Quien tiene la mejor Cantera en este momento???

Discussion in 'Mexico: Clubs' started by terrible15, Apr 12, 2006.

1. terrible15

terrible15 Big Soccer Hall of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca
    Yo pienso que Chivas porque en los ultimos anos an salida jugadores como Salcido, Bravo, Medina, Araujo y otros que an destacado mucho...tambien tienen los mejores prospectos...

2. MurderCityDevil

MurderCityDevil New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Arizona/SLRC
    Tendria que ser el Atlas.

Borgetti, Marquez, Guardado, Pardo, Oswaldo, and Mendez are from Atlas.

Although, I will admit that Chivas has picked up the slack in recent years which benefits everybody. I think the Pumas cantera has dried up recently although the Morales kid looks like an excellent prospect.

3. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Guadalajara.

4. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Guadalajara, Atlas antes, pero quien ha salido ultimamente de ahi?

5. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Atlas.

La mejor cantera para porteros.
    ( Sanchez, Navarrete, Cabuto, Corona.)

Marquez, borgetti, guardado, pavel, sanchez, y tantos mas.

Pumas y chivas en 2do. lugar.

6. terrible15

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca
    Chivas, Atlas, Pumas, Morelia, y Cruz Azul trabajan bien la cantera....imaginense si todos los equipos hiceran lo mismo...

7. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  8. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Atlas y Chivas se disputan la mejor cantera.

Aunque Atlas ha perdido el puesto de honor en los ultimos 2 años.actualmente creo que Chivas tiene la mejor cantera ya que gran mayoria de los del Tri Chivas salieron de la cantera.Y habria que incluir a los de la seleccion Sub-17.

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlas stopped producing because they have been lacking funds and their trainers have sought for greener pastures.

I am still not convinced that Chivas has the best youth system. Aside from Salcido and Bravo (who came of age later, rather than sooner), that is it.

People disregard Pachuca and America. In the past 4 years, both clubs have won youth international tournaments, torneos de reservas. Their affiliate clubs in the 3rd and 4th divisions have also won. San Luis (who was America's affilate in the second division) also won promotion using many of America youth players.

10. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Right now it is AMERICA. Some of you will strongly disagree, but if you look at some of the core players around the championship teams, the following were made in Coapa.

Gringo Castro
    Raul Salinas
    Memo Ochoa
    Oscar Rojas
    Cuahtemoc
    German Villa
    Paco Torres

Some may have been more talented than others, but the fact is AMERICA did win two championships with a good number of homegrown talent.

If you disagree with this, than pumas would be the next bet. I can't see how people would say guadalajara or atlas when they haven't won anything yet ...

11. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    exactly...

12. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :rolleyes:

didn't the u17 championship team contain 5 chivas?

i cannot believe raul salinas was mentioned as an achievement.

13. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And the chivas players mentioned are? You may or may not like Salinas, but he was a starter for two championship teams. He had been in the club for about 13 years and knows what its like to defend the colors. He is not the most talented obviously, but he was effective. Get back to me when players that guadalajara produced actully win a championship. The question was who has the best cantera. What better way to measure it than by how many championships that cantera wins ...

14. terrible15

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca

This is ********en hilarious....I said who has the best cantera right now not 10 years ago....Paco Torres doesn't play with America and when he does I dont see anything especial...Raul Salinas lmao......

Players from Chivas Cantera
    Carlos Salcido
    Patricio Araujo
    Omar Bravo
    Alberto Medina
    Carlos Vela
    El Maza(I know a lot of people will disagree)
    5 players from the u17 championship team....
    many players from their cantera are trying out for European teams..(Ledesma, Galvan)
    oh and Chivas has also won International cups from their youth teams

15. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América

Seems like everyone is putting up their own club as having the best youth system. Are we going by players potential ability and talent, or by production. They are two fairly seperate things. Atlas did produce tons of players, but they havent done much to keep the club out of decenso troubles. Chivas also likes to bring alot of guys out of their system, but they get largely overshadowed by the big ticket NT players that vergara has brought in.

