the pressure gets high they suddenly 'deliver') or is it just the tight league which creates these swings?
    it's not that I or many others are dissatisfied... but something just feels wrong...
    THERE IS JUST ONE!!! (scary! what does that tell us about Bundesliga? ;-))) TEAM IN THE LEAGUE WHO HAS MORE POINTS THAN THE MIGHTY BORUSSIA... so why complain or even care? maybe it's just that the fear of sudden decline is quite vivid... like Hazard said: "You have to prove yourself anew each match"... if you loose, you're eighth... and if you loose AGAIN...............................

à propos HAZARD: he drives me crazy!
    his speed, his technical skills, his wonderful goals, his willingness to accept responsibility: smashing!... on the one hand
    and his resurgent disastrous failure to score the easy ones, the 'simple' goals on the other hand... crazy! "Aim low, you always aim high!" Ginter told him before (and he scored low)
    and CUISANCE... maybe it's time to put him out of the window ... don't wake the money clubs ;-)))... his mind already is ripe for Bundesliga-soccer (his body is not, in the last third of the game -like Dahoud in his first season- he looks like somebody has pulled the plug) even though he still has more to learn... especially what his actions mean for the stability of the team... exactly when creativity is imperative and when not... but they are impressed how fast he learns
    still, for me Zak (he definitely doesn't have an attitude problem ;-.) is the player who impresses me most and who by no means I would take out, and not solely because Kramer is more off than on...

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The thing is our team ( or any team) cant perform at a standard min in a very demanding league like the Buli week in and week out...and we don't have replacement's on the same level to rotate them in the mix.I think both u and i have a problem with the "process" of losing and how we manage to get ourselves mangled eh??? I know for a fact this team cant carry this load thru the entire season...but its the fashion we lose and "walk in da park style ' scoring opportunities which we cant score...and when that happens we all crawl back into that dark hole...the kind of "sinus and cosinus" diagram we have managed to produce for so many decades...great games followed by even greater declines!
    :confused::mad::(:oops:o_O:eek::cautious::speechless::sneaky::sick::ninja::devilish::alien:

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely love "Cuisance" the guy does it all period.He's fast strong technical and really wears he's heart on he's sleeves for Borussia....reminds me of the true old Gladbachers.Like to see him in a 3 man chain.
    I put him easily above Kramer at the moment no problem!!!!

:devilish::devilish::alien::alien::devilish::devilish::ninja::ninja::devilish::devilish:

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just been conditioned very thoroughly and with optimal precision ...that happens if you are a Borusse for over 4 decadeso_O:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::confused::ninja::thumbsdown:

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kevin prince was enough of a one man team to flush gladbach and its 11 players down the tube....so sad....so very sad! Not going to waste time and write about how pissed i am...we simply cant play against teams with inferior quality but stronger and more physical both in the mind and body...they just made sure we couldnt get our game going and a few dirty tricks by that retarded keyleigh princess Boateng was enough to give them all 3....well done boys!

10. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    our offensive play isn't as flowing, as focused and as targeted as under Favre (or in Schubert's one excellent season...) and then it shows... the lukewarm attitude... Eintracht players teached Cuisance something about men-soccer right from the start... but he is our smallest problem... I definitely blame the experienced players... yes, we are another kind of team than Frankfurt but this was far too little in first half... and why is that? these two-faced appearances, I mean... again one half of crap and one half I would call really good (this time the 2nd was the good one, of course)... I don't know... but slowly but surely I come to the conclusion that the atmosphere in the club might be a little bit too smooth, too comfortable... everybody is persuading himself that 2nd place is in reach and therefore everything is fine... maybe it's time for a more demanding attitude... yeah, I know: easier said than done... but the Bundesliga-clubs contemporarily are that weak that you simply HAVE TO GRAB the 4th place... mots likely it will never be easier than this season! (before this matchday the 2nd placed club was closer -pointwise- to relegation than to 1st place... what kind of league is this?)

and yes, a victim of bad refeering ... again... and again!
    video evidence right now is a paragon of how you can ruin a theoretically good idea... how Bundesliga is handling this can only be called totally incompetent

so Leipzig is up (they suck, too, just like any other)... hopefully we see another 'reaction'...

11. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #11 Bananenflanke, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    that was a really entertaining match! (I watched an even more thrilling on sunday: Liège vs. Anderlecht, incl. 'beautiful' old time support... not this slumbrous ultra-sing-song which is in vogue nowadays so often)... man, Klopp's men really looked dedicated...
    and the next two matches they lost against nos. 19 & 20 of EPL!!!! they have the same problem like Borussia... and like with us Klopp is NOT fixing it for months now... despite pure class in front (Mané and the great Salah)... our offensive weapons in contrast have become blunt... we still have the chances (still! despite our offensive play has degraded) ... but we are wasting them again and again (even penalties! aim low, Thor, LOOOOOOOOOOW!!! just listen to Ginter ;-)
    success in front of goal is desastrous... but nothing has happened while the actual transfer window is open:
    Boba OUT!, Villalba OUT! (the next torn harmstring!... maybe we get them cheaper by the dozen), DRMIC a shadow of his former self, STINDL overplayed (thanks to Jogi), RAFFA ailing and HAZARD?.... I hastily praised his technical skills before but i forgot: shooting technique is part of this, too :-(
    it seems there is no money for a finisher at all (maybe not even a promising candidate?)... probably next season... if EPL likes to bring in another Hazard... I'd like to welcome a loan... there still is time ;-)))

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "too smooth and comfortable" thats a good way of putting it...a few more games like this and Cuisance will come out of that so called "man-football" with flying colors ...at this point he is the only one that shows dedication fight and pride on that field.I hope Hecking gives him more and more playing time...referee really sucked massively...said this again and again...u dont expect such low quality in officiating in a country like Germany.Stindl is dropping in intensity and power as we go deeper in the season...i dont blame him tho!
    And thor...omg what a chump! He either is looking down on the pitch and checking out he's boots 24/7 or he shoooooots for the stadium jumbo board...u simply cant trust or like this guy...he is one step forward and 4 steps backward's..nothing like the older bro..not even close! And finally Kramer..wtf is up with him??? and the rest of the injuries can open a whole new chapter in international record books..at this point am 110% sure our physio/medi team is not a good one...our injuries simply are nowhere in sight as far as recovery goes.Anyway if this trend keeps on going and with such a tight table...i can easily see us with a mid table finish at best.We have already lost games and full points to teams that we should have pocketed and saved them points for a rainy day...we havent even lined up against the heavy weights yet...and with such an approach and lack in vision and quality on the pitch...i really see it as a miracle if we end up in any Euro tourni's next seasono_O:confused::mad::(:sick::whistling::speechless::thumbsdown::eek:

13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I like him!
    he's making progress each season... not in giant strides, but still...
    - a huge step in professionalism (says the coach... better later than never)
    - dedication and commitment to run/work significantly improved
    - he's no longer avoiding 1on1s and he's much better at winning them
    - he is taking responsibility (not only penalties)
    - he has the certain something ;-)
    but finishing??? yes, the jumbo board... yes, for a player of his technical skills he astonishingly often has his head down... if he improves significantly at this he's gone...
    anyway: he is no pure striker and with Raffa out and Stindl in poor form it's pretty sparse up front... maybe Cuisance could play Raffa's part but we would loose parts of his fine passing game

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All in all this is how i see it we need 2 quality players...even thru the way of loan in order to help our quality players that are slowly but surely fading away..such as Lars,a =nd now finally the load is catching up with Wendt...imagine this team was playing internationally as well at the moment....ugly vision:whistling::cautious::sick::confused:

