Question regarding Kicker Ratings and Metzelder

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by Snakeater, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snakeater

Snakeater Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Kicker Ratings and Christoph Metzelder.

As most of you know, at the end of each month, various soccer publications pick their team of the month, drawing on players who play in domestic leagues across Europe.

I was surprised to see that Christoph Metzelder was chosen by one publication to its team of the month for December while at the same time he has consistently received 4s and 5s and even a 5.5 from the boys at Kicker magazine. How do we explain this discrepancy? One magazine selects him to their team of the month while another rates his play as crap.

In fact, of the 15 matches Metzelder has played, only once has he been given a rating of better than average; that was in game (speiltag) 8, for which he received a rating of 2.

Now, the kicker boys could be drunk when they watch the games, or the team of the month selections made by various publications shouldn’t be taken too seriously. I don’t really know which is closer to the truth, but I do know there’s a definite discrepancy here.

Anyone have any thoughts and comments on Kicker ratings or monthly 11 picks? Or what the exact criteria is?

the Snake

2. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    That rating system is subjective not objective
    e.g. Koller got a 1 by kicker once when he only made 1 goal and played otherwise mostly shit (Metze who had a damn good game got only a 3)

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

History is about to be made! I almost totally agree with HejaBVB!! :D

I haven't seen any other publication or TV station in Germany whose opinion I trust more than Kicker's.

Not saying that everyone should, but in my opinion, Kicker are the most objective.

I trust my own opinion more than I trust any writer's. Anything a writer puts out is subject to his or her own biases and prejudices. If I can find any way to review a subject before commenting on it, I do so.

Snakeater, when were the matches you are referring to??