Question

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by FireJuveChelsea, Jan 22, 2019.

1. FireJuveChelsea

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hi Everyone,

I am a Fire fan I come in peace....haha. Just question for you guys. What are your thoughts on Ousted? Reading Goff's article it seems the Fire will mostly get him at some point although we usually screw things up so it probably won't go through. Was he a good GK for you? I know as you should have when you got Hamid he went to the bench but was just curious. Our GK situation is abysmal so just about anyone would be better than what we have, I just was interested on your fans take. Also I am glad to see you guys are good again and good luck this season except against my Fire :)

2. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    We expected a lot more out of him since he was one of the best goalkeepers in the league about 3 seasons ago. But he was very much below average by MLS standards. If he had done his job, I'm not even sure we would have brought Hamid back.

In Ousted's defense, the period that he started for us was very difficult. All the games were on the road. And the defensive line in front of him was struggling too ... very poor defending from Brillant, and two new fullbacks who both needed some time to adjust.

I generally still think that in the right scenario, Ousted can still be MLS starter quality. Definitely better than the keepers Chicago has had since they foolishly let Johnson go. That Richard Marquez last year was a joke. I've seen better goalkeepers in my local amateur league.

Theopisa, GumbyG and Winoman repped this.
  3. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    #3 Q*bert Jones III, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    He was perfectly fine here. Never outstanding, which his price demanded. I don't think he ever played a home game for DC and the defense in front of him was shambolic at times. But he was serviceable. That makes him a big upgrade over both Richard Marquez and Sean Johnson.

Theopisa, Winoman, Boloni86 and 2 others repped this.
  4. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Ousted is a professional, competent 'keeper. He will not stand on his head and stop shots he has no business saving, that's not his game. He will communicate with his defense, try to maintain calm on the pitch and just otherwise do his job. The biggest knock against him is his cost, he's not worth $400K in this league. My guess is the Fire will get DCU to eat part of that salary. If you get him for $200-250K, you have an upgrade over what is there currently. He will not be a long term solution given his age. However, given how the Fire's roster is constructed, you've got maybe one or two more years of service from McCarty and Schweinsteiger anyway, so this year is really a win now or really blow it all up season anyway.

Winoman and GumbyG repped this.
  5. FireJuveChelsea

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Thanks guys. it's official today. Our backline as well was terrible last year so hopefully we make some more signings too but we'll see how it goes haha