Questions for Apertura 2011

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by Monkeyboy2000, May 18, 2011.

1. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So we are done in Clausura 2011.

I hate polls so I'll just pose some questions for you guys -

1) Would you have kept Ojitos Meza and the current staff or would you have sacked the lot ?

2) If you had to KEEP one of the following guys, who would it be and why ?

Cesar Villaluz
    Horacio Cervantes
    Alejandro Vela

3) Would you keep Torrado going forward or is it time to start looking for a younger midfield ?

2. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1) I would've fired him, no tiene huevos. It's time for a change.

2) Alejandro Vela, We'll have to see how he comes back from his injury but I would give him a chance to stay. Romo has to go.

3) I would say keep for another season. Although not technically brilliant, he has the leadership needed in this team.

3. Cali

Cali Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Long Beach
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1. I would definitely keep Ojitos Meza because everyone knows he is a great coach. Also, who would you replace him with that is better?

2. I think I would keep Vela and Cervantes. Vela has been injured for extensive time but he is a very good player. Also, with Vela on the team you can move Chaco Gimenez next to Torrado in the central midfield, move Droguett to play behind Villa and Vela on the left. Cervantes is a difficult one because he is highly skilled but makes the most ridiculous errors, if the team can get a central defender that is good on the ball to play next to Araujo we can get rid of Cervantes. Villaluz is an interesting one because he has expressed interest in leaving and I think Aquino is already a better player.

3. Torrado is old but he is still an effective player and underrated by many just because he does the small things. I think he needs a new partner in the midfield that can get forward and assist the attack. The best Torrado has played with Cruz Azul was when his midfield partner was Riveros. Riveros would get forward but so would Torrado because they were both able to hold down the midfield by themselves when the other attacked. Maybe Alejandro Castro deserves an opportunity in that position next to Torrade.

The team needs a playmaker, maybe El Hobbit or a similar player that can play behind the striker and control the game. Also, a center back that is not mistake prone like Ponce and Cervantes, someone like Johny Magallon would be great.

4. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Boy, I don't know how much cash it would take to get Bermudez from Atlante, but I would image it would be a lot...

Anyways, I guess I should also answer my own questions -

1) I think Meza deserves one more shot, especially with the new Liguilla format for next season, where teams can survive one bad game. But man I wish we could play better on the road. I would like to see what a coach like Tomas Boy would do with the current team.

2) This is a tough one. Vela is OK but I would much rather see more playing time for Bello. I guess if I had to keep somebody, it would be Villaluz. The lesser of evils among that group of players. But I would reduce his playing time. Maybe just play him in the Concachampions.

3) Torrado has one or two more good years to go. But this is the time to start seeing who could back-fill once he's gone.

5. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  6. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE......

Specifically Central Defenders. We have been needing this for quite a while now. Acosta from Puebla would be killer.

7. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It probably won't happen but I would love for us to pick up a more dynamic forward. Villa is great at finishing but we need a player that can make plays on his own. Playing with only one guy upfront made us real easy to shutdown by the good teams last season.

On defense I want Araujo and "Catita" to be give a chance to be starters every game. Ponce should be adapting better his second season in Mexico. Hopefully he learned how sensitive mexican refs are to off the ball contact.