America has done well lately, but so has Chivas. They are faily even over the las 5 years or so on producing talented players. Shouldnt be a surprise with the cash they have.

Quick question though, if Vela becomes a world class player, who gets the credit for his development? He never played a real game in guadalajara, but he is 17, so is his game already developed?

16. terrible15

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca
    Chivas has also won international tournnaments and torneos de reservas...Im trying to get some links but Chivas official website is not working right now...

17. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Once they win some championships, I will give them their credit. Until then ...

18. terrible15

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca

Some of them may not win a Championship with Chivas because they'll be playing in Europe...

19. terrible15

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca
    Oh and America won their championship with their cantero....I didn't know Pavel Pardo, Claudio Lopez, Kleber, Ganso, Ricardo Rojas, Duilio Davino, Reinaldo Navia, Rodrigo Valenzuela, came out from America's cantera...

20. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Look back at their last final. En el partido de ida, 8 of AMERICA's starters were all fuerzas basicas. In el partido de vuelta, 6 of their starters were homegrown.

As I say, when gudalajara starts having success, then I will give them their credit. Also, just because some of their youth players have been contracted by european clubs doesn't guarantee success. More come back than actually stay. Wait until they actually play and lets see where they are in 3-5 years. They may have great careers. They may not. But you don't judge the quality of your cantera by what hasn't happened yet ...

21. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    But what have they won?

America's youth teams have won the 3rd division title. They have won a couple torneo de reservas. They have won the Copa Lowes (they beat Chivas might I add with a man down). Many of the players that got San Luis promoted were products of America's youth system.

And what better way to see how they have produced... hmmmmm... 8 players on the 2005 championship that played were BORN AND BRED in COAPA.

22. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    and those using the "the U-17 team had 5 Chivas players" argument is weak. The NT, like many teams consist of players that are there because of the coaches likings (or favorites).

23. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

what? you can't generalize the chiquis situation this much.

:rolleyes: ok. let's send davino for osorio, or salcido. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

24. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Well... if you go back to the NT's history, you will notice teams have consisted of many players of particular teams i.e. Toluca players, Atl Espanol (Necaxa), Pumas, Cruz Azul, America.

The same reason Aguirre used Cruz Azul players when he 1st started is probably the same reason Lavolpe went with 7 players from America (Blanco, Salinas, Rios, Castro, Patino, Pavel, Duilio)...because that particular team plays well and hopes that the core of that group will carry on to the NT.

:rolleyes:

there are 2 possible ways to measure a club's youth system

- titles at the youth levels

or

- titles at the top level (taking into consideration that players from the youth system have carried onto the first team

If you want to measure America STRICTLY on what they have achieved at the youth level. Well, they have won torneo de reservas a couple times, they have won the 3rd and 4th division titles, they have won international tuornaments such as the Copa Lowes. They have won invitational tournaments in Mexico. Not even Pumas or Atlas (who have been known to produce players) have not won as many titles as America (2nd division, 3rd division, 4th division, reserve team, Juvenil Nacional, etc) in the last 5 or so years.

However, Memo Ochoa, Gringo Castro, Paco Torres, Alvin Mendoza, German Villa, Cuauhtemoc Blanco, & Oscar Rojas all are a product of America's youth systems. Those players have produced America with 2 league titles, 2 appearances in the semifinals of the Copa Libertadores (best record for any MFL team in the CL), 3 1st place standings, etc. The final product has given America all of that in the pasts 4 years.

25. terrible15

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca
    Fuimos Bicampeon de la Segunda Division... el mismo ano ganamos el campeonato de la tercera division...Ganamos un torneo en Holanda contra equipos grandes de Europa y Sudamerica(le ganamos a Boca)...en este torneo Renato Rivera quedo como campeon de Goleo y Christian Armas fue elegido como el jugador mas destacado del torneo...el mismo Boca se intereso por unos de nuestro jugadores.....

Donde estan los jugadores de San Luis que los ayudaron a subir al maximo circuito???