Question: Where to watch the CL final while in Europe

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by CharlieBrown, Apr 13, 2005.

1. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown New Member

Nov 14, 2004
    FL
    The champions league final will be on May 25th. Problem is, I'll be in Europe vacationing at the time, most likely Rome or Florence on the 25th. So my question is: is this game normally broadcast live on regular european TV? or is it on european cable, or pay per view or something? Would I be able to watch it from my hotel room? would I have to go to a bar/pub to watch it? Sorry for the question, this is my first time going to europe so don't know much about TV rights and CL in europe. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It should be on terrestrial TV, so you should be able to watch it in your hotel room (depending on the hotel). It will obviously be on in most bars/pubs. You should really find a good bar/pub to watch it in. Better atmosphere and quality European beer! :D

3. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yes it would be much better to be in a pub to watch it
    they would show it in probably every pub you step into
    and milan will be in the finals, so since you will be in italy, they will have some great atmosphere in the pubs so i suggest you go in there

4. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown New Member

Nov 14, 2004
    FL
    Thanks guys! I'll try the bar/pubs then! Here's hoping for an AC Milan-Chelsea final! But if Liverpool/PSV make it, it's all good too :)

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    you're kidding right? where won't you be able to watch it? lol

6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Unlike the US my friend, Europe lives on football. This thing will be shown everywhere.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, CharlieBrown's questions are valid. How many Ajax Eredivisie games have you seen on regular TV this season? Or how many people in Spain saw Real Madrid - Barca match last weekend on regular TV?

8. silver bullet

silver bullet Member

May 11, 2004
    :confused:

9. SubPop77

SubPop77 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Seattle WA/Berlin DE
    Dont know if he will to be able to find a lot of that quality European beer in Italy....maybe if it was Belgium or Germany... :p