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    so, badly decimitated against RB today
    offense is sparse-peopled as mentioned
    defense even the bigger problem, kind of
    the LB position!!!
    1) Wendt OUT for weeks
    2) Johnson NOT READY for action (started training a few days ago... at least)
    3) Doucouré NOT READY (was seen on the training pitch this week... at least)
    4) Kolo & N.Schulz SOLD
    so it's up to Elvedi or (most likely?) Jantschke to take Wendt's place... and if one them is injured who's gonna take the place? Oxford as fill-in? sparse-peopled, too:
    Mayer (CB) and Egbo (RB) didn't joined the U23 in Spain but trained with the first team
    theoretically I would prefer a back three (again)! but as much as I like this: practically we just don't have players on the flanks who know their defensive job: not Traoré (out anyway), not Hazard, not Hofmann, not Grifo... and Herrmann also looked overchallenged in this regard against Eintracht
    I'm really curious what Hecking is up to today!

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe this is a blessing of sorts.Unleash the youth and inexperienced and let them get baptized by the way of fire....forge their mettle thru battle.I expected way more from Grifo...not sure whats with him???Maybe even Drmic can function as a D player of sorts in midfield with attacking qualities....should be interesting!
    :rolleyes:o_O:confused::thumbsdown::sick::whistling:

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....and we caught the fire (in a bad way)....:(:mad:

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just saw the game...i feel sorry for the boys to go down in the 90th min in a very weird game...am not sure what it was that i watched..but it was one of the strangest games ive seen in a long time...its official finally the medical team should be questioned and their ability....and we are like a sitting doc with our current injuries...we can only continue to nose dive imo...the few regulars that remain are slowly fading in the background as well...Herrmann was not the right decision either from get go!
    :confused::mad::(:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::unsure::(:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

Anybody thinks we can even dream of europe with out current state???

19. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on what kind of medication one is taking....;);)

20. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    the attitude and the referee's decisions both were alright yesterday
    still Hasenköttl and his lemonade-unit left Gladbach with all the points
    we again had scoring chances and we again refused to make anything of it
    our finishing-efforts start looking like pure slapstick
    like against Bayern we mostly reacted instead of acting but RB's pressing didn't do us much harm (until defense momentarily nodded of)... so overall it was a improvement.. but still a very flawed one I have to say
    our offensive play apart from the scoring is still too slow and too uncreative... and it doesn't show that the participants know each other for quite some time... it was RB's first away match this season without conceding a goal against...
    at the moment everything looks like a place in midfield in the final table

Hazard should play on the flank, NOT in the center... but who should play there? without a healthy Raffa in shape we are not competitive.... sorry to say but for my liking Eberl failed in winter break (not necessarily in summer break)
    Herrmann is looking for his shape for months now... unfortunately I'm not sure if the shape he is looking for still exists somewhere... it even seems he completely lost his biggest asset: speed!
    Grifo showed signs of improvement (but a lot of uncommon bad passes... he needs playing time) but I'm wondering... when Borussia signed him everybody knew his strengths and his weaknesses (defensive performance & speed)... I'm not sure if we use him in the appropriate way
    Sippel is the best goalkeeping dwarf on this soccer planet... if goalkeeping would be limited to 180cm height Sippel would be Messi

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea Herrmann...seems like searching for something he has lost for good...unless he gets massive playing time and even then...who knows????
    Funny how Bobba and Drmic are still nowhere to be found...and the old story of the rest of the injured players...or as ken pointed out..depends what med's they are on!!!
    Anyway Grifo was a slight bright point...but he as well needs wayyyyyy more playing time and building up he's confidence!
    :confused::(:eek::speechless:

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At this point mega doses of Oxy cant help with the cause...lol

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On a different note...great riddance of the girly men from New England by the blue collar hands of the philli Eagles and their girlie QB ( like ray lewis said..its called football tom..u get hit..shape up or get out of dodge) and their cheating coach...why didnt i bet the 250 $ i wanted to on the eagles????
    :D:ROFLMAO::speechless::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::devilish:;):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

24. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fly Eagles Fly (for those who don't know, I grew up in Philadelphia).

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  25. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    i want the glorious up down up down up-times back!