Question of Rivalries forums guideline.

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by junjunforever, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    So you can express your racist views on Iranians and Japanese that aren't permitted by TOS if you wrote them in English.

essvee is saying in the follwing post that "nation of Iran today has zero culture"
    Saying that a nation of 70 million people has "zero culture" is a very very hypocritical statement coming from someone who is crying about "racisim".

2. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Babelfish is really bad. What essvee said is that Korea seems to be at a disadvantage because the Persian culture is one of the dominant cultures that form the backbone of Western civilization. In later posts, a couple of Koreans, including me, chimed in saying that essvee is looking for geopolitical reasons that does not apply in this case.

I'm telling you Mani, don't trust Babelfish. I ran some translations through there and it makes no sense. Not even 50% sense. I'd say, it gets about 20% right, and switches the meaning around.

If you truely want a good translation, why don't you pay for the human translation? I'll willing to offer my services :)

3. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    This is babelfish. I love that last line. "Koreans spirit car li nine bedspreads" LMAO:

The writing strong Korea the nation and Iran which are coming indebtedness are the petroleum retention from the United States. Also the appear bedspread to be being also the history VIP. The Persia nation today from being revealed in zero culture decisive Korean verse (? ) As it is a country which is the possibility of doing. It is easy disregard under the nail cyo. Also still to consider the Islam national Iran thing also being the unknown world considers, cyo. Korea us economic. political. showed a culture actuality too much in Imf after whole world. Must endeavor by the boat where that much Korea stands again the hazard where is center of the world. Koreans spirit car li nine bedspreads.

4. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Mani, try this. Write a post in Persian and do a babelfish. Actually, you might get a so so translation, if the grammar is the same. Korean grammar is very different from English, so as you know. Then you could start to see how wrong babelfish gets it.

5. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Personal insults?

Hardly. Descriptive more like it. I'm really getting really sick of this.

Is there any group you don't fight with? Koreans, Australians, Arabs .. and that's just within the Asia subforums ..

Why do you always assume that people are always doing things with you or Iranians in mind?

And seriously, stop throwing around accusations of racism. You just neg repped me accusing me of racism.

I've asked you and kami_kakashi to provide evidence of my alleged "racism". If I have been racist, then there ought to be plenty of evidence, right?

Please bring it up and let's discuss it, or stop throwing around baseless accusations. I've never posted anything racist, inside or outside Rivalries.

I meant this as honest advice. If you're going to lose your eyesight soonish, then you've got better things to do with your time. Don't waste what time you have left.

6. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    The entire post essvee wrote doesn't translate into "nation of Iran today has zero culture".

Why don't you post the complete translation so we can all see and judge for ourselves?

Doing it this way, ie. with your editorial input, amounts to slandering.

Post the entire translation or at least the specific part that directly translates into "nation of Iran today has zero culture".

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    How dare you accuse me of racial slurring, Mani! I said something good!

8. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Drop the act essvee. I've already provided the hard evidence. It's very obvious that the Korean posters here would protect one and another and deny what has been said in Korean by some of them and their compatriots using excuses like "babelfish doesn't understand Korean grammer" and so forth. So it's up to the non-Koreans here to judge for themselves by translating the last few pages of this secret thread you guys got going in the Korea forum.

And dsk_oz, you are not even worth a minute of my time so stop beating yourself on the chest everytime I post something.

9. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Paranoia Maxima!

10. maiku~

maiku~ New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Toronto
    LOL I put it through Japanese translator just to check and there is nothing to that extent~

Mani is indeed paranoid!

11. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You my friend should be the last person on earth to judge what is racist and what is not. This is what you wrote outside rivalries less than an hour ago:

12. maiku~

maiku~ New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Toronto
    ya, mod told me the rules in private message~ I didnt know bout that, because ppl were flaming outside rivalry anyway, I'm not going to do that outside rivalry forum any more!

But it's not about me, its about u dude, u have some serious issues! LOL~

13. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Just come up with a cogent, consistent guidelines with prescribed action for violations and apply them consistently. The fact is that the rules are fast and loose and conflicting. Even now, forum guidelines posted in beginning of forums contradict even what mods have been writing in this thread.

Come up with official and enforceable guidelines and make mods enforce them.

Also, racial insults and racial comments should not be tolerated, even in rivalries. The whole attitude of it's in rivalries so everything goes is really helpful to no one.

14. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I actually agree with mani on this one. That post is absolutely the most blatant racist post I've seen on bigsoccer for a while. No reason such posts should exist in any thread, EVEN in Rivalries!

15. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Actually, you might get a halfway decent translation, since the grammar is almost identical.

16. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I did, a few posts ago.

The phrase in question is "서영 문화에". LOL. The "영" part got translated as "zero" Ha ha ha. Mani, for your info, "영" (pronounced like "young") can mean, "forever", "English" or..."zero".

Correct me if I'm wrong guys (I immigrated when I was 7), but the phrase would translate as something like, "English-speaking Western culture?"

Notice how the common Korean sentence ending, "yo" is translated very often as "bedspread." LMAO.

17. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    This is how bad babelfish is:

"한국인들도 정신차리구요" got translated as "Koreans spirit car li nine bedspread."

I was very confused until I realized:

차=car
    리=li (unit of distance)
    구=nine
    요=bedspread

This is unbelievably bad. It is worse than not having a translation.

18. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Mani for President!!

19. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    did mani just make a fool out of himself again? LOL secret racist thread by Koreans. Next thing you know, Mani will be claiming Koreans have gundams to exterminate the world, and that secret special thread is where Korean Gundam pilots communicate.

20. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

21. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    More fun guys. This one had me just rolling:

유부남에서 "사까시"란 단어가 나오다니 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 역시 남자는 남자이네요!

Is translated as:

"The company it peels from the married man and" the word which is born as well the man the bedspread which is a man!

22. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Dude that's classified information. You can't exploit the fact that the DLI 63 building at Yeoui Island houses Taekwon V :D

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I'm happy I brought Huss another customer... way to go Hyok!

24. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    congratulations to mods... you managed to recruit one more racist to join Rivalries... I see a raise coming up!... keep up the good job! :rolleyes:

25. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    and now you're considering yourself in the same boat with three squares... you've gone pretty low.