Quick question about seating assignments at Parc des Princes

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by wjarrettc, Mar 30, 2014.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i've actually never been but know plenty of people who have and even in the parcage (visitors' pen) which are usually the worst seat in the house, and they say there ARE no bad seats there.

other tips beside what pandore said that might not be obvious to a foreign visitor: no big backpacks obviously, no cans or glass, and if you have a bottle of water they'll confiscate the cap... so squirrel an extra cap away somewhere if you want to take water.

try to show up 30 min before kickoff. if you show up an hour early it takes 5 minutes to get through security and to your seat. half an hour before it takes 10'. 15' before it might take half an hour.

a point and shoot or your phone is OK but no good cameras. if it's raining and you have an umbrella it has to be a folding one with no point at the top.

forget concessions. eating and drinking AT the game is not a french custom, and everything will be expensive and lousy.

2. jtrain12

jtrain12 New Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg

thanks again! so i noticed on the website, they have a 2 pack for 100 Euro.

PACK NICOSIE - MARSEILLE
    C1 - POULE J4 - 05/11/2014 - 20:45
    L1 - J13 - 09/11/2014 - 21:00

its for the random seating in the corner of the stands. It looks this may be the cheaper option, because viagogo charges a 30 Euro booking fee. If I do this, would I just be able to give the 2 tickets away for November 5th? We arrive on the 7th. I read that tickets have to match the name since they ID you. Or is it a way to transfer the tickets? I wouldn't want them to go to waste.

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that's from the official psg billeterie? i couldn't get on to that the other day at all, but if you're sure the two tickets are together (iirc from another time i looked into it that the club website did allow you to get TWO seats together but not more) or close enough you can arrange with those around you, you save money. but i'm pretty sure the only way to exchange tickets is through viagogo.

pandore might be able to help more about the checking they do; to get 50,000 people into their seats they can't play it like heathrow!

if the people you give the tix to look decent enough they might not get hassled. when i was ten years younger and wore boots and a leather jacket to gerland i got pretty thoroughly frisked; now that i look grandfatherly they pretty much wave me through and say enjoy the game sir!

4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Unfortunately, the only legit way is to sell tickets is on viagogo and you have to be a season ticket holder to do so. They are pretty strict about checking your identification now, so getting around that is almost impossible.

5. jtrain12

jtrain12 New Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    it is on the official PSG page for the pack. it gives me the option to buy 1 or 2 tickets. how do i know if they are together. it says something about random, is it the same as general admission? just want to make sure me and the wife are together!

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    if you bought them at the same time they're together. but you'll notice two was the limit. if you're a PG fan you're allowed to have ONE friend. more is suspicious.

7. jtrain12

jtrain12 New Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    i purchased tickets on viagogo for Section 404, i believe row 25...I is it bad? I know its probably high up, but we are excited to go to this match!

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    as a general rule higher is better. the angles are such, and i understand especially at the PdP that you're not that much farther away and get a better view. but you will be the judge! tell us how it was afterwards!

9. Bon_jusa

Bon_jusa New Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Hi guys.

First of all, I'm really confused after reading the thread. I'm planning to go and see PSG - APOEL or PSG - Ajax Champions League game with my girlfriend. I'm planning to buy the tickets from Viagogo (Ajax-game tickets are only available there) and as I know corner and end stands both are free seating (or random seating as PSG calls it). However, is there a section marked on the ticket or can I enter every stand within the specified category? For example if I would buy two separate ALEATOIRE Cat. 9 tickets to the match, can I enter both category 9 end stands?

My concern is that my girlfriend and I would get tickets for different (free seating) sections, and I know that my girlfriend would rather skip the match than sit there alone.

If I choose a corner section on PSG's billetterie site's "stand map", all corner sections are highlighted. When I would do the purchase it only shows "CAT7 Plein Tarif", nothing else. Nevertheless, if I would buy more expensive tickets on the side line, I could choose specific seats from the map.

All help would be highly appreciated.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i can well understand your confusion! because ALEATOIRE for PSG doesn't mean free seating the way most ends work... in fact it's the opposite! if you want to buy tickets in those sections THEY pick the seats they sell you at random, you're still supposed to sit in your own seat. It's done purposely to PREVENT people from sitting together.

you'll notice that the available seats listed on viagogo only indicate row number (to give you an idea about how high up you are) and not which section. otherwise you could buy two ALEATOIRE tix individually making sure to get the same section and arrange with your neighbors. as it is the two tix could very well be on opposite ends of the stadium. and your ticket will definitely be checked at the entrance to the section: they do that here at gerland even though WITHIN the section it's pretty much free seating.

if you want my advice forget PSG altogether and just come to lyon for a match! you'll have a lot more fun in our virage nord than at the quilting bee the parc de princes had become.

11. JohnTrav

JohnTrav New Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Hello, can someone answer the following pls?

Does PSG restrict access to Parc des Princes to certain groups of people at the entrance for specific games, for example depending on the nationality, besides the fact that the individual may be of a genuine possesion of a ticket (online) & identinty card?

I am asking this because a friend of mine with his gf haven't managed to find tickets in the away sector (PSG - APOEL Nicosia in the champions league match) and they are thinking of bying a ticket in the home stands but they are worried that they may not be allowed access (there was a formal announcement from the cyprus police that this will be the case - which i dont really believe that is why i am asking).

Thank you

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it doesn't seem logical to me since PSG's paranoia is mostly aimed at their OWN supporters, but the PdP situation defies logic. i don't think the cypriot police would have come up with this on their own but it seems to me that if you don't have any banners, flags or horns (streng verboten in general anyway) and aren't wearing a visible jersey or scarf you should be OK. the problems of this kind in the past have been fans prohibited from approaching the stadium by the police, not the people at the turnstiles turning you away. especially a guy w/ his gf.

13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You're shameless! :laugh:

Besides, Lyon isn't even in the CL. ;)

As for the away fan issue, I'm really not sure. I think it would be fine as long as, like guignol said, it wasn't someone coming with banners, flags, and all of that stuff. You do need identification regardless, so I'm not sure what they would think when they see your passport. However, if it looks like a nice and normal person who doesn't seem like a fanatic, I'm inclined to say it would be fine. It's a gamble you would have to make.

14. JohnTrav

JohnTrav New Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Thank you guys, i think they will risk it and try to look as geek as possible :)

15. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You're welcome. Good luck. :)

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i saw that a cypriot passport resembles an EU one pretty closely, i don't think they'll look any further than th epicture and the name.

i'm trusting you to be on the up and up! the last time i gave strangers info about the gate arrangements was for man u fans visiting gerland. i thought their object was getting a banner through; turns out their game was trying to rush the turnstile if their fake tix didn't pass and they ended up in a punchup and from there to jail.

17. mikevlamonica

mikevlamonica New Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I came across this site in some research and am hoping someone could answer a few questions as I have never been to a game in Paris. I'm traveling through Paris and staying for a few days in the city and they just so happen to be playing a home game on the 20th of December when I will be there so I might as well check it out.

I'm a little confused as to why the ALEATOIRE Cat. 9 tickets are so cheap? (25 Euro) By American Football standards, these are great seats. I know soccer (football) stadiums have these seats as General Admission, which I know involves a bit of ambiance with the hardcore supporters, but to be priced at half the price of any other seat is strange to me.

I'll be going alone as I am traveling solo, and would ask for advice as where to sit, either those seats or pay double that price (50 Euro) for a 400 level seat. I've sat behind the net at soccer games in the US where the stadiums are about 1/3 the size and MLS fans are amateur at best, but still in the US those seats are more expensive than upper level seating. It just seems strange that these are so cheap. Thanks

18. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cat 9 tickets on the end lines are FAR away from the pitch becauase Parc des Princes has an athletics track around the field (or at least was built to hold one, can't remember off hand if it is still there). For that reason, the Cat 9 tickets are much further away from the pitch than the sideline seating.

That said, you cannot beat the atmosphere in the general admission supporters sections. Save the money and go Cat 9, get there early, and plan to stand the entire match. It will be a blast.

19. MoLou

MoLou New Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Hi there

I am going to Paris in January with my boyfriend and am going to buy him tickets to Paris Saint-Germain vs Rennes on January 31st for his birthday from Viagogo.

The above information is very helpful but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with the following:

wjarrettc, you say Cat 9 has a brilliant atmosphere. But from the photos I've seen online, Category 8 also appears to be filled with passionate fans and as it's higher up will have a better view? It is just a little more expensive. Do you recommend Category 8 tickets?

Also, Categories 9 and 8 seem to cover both the Auteuil and Boulogne sides. Someone else told me to try and get into the Auteuil as it is the best area. Can you choose which stand you want to go to with Category 8 or 9 Viagogo tickets or does the ticket have the specific stand on it?

Thanks

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    first of all, i don't think you can choose boulogne or autueil when you get your tickets, only the (price) category.

as to which of 8 or 9 is better value i can't say. but the difference between boulogne and auteuil, once all-important, is now negligeable.

in the olden days, to be very brief, the KOB (kop de boulogne) was the right-wing skinhead end, and autueil was the left-wing multi-ethnic end(and almost covered in street art). now all that, for better or worse, is gone with the wind.

one small difference is that boulogne is a little bit easier in and out: closer to the nearest metro station (pte de st-cloud) and with more entrances. but as i say, i don't think they let you choose anyway.

oh, and if they still stand in cat. 9 (they certainly used to, don't know if it's still allowed) in 8 people will almost crtainly be seated.

21. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Category 8 is a great place to be, although it's far back from the pitch due to the track configuration of the stadium, you're up high and can see the whole pitch so I like it a lot (probably better than cat 9). The atmosphere is fantastic, and IIRC was standing throughout last time I was there.

Here are a few videos from my visit for the PSG v Chelsea Champions League Quarterfinals. I was in Category 8, standing about 2/3 of the way up the upper deck).

(and yes, that is a cherry bomb that goes off 4 rows in front of me at 57 secs of the last video)

22. MoLou

MoLou New Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Wooho, I've just booked category 8! My boyfriend will love that! Thanks for your help!

23. miranda perk

miranda perk New Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Hello,
    I would like to buy two tickets for the PSG - Chelsea game in February 2015 as a surprise for my boyfriend who is actually a Chelsea fan. I'm looking for tickets on viagogo and also on ebay and would be happy to buy tickets in the guests-fanzone. My only problem is that I don't get which categories or which zones are for guest-fans and which for the PSG fans. I've got a really good offer for tickets in zone 407. Should I take it or only PSG fans sit there? What are the best seats for Chelsea-Fans?
    Thanks!

24. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    What is the price of the tickets?I'm thinking to attend that game too.

25. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    probably best to get them through the CFC website. they'll have an offer for the trip (or a link to a supp group doing one) but should offer seats only in the visitors' section as well.